5,598,086 Members 42,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I make a modded AOSP,.29 kernel,CM6 ROM? Or should I continue improving this?
CM6 93 44.08%
AOSP 23 10.90%
.29 kernel 23 10.90%
Continue improving this ROM with OC etc. 106 50.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod V1.4 (First U81XX ROM with OTA!!!)

Tip us?

tahahawa
Old
(Last edited by tahahawa; 15th September 2011 at 11:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Angry [ROM] [DISCONTINUED] tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod V1.4 (First U81XX ROM with OTA!!!)

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS ROM HAS CAUSED. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE: THIS IS ALL UNTESTED. THE MINUTE I FINISH, I UPLOAD. SO DON'T BE SURPRISED IF IT DOESN'T WORK.

This ROM is based on @cas_xp's, @dsixda's, @kalt_kaffe's, and @tkirton's work. A big "Thank You" goes to them.

Also a big Thank you goes to www.heylisten.org/ROM, the provider of the free hosting and the one(s) that made OTA possible. I will also be making a QR code to download it straight to your phone.

Info:
  • Android OS version: 2.2
  • ROM Name:tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod
  • Rooted (unsecured boot.img):YES
  • Rooted (Superuser.apk + su):YES
  • BusyBox installed:YES
  • BusyBox run-parts support:YES
  • DT's Apps2SD support (2.7.5.3beta04):YES
  • /data/app enabled:YES
  • Custom boot animation allowed:YES (Place in /data/local [will need to be re-signed])
  • Nano text editor installed:YES
  • Bash shell support:YES
  • /system/framework is deodexed :YES
  • /system/app is deodexed:YES (except for the htc ime)
  • ROM will wipe all data:NO
  • Zipaligned
  • Includes Wireless tether app (extra; not needed)
  • task killer tweak for speed
  • Maybe a couple of things I forgot

Download here and the update 1.3.8-1.4 here

First U8100/U8120/U8110 ROM that has OTA updates!!! WOOT!!!

Black task bar theme: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20139338/smalser.wt.zip

For those on Pulse Minis/U8110s and can't get network try the method here or follow my steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=255

For those on V845s/U8120s try @anryl's kernels over here

Quick tips for Pulse minis etc.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=301

To-do list:
1)Include Wifi fix
2)OC kernel
3)Darktremor's a2sd
4)Radio app
5)Calibration app
6)flash player inclusion? NOT POSSIBLE. REQUIRES ARMv7
7)Update System apps
8)fix D-pad light
9)De-odex
Attached Files
File Type: zip A2SD patch V1.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.69 MB, 3547 views)
LG P999 (No bleed or issues!)

Want to help me out? Want online storage space FREE? Want 250mb MORE storage on top of that storage? Click HERE for all that. Help me and help yourself with Dropbox!

IF I HELPED, DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE "THANKS" BUTTON AND USE MY DROPBOX REFERRAL LINK. THANKS
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to tahahawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tahahawa
Old
(Last edited by tahahawa; 16th April 2011 at 04:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Change Log:
V1.3.8:-replaced launcher2 with launcherPro
-Edited task killer tweaked
-New boot animation
-Possibly better/updated OpenGL es driver?
-Edify scripting

V1.3.5:-Implemented OTA!!!
-New host for files
-Incremental updates will be started as well

V1.3.2:-Removed Titanium Backup and ROM Manager.
-Still waiting for OTA to be possible

V1.3:-Added Titanium Backup and ROM Manager.
-Updated ROM base to @cas_xp's wifi update beta3.
-Closer to implementing OTA.

V1.2.5 (name not changed in ROM):-A2SD patch created
-Experimental boot.img by @anryl released

V1.2:-Two versions, with or without A2SD
-The A2SD includes A2SD version 2.7.5.3 beta03
-Fixed update-script... again
-removed A2SD version, added support

V1.1:-Fixed update-script
-Changed name to "tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod V1.1"

V1:-initial release

Want to help me out? Want online storage space FREE? Want 250mb MORE storage on top of that storage? Click HERE for all that. Help me and help yourself with Dropbox!

