XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Kernel.zip

Tip us?

sarfaraz1989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Unhappy Stock Kernel.zip

Can someone please upload a stock kernel zip update file ..I dont want to reflash my phone using kdz just because i tried out some OCed kernels ..Can one of you devs do this if it can be done ...

Omnichron
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I'm sure one of the bright minds here can help you with that. but... why do you wnat it? are having trouble with the modified kernel for OC?
Douchebag Level: Maximum

knzo
Old
(Last edited by knzo; 27th January 2011 at 06:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3899
2.2 or 2.2.1?
I don't have the time but I can leave the instructions to someone which has:

1- Grab 2.2 or 2.2.1 boot.img (look in Prime ROM for 2.2.1 and Light ROM for 2.2)
2- Unpack boot.img (use dsixda's kitchen for example)
3- Extract the zImage (the file in the first folder with >2MB, it has another name but I don't recall)
4- Get the Amon_RA recovery port for P500, extract contents to some folder
5- Replace the zImage for the one you extracted in the unpacked boot.img (you have to rename it)
6- Zip it again (with no compression)
7- Sign the zip
8- Post link here
The Following User Says Thank You to knzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarfaraz1989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

.How do i go abt extracting the kernel From LG's source and making .zip update package for custom recovery????

sarfaraz1989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock and i think both run on 2.2) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

.How do i go abt extracting the kernel From LG's source and making .zip update package for custom recovery????

anotherloony
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Check Janitux guide to cook
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901417
You will find there tools and how to extract.

arczangel
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfaraz1989 View Post
@noejn i just switched to your VOID rom from earlier MEgatron one..(btw both roms rock and i think both run on 2.2) and i installed that touchscreen-bug fixed kernel posted a few days back ..No there's no EDGE internt Access through phone.

Check your apn settings ...

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/R8fYFpIu