5,596,568 Members 41,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Skyper

Tip us?

Jefis
Old
(Last edited by Jefis; 3rd March 2011 at 01:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Cool Skyper

Hello there fellow developers. I recently made quite a progress in developing skype for WP7.
I want to share my current progress with you, so maybe someone will want to join this little project, which, in future will be released for free, and probably with source code .

I'm not designer, as you will see from the screenshots, but, if you are, and want to join this effort in making skype, contact me asap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skp1.png
Views:	5541
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	498410   Click image for larger version

Name:	skp2.png
Views:	4723
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	498411  
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Jefis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QT7x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice work
i'm waiting for release

_calum_
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I'm not really a designer myself, but I'm pretty experienced with WPF/Silverlight programming, and I'm always up for a bit of open source work.

PM me if you want me to help out.

stylopath
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by _calum_ View Post
I'm not really a designer myself, but I'm pretty experienced with WPF/Silverlight programming, and I'm always up for a bit of open source work.

PM me if you want me to help out.
I second that.

I don't have much free time but i'd love to contribute to this project.
I've got some experience in Silverlight/WPF programming, so there should be several points where i can help out.

mupets_revenge
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've more on the development side as well but I've been doing lots of work with the notification system in wp7 and am happy to help out.

Pm me i could be useful.

Marvin_S
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
this is great it should remain a sideload project though? Skype probably would not like it, or will they?

Anyway very very usefull and nice idea! If I would have some time I would love to help. Or at least test and bugfix and **** I'm not an educated designer, I'm just a perfectionist and hate ugly apps

kirimaru89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice job man!

Marvin_S
Old
(Last edited by Marvin_S; 24th January 2011 at 06:10 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
I made a quick mockup about how the message thing can look.

I thought about just having 2 pivots or panorama pages with a contact list like you have now select a contact and swype t the left to chat with this person swipe to the right click a diffrent contact now it loads the chat of that contact. So that you will always have just 2 pivot pages, otherwise you might get lost if you have multiple people chatting at the same time

I made a mockup of how your conversations can look in metro style. Idk if you like it. I made it quickly the icons etc. are but ugly but just to get an idea. All the images are just copy and pasted from skype and wp7 haha so it was just pretty simple and wont pass the marketplace (not with the skype header at least).
It very similar to what you already made with the contactlist and just a logical next step of your work. I could code the layout for it for you ,but I dont think its that hard to code this design or to get these images.

(Ow and yeah the credits in the sample text is towards you ofcourse, great job, great project man!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.png
Views:	1718
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	498626  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marvin_S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaraya13
Old
Thanks Meter 45
This is great, I know there is a long way to VOIP but this looks promising. Thanks pal!
---------------------------------------------------
Previous Phones:
HTC Touch > HTC Touch Diamond P3700 > HTC Touch Diamond 2 > HTC PURE > HTC Tilt2 > SAMSUNG FOCUS > HTC Inspire > Samsung Infuse > SAMSUNG Galaxy Note

Hit "Thanks" if I've helped

DarkSilence1234567
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default I'm a Designer

I'm a pretty good deisgner. Well i have a lot of free time and i would love to contribute to your Skype client. If you would like to have somebody wih a lot of experience with design like photoshop, and expression, then please write me a message.