IF I HELPED, DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE "THANKS" BUTTON AND USE MY DROPBOX REFERRAL LINK. THANKS
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tahahawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

selfinflicted1
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Any ascend or m860 support?

S.I. 77
Device- Nexus 4
Rom- CM 10.1
Case- Body Glove
"Sweet Peter"

Back up- HTC Vision
Rom- Elite Mod
"Papa snuff"

tahahawa
Old
(Last edited by tahahawa; 26th January 2011 at 01:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinflicted1 View Post
Any ascend or m860 support?

S.I. 77
Unfortunately, no.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tahahawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tahahawa
Old
(Last edited by tahahawa; 26th January 2011 at 05:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Installation

1. Flash a recovery image

2. Copy the .zip file to your MicroSD card and boot the phone into recovery mode (call+volume-up+power)

3. Choose "Flash zip from sdcard" and choose the zip you just copied.

4. Wipe data+cache before rebooting. You should wipe unless you are already on a Froyo ROM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tahahawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tahahawa
Old
(Last edited by tahahawa; 30th January 2011 at 09:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Swap:

To enable swap on partition 3 or partition 2 (it will check partition 3 first and if it doesn't exist it will try partition 2)
$ su
# sdswap.sh enable

$ su
# sdswap.sh disable

Compcache:

If you are using are already using a swap partition on your SD-card, then you most likely shouldn't enable compcache. But if you do not want to partition your SD-card then compcache can be a good alternative.

Read more about how Compcache works here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compcache

Enable compcache
In a terminal or using an adb shell type this:
$ su
# compcache.sh enable

Type free to confirm you now have 32Mb swap

Disable compcache
In a terminal or using an adb shell type this:
$ su
# compcache.sh disable

Type free to confirm you now have 0Mb swap

Advanced users
Compcache size, settings and swappiness is setup in /system/bin/compcache.sh
If you are an advanced user, you'll know how to proceed from here...

syrenz
Old
(Last edited by syrenz; 26th January 2011 at 02:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Some questions before putting this on, since I'm always a noob with installing new ROMs...

1) Is this in a stable and smooth stage yet (with everything working properly) or is this still in developmental stages? What is the difference between this and cas_xp's?

2) I'm currently running The Celestial Teapot at 652mhz, will this be noticeably slower considering it doesn't have overclock (does it?). What's the deal in regards to overclocking?

3) I can install this fine (flashing it) over Kalt Kaffe's TCT ROM (replacing it with this one) or do I have to somehow get TCT off first?

Forgive me if my questions are nooby, I always prefer to overask (woohoo new word) in regards to ROMs

Whatever the case, thanks for working on this! Awesome (really) if it works perfectly, but even if not, I like seeing any development with U8100.

atomicr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Unfortunately, it won't boot on huawei u8110.
I've tried to delete data/fatory reset, but it didn't help.

tahahawa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrenz View Post
Some questions before putting this on, since I'm always a noob with installing new ROMs...

1) Is this in a stable and smooth stage yet (with everything working properly) or is this still in developmental stages? What is the difference between this and cas_xp's?

2) I'm currently running The Celestial Teapot at 652mhz, will this be noticeably slower considering it doesn't have overclock (does it?). What's the deal in regards to overclocking?

3) I can install this fine (flashing it) over Kalt Kaffe's TCT ROM (replacing it with this one) or do I have to somehow get TCT off first?

Forgive me if my questions are nooby, I always prefer to overask (woohoo new word) in regards to ROMs

Whatever the case, thanks for working on this! Awesome (really) if it works perfectly, but even if not, I like seeing any development with U8100.
1)This is @cas_xp's but modded.

2)I haven't tested yet. But the previous version wasn't as laggy. I'm going to try to bring OC in. To reduce lag.

3) You should probably wipe before coming to this ROM . I should probably put a short flashing guide in.

tahahawa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicr View Post
Unfortunately, it won't boot on huawei u8110.
I've tried to delete data/fatory reset, but it didn't help.
It will take a long time to boot for the first time. It is deodexed.

The Following User Says Thank You to tahahawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
froyo, huawei, t-mobile pulse mini, u8100, u8120, u81xx, vodafone 845