Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 54,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yes, please. (Honeycomb)

Tip us?

Bimboy
Old
Thanks Meter 97
If it were me, and I just spent a few marathon sessions getting this to where it is, came back here to post an update, and read this thread (where it's at right now), I'd say "screw these people".

We were told that he's going to work on it this weeknd, and by 2am on Saturday, people are wanting more. Think, people... Jeesh.
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bimboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiscoPh3v3r
Old
(Last edited by DiscoPh3v3r; 29th January 2011 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
No what you guys don't understand, I am NOT getting mad at him for not posting every 5 minutes. I am NOT calling him a fake.

But I am NOT going to believe something just because there is pictures. I could care less whether he has 2 posts or 2000 posts, the point is there is absolutely nothing that makes it any more believable than me saying I have a 2.4 build running on my nook.

Until a video is posted or deeper_blue can post more, you guys are just getting your hopes up in vapor(soft)ware. You act like I am calling out your mothers or something. I haven't once disrespected deeper_blue. And I can wait, after all I waited almost a whole year for the Motorola Cliq to get the 2.1 update.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat
I think people who have donated have fooled themselves into thinking that the shipped nooks will guarantee a CM build (akin to a bribe). Do i think there is a good chance for it? Sure. But i too will only really believe it when i see it.
Do you remember that Divine_Madcat?

That is exactly my feelings towards this.

jonagpa
Old
Thanks Meter 45
first I want to apologize for basically ruining this thread, everything was fine until I opened my mouth.

second I want to clarify that I was not calling deeper_blue a liar or a fake, I also understand that there are other people outside of xda that know what they are doing.

I am in shock at the backlash for simply stating that there is a possibility that this is a fake. I just wanted to make people aware that deeper_blue only posted 3 times before and that the pictures could of easily been faked, this made me suspicious that is all, I have no prof that this is fake and I have no prof that it is real.

For the people that got offended or outrage at my suggestion, next time please refrain from making rude comments, no one wants to hear them. I think I was very polite on my post and I was expecting the same treatment.

Now lets stop the bickering and get back to business
------------------------------------------------------------
Custom DIY Dock for phones with cases or extended batteries
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonagpa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackderbyhat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoPh3v3r View Post
No what you guys don't understand, I am NOT getting mad at him for not posting every 5 minutes. I am NOT calling him a fake.

But I am NOT going to believe something just because there is pictures. I could care less whether he has 2 posts or 2000 posts, the point is there is absolutely nothing that makes it any more believable than me saying I have a 2.4 build running on my nook.

Until a video is posted or deeper_blue can post more, you guys are just getting your hopes up in vapor(soft)ware. You act like I am calling out your mothers or something. I haven't once disrespected deeper_blue. And I can wait, after all I waited almost a whole year for the Motorola Cliq to get the 2.1 update.

Edit:

Do you remember that Divine_Madcat?

That is exactly my feelings towards this.
Thank you for your skepticism. Surely everyone here on XDA gives a **** about what you're saying. Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting, thank you for calling someone out while posting absolutely nothing to help the community.

In other words, ralph pls go. (IE GTFO)

DiscoPh3v3r
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackderbyhat View Post
Thank you for your skepticism. Surely everyone here on XDA gives a **** about what you're saying. Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting, thank you for calling someone out while posting absolutely nothing to help the community.

In other words, ralph pls go. (IE GTFO)
LOL... wut?
Thank you for joining in randomly? I don't know what I did to piss you off. I am just here bein an angel

tnpapadakos
Old
Thanks Meter 1024

DONATE TO ME
wow, i subscribed to this thread to keep up on this development and i have to say, the posts today have been really informative (kinda like this one)
The Following User Says Thank You to tnpapadakos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

urbanengine1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Argghh all the junk posts in this thread are giving me a headache...

Personally i don't think i've heard (read) one person call blue a fraud, but i don't think there was any point in bringing up the fact that it may be fake when it was bound to start this annoying arguement.

And anyway, him having only 3 posts in not a viable reason to even suspect him of lying about this port, how would you like it if everything you said was dismissed due to your lowly post count?
Not very much i would assume.

Anyways (that word again!?!), why would you want to lie about such a thing?... sure you'll gain recognition for all of about 5 days before people start to leave the thread and it falls into a perpetual state of limbo (?)...

Please! Grow up people!

EDIT: uhoh i think this is a junk post too

Oh and please no reply saying "why don't you grow up you unsurping little upstart" or something of that ilk...

techboydino
Old
Thanks Meter 23
not to add to the time wasting useless posts in an otherwise exciting thread but everyone that doubts must not have been using Android all that long. Here's my proof why anything can happen.

G1 = Runs Froyo. Most (including HTC, TMO, mean people) said no way, impossible
HD2 = Just loaded Gingerbread. Not even an Android Phone. Early on, "not gonna happen, will take years, etc"

My mind is utterly blown from what XDA and others have produced in the past few years for Android. So if this is a sign of hope for those who might be new to Android, then take it for what it is. They will do it, be patient. The damn thing is like 3 months old and look how far we are now. I'm not a dev, but I'm not an idiot either. Im putting my money on the community getting Honeycomb to work. Just have to wait until then. Hell, Ill be happy with AOSP 2.2.
Nexus 5 | Stock Xposed
Galaxy Note 10.1 | Stock...for now..
HD2 | Dead Nand Memory

honeynook
Old
(Last edited by Mikey; 30th January 2011 at 12:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Default a video of whats coming up

you can now check out video
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to honeynook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techboydino
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Thanks for the link.

(Must have been a lot of shopped frames with good reflection detail to get that video.)
Nexus 5 | Stock Xposed
Galaxy Note 10.1 | Stock...for now..
HD2 | Dead Nand Memory