Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yes, please. (Honeycomb)

Tip us?

Link3737
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I think it's amazing that someone's managed to get the 3.0 preview build running on the NC already.

When Honeycomb was announced I wasn't sure we'd be getting it, but this has definitely helped remedy my doubts

ufgrat
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoPh3v3r View Post
YES
NOW I AM A BELIEVER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Now THAT is proof my friends. This guy is a nook color legend

Also, I know this is real for sure because I actually see him interacting with it. That was the proof I was looking for. Good job dude, awesome
You're being inconsistent. All he'd have to do is fraps an emulator session, record it to a video, and play it back on the nook, synchronizing his actions with the fraps session.

And the movie post was from someone with 1 XDA posting, meaning, apparently, that the odds of them being an actual developer are 1 in 10... or less.

I mean, if you're going to accuse people of fraud, be consistent about it. Suspect EVERYONE.

This entire thread has gotten out of hand. deeper_blue made a not-terribly-surprising claim, that he had managed to get the SDK preview to boot on the most unlocked, hacker-friendly tablet <clarkson>... in the WORLD</clarkson>, posted it on a site known for a long, colorful history in Windows Mobile and Android firsts, and the first reaction, without any evidence to the contrary, is that he might be faking it.

Of course he might be faking it. Odds are just as good (actually, better) that he ISN'T faking it, and is the first to accomplish something truly cool. He should be encouraged, if for no other reason than I WANT HONEYCOMB!!!... er.. because it would be a benefit to the community.

If he clams up, and produces nothing more, then we'll never know-- but it's just rude to say "screenshots or it didn't happen, and by screenshots I mean hand me a working copy or you're a fraud", which is how I interpreted the original skeptical post.

Congrats to all involved, and I sincerely hope that the nook gets honeycomb Real Soon Now-- I want an email package designed for my large screen, dammit.
The Following User Says Thank You to ufgrat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiscoPh3v3r
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Once again, I am gonna have to say it.

I was NOT calling him, deeper_blue, a fraud. I was simply stating it could be faked. You took it as "OMG IM DISCOPH3V3R AND IM A MOTHER F#$%$#% THAT GONNA RAPE YOUR MOM AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY BECAUSE IM SO AWESOME AND I KNOW EVERYTHING AND I KNOW THIS IS FAKE!!!!!11" When all I did was simply agree that it could have been fake. I don't get why you guys are being so rude? I never said it was fake, I said it could be fake. And I am being consistant, I said from the begging that it didn't matter if he had "2posts or 2000" all I asked for video proof and yes I do realize it could be fake but I asked for video proof and I got it so I believe it is real now. Get off my back now okay? You misunderstood my posts I guess, so I'm sorry for that. Just chillax now and only post things relevant to honeycomb and its development now. K, thanks, bye.

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 8967
Location: NSW, Australia Likes: Anything alcoholic or caffeinated

DONATE TO ME
Guys, please keep the discussion civil and on topic
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
i saw this historical documentary on TV about this race of beings who flew millions of light years from the 12 Colonies, chased by robots and then arrived on Earth and gave birth to humanity as we know it. How do I know it's real? Cause all of their stories seemed so true, and they also hinted about Mitochondrial Eve.
I see dead phones, calling around just like regular phones.

My cell phone history: Ericsson GH788, Mitsubishi T200, Sanyo BAM 201, LG V111, Ericsson T28, T39, T68, T68i, Panasonic GD87, GD55, Nokia 3660, 6600, Motorola V525, A360, Panasonic X701, Palm Treo 600, HTC Blue Angel, Wizard, Herald, Kaiser, Touch Pro 2, Doubleshot MT4GS

deeper-blue
Old
(Last edited by the_scotsman; 30th January 2011 at 10:14 AM.) Reason: Fixed Youtube
Thanks Meter 580
for all the people that can't wait:

graphics acceleration more or less working. The SGX driver seems too old for some buffer request of android 3.0, so right now the statusbar is invisible but still functional. Not sure if I can fix that or have to wait for the AOSP release.

What is not working... pretty much everything else, no accelerometer, no wlan, no sound. Haven't started working on those things yet.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to deeper-blue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s0nniez
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Wow, nice stuff! Great job getting honeycomb!
Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy SIII T999

Retired Phone:
HTC HD2

fattire
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4386
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeper-blue View Post
graphics acceleration more or less working. The SGX driver seems too old for some buffer request of android 3.0, so right now the statusbar is invisible but still functional. Not sure if I can fix that or have to wait for the AOSP release.

What is not working... pretty much everything else, no accelerometer, no wlan, no sound. Haven't started working on those things yet.
Looks good. Will not likely be difficult to add those bits... do you have a sleep-of-death issue as well?

Dahsar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow this early

Sent from my Vanilla Tazz using XDA App

urbanengine1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Wow, looking great...

Any possibility of a dd image for others (me ) to test

If it'll take to much time don't worry, id much prefer to see more progress being made than my whiney @ss getting a test...