[HOW-TO] : Restore Nook Color back to stock EASILY!
What these steps will do:
This will remove anything that you currently have on your system, including CWM. It returns your nook back to a stock 1.0.1 unit and ready for registering. I give credit to both of the OP's of the mentioned threads, I just wanted to compile an easy step-by-step guide for those who may be struggling.
I may sound like a tool, but I am actually quite tech-savvy, and by the looks of it, there are several others suffering a bit too. So I thought I would post a very basic and easy to follow step by step:
1. Shut down NC
2. Remove SD card from NC and insert it in your card reader on the computer
3. Download Bootable Clockwork SD image here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=cwm
4. Use WinImage to install the image to your SDcard (Download WinImage here: http://www.winimage.com/download.htm
To install the .img file to your SDCard using WinImage please follow these steps:
1. Download WinImage from the link above, and install it on your machine.
2. Open WinImage
3. Insert your SDCard into the card reader
4. Select "Restore virtual hard disk image" from the "Disk" menu
5. Select your SDCard
6. Select the Image that you downloaded from the above link
7. Add the Zip file to the computer as well
8. Once complete insert the SDCard into your NC
9. Reboot NC
5. Also download and save the NC 1.0.1 complete from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=cwm
6. Copy the zip file to your SD card as well
7. Insert SD into the NC
8. Turn on NC
It will now boot into the CWM, and you need to format both the system
on it before your flash. THIS IS IMPERATIVE!
To perform the formats follow these steps:
1. select "mounts and storage"
2. select "format system"
3. Confirm format
4. select "format data"
5. Confirm format
6. Continue with steps below
Once you have formatted the system and the data under the "mounts and storage
" section of CWM continue with:
9. Select "install zip from SD card"
10. Select "choose zip from SD card"
11. Select the nook 1.0.1 file
11. Confirm install and wait for it to continue
This takes about 5 minutes in total. When completed you will have a 1.0.1 stock nook like you bought it from the store. THIS WILL REMOVE CWM as well!
To move in the CWM program you use your Volume +\- keys and the "n" button to confirm. To go back use the Power button.
I don't mean to steal any thunder from the folks who put the aforementioned links together, I just felt like there wasn't a dummy proof way to get your nook back to stock quickly and easily.
DISCLAIMER : You are following these steps at your own risk, and I am not responsible if your nook color explodes and bricks, or turns into a transformer and kills your family.