5,594,564 Members 33,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme] [Bugless] Pink Steel!

Tip us?

ljbaumer
Old
(Last edited by ljbaumer; 2nd March 2011 at 04:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default [Theme] [Bugless] Pink Steel!

ATM I am going to stop updating this theme unless any other bugs appear or if fission is updated. I probably won't be coming out with other color updates because I don't have the free time to just work on theming, sorry. I will try and keep this theme updated so it works with all versions of fission though.

Update #2: Removed the gingerbread battery icon version because they had a weird background and I don't think that they are going to work and they don't fit the theme even when they are pink. I also updated the main theme to 2.6.1.

Update #3: Just added the new status bar color version. I am keeping the old one up also because in my opinion it looks better but some people are going to like the new one more.

Update #4: fixed menu color issues and changed the bootanimation ENJOY!. More updates to come tomorrow.

Update #5 *hitting head against wall with all of these updates* There shouldnt be any more bugs and I changed all of the app icons to the elegant steel style. I will continue to update this theme with vibrancy soon and I may change a bit more of the style.

Update #6 something went crazy and the last update so now it's all good
All bugs fixed and new BOOTANIMATION!

Thanks,
ljbaumer

I am proud to present my annual valentines day theme Pink Steel!

**Based off of Elegant Steel ported by me

Quick note: I have tested this theme and I have not noticed any bugs but if you find any please send me a PM of post the bugs on the thread

Standard Disclaimer: I DO NOT take any responsibility for anything that happens to you or your phone before or after you flash this theme. By rooting your phone you probably have already voided your warranty so you are on your own. If you have any problems I will try and help you but I cannot promise anything.

Install Instructions:

1) Boot into recovery
2)Make sure your system is mounted under mounts and storage
3)Install the .zip from your SDcard
4)Reboot your phone
5)follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/ljbaumer99
6)TADA!

Another note: almost everything in this theme is modified at least a bit, from the color of the text to the shape of widgets.

Credits:
Team defuse: making the fission rom
The users in the elegant steel thread: for inspiring me
Davros (droidforums.net): Letting me use bits and pieces from his theme
http://=http://www.droidforums.net/f...om-themes.html
I forgot where I got the bootanimation from but thanks to that developer.
If I left anyone out just pm me please.

Features:

I have included a few very unique features in this theme.
The first one of those features is the launcher2.apk
Launcher2 (stock launcher) is a custom version of the gingerbread launcher. It has 4 items in the dock at the bottom and an app launcher.
The app launcher in launcher2.apk is 3d by default! That means no launcherpro for your 3d app drawer
Also when you open the menu on the main homescreen you get 6 options instead of the stock 5. The added 6th option is a manage apps button (as shown in gingerbread) which takes you straight to the manager apps section in setting where you can stop running apps (like a task manager), uninstall apps or clear the data off of apps.

There are also some other features but I am pretty tired right now and I cannot remember any of them lol.
Screenshots

Here is a screenshot of the new color update for the status bar:

Downloads:

Pink Steel for fission 2.5.7: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KZJLXSB
Pink Steel for fission 2.6.1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XRVKXIZ
Pink Steel lighter status bar for fission 2.6.1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20681EB4
Follow me on twitter @ljbaumer99
The Following User Says Thank You to ljbaumer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

draya1986
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Looks like a remix version of JRummy's Pink Life theme.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/24...mys-pink-life/

Nice work though.
The Following User Says Thank You to draya1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ljbaumer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Thanks,

I didn't even know that other theme existed but it looks sort of similar I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draya1986 View Post
Looks like a remix version of JRummy's Pink Life theme.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/24...mys-pink-life/

Nice work though.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Mackattack
Old
(Last edited by Mackattack; 27th January 2011 at 07:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I really hate to say this and I am so sorry for saying it but the top bar doesn't really match the rest of the theme(looks a bit purple), plus I am having an issue with battery icon not being fully accurate(you think you can make it look like the Gingerbread battery but in pink that always worked more accurately for me). Now the highlighted pink color shown off is more of what I was looking for. But thank you for the hard work.

Maybe we should find a woman to be called the official D2 girl and use her as like a background option. lol

ljbaumer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Ok... why don't you make the theme then? Or tell me how to make it? Jesus christ you guys are appreciative. (Sarcasm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I really hate to say this and I am so sorry for saying it but the top bar doesn't really match the rest of the theme(looks a bit purple), plus I am having an issue with battery icon not being fully accurate(you think you can make it look like the Gingerbread battery but in pink that always worked more accurately for me). Now the highlighted pink color shown off is more of what I was looking for. But thank you for the hard work.

Maybe we should find a woman to be called the official D2 girl and use her as like a background option. lol

Mackattack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
All i am asking for is the status bar to be more pink-ish and not purple. sorry i am pmsing right now.

ljbaumer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Do you want the status bar to be the color of the status bar pull down? (See screenshots).

Quote:
All i am asking for is the status bar to be more pink-ish and not purple. sorry i am pmsing right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljbaumer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tbaker077
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thank you for this theme looks pretty good.

Mackattack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbaumer View Post
Do you want the status bar to be the color of the status bar pull down? (See screenshots).

Or the color of the highlighted icon on the last screen shot, whatever is easiest for you.

ljbaumer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Ok, I am pretty busy today but there should be an update out tomorrow.

Quote:
Or the color of the highlighted icon on the last screen shot, whatever is easiest for you.