Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Bring The Wine (Sync Exchange Tasks) -[R]- 1/28/2011 -[U]- 06/30/2011 -[V]- 2.0

OP ithinkurdumb

27th January 2011, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 5

105 posts
Name: Bring The Wine (version 2.0)

Welcome to Bring The Wine, the task manager that syncs your phone with your Exchange account. Let's be honest, it's usually ok to forget the milk once in a while. But you should always remember to bring the wine to that party.

Website
http://bringthewine.syrupie.com/

Download
http://social.zune.net/redirect?type...4-00237de2db9e (available on Marketplace)

What's New

v2.0 has an redesigned interface and allows tasks to be shown in categories. It also includes an improved sync mechanism, better notifications and other minor improvements.

v1.2 comes with faster Exchange sync, better notification and improved reminder.

v1.1 has a slightly simplified interface. It also has improved sync handling and fixes several bugs.

v1.0 has a redesigned setting interface. It also fixed a sync issue with incomplete tasks and includes various graphic performance improvements.

v0.9 adds Exchange Server 2003 support. It also addressed several minor stability and performance issues.

v0.8 introduces a new layout and allows easier access to tasks. It also adds Bing's photo of the day as an option of background photo.

v0.7 adds category support, customizable view and landscape mode. It also resolves issues related editing HTML note, detecting standalone mode and dimissing task.

v0.6 adds reminder support, live tile support and the option to enable/disable background. Now you can not only edit reminder of tasks, you can also receive reminders on your phone (just like old times). Live tile will show the number of incomplete tasks when Bring The Wine is pinned.

Features
* Sync tasks with your Exchange account. Don't use Exchange? Standalone mode allows to manage your tasks without an Exchange account.

* Sync with Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010.

* View, add and update tasks. Supports features like notes, categories, start/due dates and reminders.

* Receive reminders about your tasks on your phone, just like on your PC.

* Customize how tasks are shown. See the information that matters to you.

* Use that slideout keyboard to type faster in landscape mode.

Why We Made It
I used Tasks on my Touch HD everyday, and one of the reasons I'm sticking with WM 6.5 is the lack of Exchange Task support. I realized MSFT isn't going to add this anytime soon, so some friends and I made one ourselves and share with you.

Bring The Wine allows you to sync tasks between Exchange Server and your Windows Phone. It's currently in an early stage, but more features will be added soon and kinks will be ironed out.

Bring The Wine support most Exchange installations. , as long as they're Exchange Server 2003 or later.

If you also want to sync tasks on your Windows Phone, give it a try! Any suggestion and feedback would be appreciated =)

FAQ
http://bringthewine.syrupie.com/support#faq

Screenshots
See attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-TasksByStatus.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	642579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-TasksByCategory.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	642580  
Last edited by ithinkurdumb; 1st July 2011 at 06:50 AM.
2nd February 2011, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stolberg
Thanks Meter: 107

1,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb

Name: Bring The Wine (version 0.1)

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type...4-00237de2db9e (available on Marketplace)

I used Tasks on my Touch HD everyday, and one of the reasons I'm sticking with WM 6.5 is the lack of Exchange Task support. I realized MSFT isn't going to add this anytime soon, so I decided to make one with my friend.

Bring The Wine allows you to sync tasks between Exchange Server and your Windows Phone. It's currently in an early stage, but more features will be added soon and kinks will be ironed out.

Bring The Wine should support most Exchange installations, as long as they're Exchange Server 2007 SP1 or later.

If you also want to sync tasks on your Windows Phone, please give it a try! Any suggestion would be appreciated =)

That's what I've been waiting since I flashed WP7 on my HD2. Currently downloading. I will give feedback after I tested around a bit.

[Edit]

First feedback:

Sadly it can't connect to the server. I could probably be because my username differs from the first part of the E-Mail address. There shouldn't be any certificate issues since I installed them correctly and E-Mail, contacts and calender work just fine.
Last edited by dkp1977; 2nd February 2011 at 03:56 PM.
3rd February 2011, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

120 posts
More
This application looks very promising. I have been looking for a way to synchronize tasks through with WP7 because I rely heavily one them. Unfortunately I can't synchronize my tasks with the program and I believe it may be due to the exchange server but it does function for me on Windows Mobile 6.5. My exchange is through Zimbra and I think I've read that Zimbra uses or is similar to Exchange 2003. Is there any possibility of adding support Zimbra?
3rd February 2011, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

105 posts
@dkp1977
What error message did it say? Or if you can PM me your email address or the server URL you tried to connect, I'll check to see what might be the problem.

@oaa8
I'm not familiar with Zimbra. But if it uses Exchange Server 2003, then it's not supported, as Bring The Wine relies on some features that're only available on Exchange Server 2007 SP1 and newer versions.
3rd February 2011, 11:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Stolberg
Thanks Meter: 107

1,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bring the wine - error message
PM is on its way. Thanks in advance, mate.
Last edited by dkp1977; 4th February 2011 at 05:45 AM.
4th February 2011, 09:48 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 185

3,008 posts
Though I don't use task much, but it works fine. Good job.!

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
4th February 2011, 10:27 AM   |  #7  
Flag Prague, Czech republic

204 posts
More
Great, I've been looking for such app since I got my WP7.

I couldn't get it working with Hotmail (Live) account thou. When I type in m.hotmail.com as server name, the application responds:
"The server is not an Exchange Server."

I thought it should work with Hotmail account: http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...activesync.ars
4th February 2011, 11:55 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tószeg
Thanks Meter: 22

284 posts
More
Question Self SSL
Hi!

Any chance to support self signed certificates? I read your first post and I acknowledged it but do you have any plan to implement it?

Regards
Cina.
4th February 2011, 12:17 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

105 posts
@omikr0n:
Yes Hotmail does support Exchange ActiveSync, but it doesn't support some features Bring The Wine relies on (just like Exchange Server 2003). Currently we're not aware of any way to support them, but we are exploring other options.

@cina:
Self-signed certificate will be supported in version 0.3, which should be available on Marketplace within a week.
4th February 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #10  

4 posts
Somehow I can't connect to my mail server. Does it have to be https?? Because my outlook is setup as mobile.domain.com and for sure it it doesn't require a secure connection. All our phones work fine with that. But somehow I am getting the "An error has occured" error... By the way, the correct word is "occurred".

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
exchange task
Previous Thread Next Thread