Votes: 44 47.3%
  • And now Froyo's running smoothly on my NC

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

samuelhalff

Oct 5, 2010
This method is depreciated. Please use cicada's ZIP.

Hi,

After a very polite discussion with members of this community. I've simply decided to go back to my life without XDA.

Sorry.

I'll leave you these files which work for sure. These can be flashed using IOMonster's rootpack.

Overlclocked kernel 1100mhz FOR FROYO ONLY you could try out, but this kernel hasn't been exhaustively tested: -Download flashable 1100-froyo-test-kernel-install.zip here. -Download flashable 1100-froyo-test-kernel-removal.zip here. Kernels originally posted by dalingrin, found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=925451

In case anything goes wrong and your NC won't boot anymore: Flashable zip (to copy to root of sdcard):

-Download flashable repartition-boot-with-froyo.zip here.

-Download flashable repartition-boot-with-stock.zip here.

If you use stock-boot after having flashed froyo, it will not be enough to boot entirely, it will only show you "touch the futur screen". For it to boot completely, you'll have to format system and data, then use complete-restore-to-stock-1.0.1 after that, or install froyo-emmc again. This should only repair your boot (mmcblk0p1) partition, allowing your NC to boot again.

See 'Restore to stock' thread regarding restoring/flashable zip download.

Thank you for your support.

Have fun.

Sam

Last edited:

bL33d

Mar 6, 2008
Illinois
Gonna pick a nook color up today this looks great thanks for ur hard work.

One think can a guy just make a backup via cwr?

samuelhalff

Oct 5, 2010
Well that's a question you should ask IOMonster. But one thing is sure, the sd's size (1gb) wont suffice for a total backup of the nook. And I'm not sure nandroids are totally stable yet..

Gonna pick a nook color up today this looks great thanks for ur hard work.

One think can a guy just make a backup via cwr?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

samuelhalff

Oct 5, 2010
Anything is possible. Actually, all you would need to do from now on to make a flashable "mod", would be to make an .img of your customized system (with dd), making sure you leave all private data out of it. And then copy it to my existing zip by replacing the existing /tmp/system.img. The script would do the rest.

Well that's if you don't need to copy anything to /data. In that later case script would need just a few more lines...

That's all..

Sam

xawen

Nov 12, 2008
Annapolis
Well that's a question you should ask IOMonster. But one thing is sure, the sd's size (1gb) wont suffice for a total backup of the nook. And I'm not sure nandroids are totally stable yet..

I've restored from a CWM backup several times to replace a development image that was less than functional :). As long as:
1) you only need to restore /boot, /data/ and /system
2) your new update .zip doesn't break CWM (doesn't replace uRecRam)
It should work fine.

Even if it does break CWM on install, IOMonsters SD should still work fine. Just some thoughts...

sardeenz

Aug 1, 2010
Superb!

Thanks so much. I've been really looking forward to this.

Also, fyi, I had to use IE to download the image, didn't work with Chrome.

Last edited:

crashdau

Oct 15, 2005
New York
I'm trying to download the files but the website won't let me. It's stuck in loop.

I got hung up trying to dd the blocks (mmcblk0p3), then device rebooted on its own...then got stuck in bootloop...pulled the sd card and shut down for 5 - 10 mintues.

turned on to see and it booted fine back to Auto-nootered Eclair....

Now just waiting to be able to download file....

DyDx

Oct 19, 2010
So, I have a CWM backup image that I've successfully restored in the past, that should suffice right?

Also, is it actually necessary to use this bootable CWM or is it possible to install the zip directly from CWM on my device?

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
For those who has done this (emmc), is it yielding noticable improvement over SD cards? One of my chief complaints about the current Froyo build is the lag (opening gmail can take upwards of 2 mintues sometimes, among a host of other complaints. How is the responsiveness now?

samuelhalff

Oct 5, 2010
It should also work with internal cw recovery. But then you have no way back without an sdcard, because cwr dosent boot on nookie yet.

So, I have a CWM backup image that I've successfully restored in the past, that should suffice right?

Also, is it actually necessary to use this bootable CWM or is it possible to install the zip directly from CWM on my device?

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010
It should also work with internal cw recovery. But then you have no way back without an sdcard, because cwr dosent boot on nookie yet.

So cwr doesn't work with nookie froyo yet? Does that mean that I can't flash a kernel without using the sdcard and in doing so loose all data because it will overwrite the boot partition? I think I'm confused:confused:

succulent

Dec 22, 2010
Can someone please zip up the img file and rehost? It's almost a 1GB. Not that I mind waiting an 1 hour for it to download.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method is depreciated. Please use cicada's ZIP.

Hi,

After a very polite discussion with members of this community. I've simply decided to go back to my life without XDA.

Sorry.

I'll leave you these files which work for sure. These can be flashed using IOMonster's rootpack.

Overlclocked kernel 1100mhz FOR FROYO ONLY you could try out, but this kernel hasn't been exhaustively tested: -Download flashable 1100-froyo-test-kernel-install.zip here. -Download flashable 1100-froyo-test-kernel-removal.zip here. Kernels originally posted by dalingrin, found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=925451

In case anything goes wrong and your NC won't boot anymore: Flashable zip (to copy to root of sdcard):

-Download flashable repartition-boot-with-froyo.zip here.

-Download flashable repartition-boot-with-stock.zip here.

If you use stock-boot after having flashed froyo, it will not be enough to boot entirely, it will only show you "touch the futur screen". For it to boot completely, you'll have to format system and data, then use complete-restore-to-stock-1.0.1 after that, or install froyo-emmc again. This should only repair your boot (mmcblk0p1) partition, allowing your NC to boot again.

See 'Restore to stock' thread regarding restoring/flashable zip download.

Thank you for your support.

Have fun.

Sam
    I leave you this file, flash if your nook won't boot. Fornat data and system, then restore. See restore to stock thread.

http://www.multiupload.com/VEJFMO05BV

Sorry for leaving.

All the best.

Uploading mirror now. Will update once done.

Mirror - http://www.multiupload.com/B2VGQZZMM2
    has anyone, successfully gotten this to reboot and get back into Froyo after thie intial boot of Froyo (ie, a 2nd boot/restart after once being inside of Froyo?).

Yes. My NC only boot to Froyo now. No boot loop.

Just make sure when you do this, have the power plug in.
    Now I can't tell if I should try this or not