[ROM] [GSM] CM7 Gingerbread Beta 2012-02-19

OP Technomancer

6th June 2011, 12:03 AM   |  #1011  
Thanks Meter: 685

2,809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

We have the same browser as everyone else in CM7 has. "Fixing" it is frankly beyond my abilities and interest. I am not going to fork the browser and try to fixit just for the Tab. It should be fixed upstream (in main CM7 repo) by people who know what they are doing. The problem with the browser is kind of unclear and "smoothness" is not very quantifiable.

I thought as much. I did a bit a of Googling and it looks to be a nightmare to do anyway.
6th June 2011, 12:04 AM   |  #1012  
Thanks Meter: 7

78 posts
Hey.Techno,

You've made fantastic progress thus far. Well done. Extremely pleased with the options to overclock and undervolt as well as the voodoo.sound. unfortunately something has affected the 3d graphics, framerstes are down. You mentioned something to do with crespos open gl.libs? Maybe that has something to do.with it.

Keep up the hard work and much respect.to you!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
6th June 2011, 12:22 AM   |  #1013  
Flag Galaxy World
Thanks Meter: 447

2,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
so am living in malaysia , does the 3g will work for me or no ?

did u include any modem with the rom ? i wanna make sure the 3g is working before i flash this one and give it a try
6th June 2011, 12:43 AM   |  #1014  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 423

561 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0sh

did u include any modem with the rom ? i wanna make sure the 3g is working before i flash this one and give it a try

No, modem is not included, because depending on the region and device (ATT, TMO, Euro/international) you have to use different modems. For International JK5 seems to be the best.
6th June 2011, 12:43 AM   |  #1015  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 54

371 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0sh

There's no modem supplied. See the first post for recommended modems, or just flash it and if it doesn't work then flash one of the working modem.bin files.
6th June 2011, 12:48 AM   |  #1016  
Flag Galaxy World
Thanks Meter: 447

2,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No, modem is not included, because depending on the region and device (ATT, TMO, Euro/international) you have to use different modems. For International JK5 seems to be the best.

tnx for replying fast , so if there is not modem is include this is mean that the 3g will work fine right . like in overcome they don't include the modem but the 3g its working without any issue . i thought so , am going to give it a try , even if i hate using HM
6th June 2011, 12:48 AM   |  #1017  
Flag SF Bay Area

561 posts
More
All right, I found the issue with scaling_available_frequencies. Fixed in http://github.com/cm7sgt/kernel-gala...20acab04be990c so it should be possible to use CM Performance settings now.
I can't believe Samsung forgot to add it. It is there in Aries kernel. Aren't they starting from the same kernel source for aries, herring and p1?

For impatient, fixed kernel attached. Flash with heimdall.
It will be inclued in next release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip zImage.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.94 MB, 156 views)
Last edited by Technomancer; 6th June 2011 at 12:52 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #1018  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - The Android Surgeon
Thanks Meter: 3,747

3,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The tvoutserver and associated libraries are there. I don't know if they do anything useful though. You can try and let us know.

Tvout is not working at all...logcat shows nothing...it just isnt being detected....:(
6th June 2011, 01:18 AM   |  #1019  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 54

371 posts
Quote:

All right, I found the issue with scaling_available_frequencies. Fixed in http://github.com/cm7sgt/kernel-gala...20acab04be990c so it should be possible to use CM Performance settings now.
I can't believe Samsung forgot to add it. It is there in Aries kernel. Aren't they starting from the same kernel source for aries, herring and p1?

For impatient, fixed kernel attached. Flash with heimdall.
It will be inclued in next release.

Kernel installed ok and can now see the different frequencies in CM settings. However, it doesn't let me set anything higher than 1000MHz unless I was also running SetCPU. Not sure if that's a requirement or not?

Logcat below (when choosing CM7 performance settings):

Code:
com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActivity } from pid 420
D/dalvikvm(  420): GC_CONCURRENT freed 712K, 52% free 3034K/6215K, external 883K
/1033K, paused 2ms+4ms
I/ActivityManager(  174): Displayed com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActiv
ity: +401ms
E/CPUSettings(  420): Error writing to sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scal
ing_max_freq. Exception:
E/CPUSettings(  420): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu
0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq (Permission denied)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.open(Na
tive Method)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at dalvik.system.BlockGuard$WrappedFileSystem.open(Block
Guard.java:232)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java
:94)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java
:66)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(FileWriter.java:80)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.writeO
neLine(CPUActivity.java:180)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.onPref
erenceChange(CPUActivity.java:143)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.Preference.callChangeListener(Pref
erence.java:756)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.ListPreference.onDialogClosed(List
Preference.java:219)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.DialogPreference.onDismiss(DialogP
reference.java:383)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.app.Dialog$ListenersHandler.handleMessage(Dia
log.java:1047)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3
835)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCalle
r.run(ZygoteInit.java:847)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.ja
va:605)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/InputManagerService(  174): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: co
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@408a0088
D/dalvikvm(  744): GC_EXPLICIT freed 105K, 49% free 2899K/5639K, external 663K/1
034K, paused 114ms
6th June 2011, 02:18 AM   |  #1020  
Flag SF Bay Area

561 posts
More
looks like permissions problem. will have to fix in init.rc.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

The Following User Says Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread