Post Reply

Replacement screen?

OP mackdaddy187

24th January 2011, 02:35 PM   |  #1  
mackdaddy187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
So I managed to crack my screen today right after waking up and dropping the phone. I looked on Dealextreme and it has a replacement case for the whole phone.


MY question is that does that dealextreme case also include the glass screen. Also is there somewhere else I can just buy the screen?

Thanks.
24th January 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
TimMun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dirksland
Thanks Meter: 42
 
293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
If I understand correctly it is your digitizer that is cracked..
Replacing the touch digitizer is possible but quite a technical thing to do...
Last edited by TimMun; 24th January 2011 at 04:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimMun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2011, 04:35 AM   |  #3  
mackdaddy187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMun

If I understand correctly it is your digitizer that is cracked..
Replacing the touch digitizer is possible but quite a technical thing to do...

Oh man, that sucks for me. I am a nerd so I can open stuff up and put it back together. But this drop is going to cost me.
25th January 2011, 06:05 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy187

I am a nerd so I can open stuff up and put it back together.

They have digitizer screens for the X10 on eBay:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=xpe....c0.m270.l1313
27th January 2011, 02:38 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 10
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Get yourself a new digitizer including front cover. Because its really hard to get the digitizer of. It will only cost you 65 on ebay.
I fixed my diamond 2 last time Works perfect now. Not that hard! Take some time and beers

Cheers
27th January 2011, 04:51 PM   |  #6  
mackdaddy187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidonno

Get yourself a new digitizer including front cover. Because its really hard to get the digitizer of. It will only cost you 65 on ebay.
I fixed my diamond 2 last time Works perfect now. Not that hard! Take some time and beers

Cheers

Yup ordered a digitizer yesterday for 60 + 15 shipping to canada. I don't trust ebay or paypal much so I pay straight off the credit card. Anything goes wrong I can file a dispute.
31st January 2011, 10:40 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I think i 'll buy also a new digitizer because my screen has a lot o scratches. But is there any x10 disassembly video. I searched youtube and i found nothing
31st January 2011, 01:03 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
It's not really that hard tbh i just replaced my whole phone (case,screen,digitizer) the only thing you need to be extremely safe with is the flex cable to the front keypad.

Heres what phone phone looked like
Last edited by brat81; 31st January 2011 at 01:22 PM.
31st January 2011, 05:33 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag buggenhout
Thanks Meter: 2
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
try ebay, i'm sure its on there, sux for you..
31st January 2011, 11:45 PM   |  #10  
joefloater's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag windsor
Thanks Meter: 20
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalikoutis

I think i 'll buy also a new digitizer because my screen has a lot o scratches. But is there any x10 disassembly video. I searched youtube and i found nothing

Here is a complete disassemble guide.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6368979

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes