5,595,964 Members 31,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**CWM ZIP ROMS & QR Code Downloads**

Tip us?
 
dharvey4651
Old
(Last edited by dharvey4651; 30th January 2011 at 04:44 AM.)
#1  
dharvey4651's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 561
Posts: 2,955
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Olathe, KS Device: HTC One

 
DONATE TO ME
Default **CWM ZIP ROMS & QR Code Downloads**

For CWM ROMS> I recommend using QR Codes to link your downloads. This way users can download the updated version of the ROM directly to their phone, reboot and install it. This eliminates the need to download, remove SD card, and copy ROM to SD card with card reader. An EXCELLENT QR Code Generator can be found HERE.

If you would like an extra post added to your release threads to accommodate the QR Codes, I would be more than happy to add one for you. Just shoot me a PM.

An example of a QR Code download link:

Quote:
-= CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) NAND ROM =-

v1.0.7 - Desire HD CWM


Click or Scan QR Code to initiate download.
Using the free Barcode Scanner app from the market, scanning this QR Code will take you to the Hotfile download page for CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) V1.0.7 download right on your phone allowing you to download it from the web without browsing to this thread and clicking the links manually.


<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1 target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1</a>
Howdy new members ^^^ Click my banner
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bates_1974
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 472
Join Date: Jun 2009
I think this a great convenient idea, good stuff!
 
casemandan
Old
#3  
casemandan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 441
Posts: 651
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.I. NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
For CWM ROMS> I recommend using QR Codes to link your downloads. This way users can download the updated version of the ROM directly to their phone, reboot and install it. This eliminates the need to download, remove SD card, and copy ROM to SD card with card reader. An EXCELLENT QR Code Generator can be found HERE.

If you would like an extra post added to your release threads to accommodate the QR Codes, I would be more than happy to add one for you. Just shoot me a PM.

An example of a QR Code download link:



Using the free Barcode Scanner app from the market, scanning this QR Code will take you to the Hotfile download page for CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) V1.0.7 download right on your phone allowing you to download it from the web without browsing to this thread and clicking the links manually.
Cool, been waiting for this feature for some time now
thumbs up
 
rafpigna
Old
#4  
rafpigna's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2228
Posts: 1,320
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
Will do sir
My builds:
Nand: Rafdroid HD - Rafdroid HD light - Rafdroid Ginger
Sd:
Rafdroid HD
My Kernel: HERE

Want updates?... Click to Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/rafpigna

If you like my ROMs, feel free to DONATE HERE Every donation is appreciated but not mandatory You can still press THANKS button!
[/FONT]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DarkRiot
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 179
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanks, nice idea .
 
saintsmmx
Old
#6  
saintsmmx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 231
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels

 
DONATE TO ME
This looks like a good idea, but PLEASE keep a download link for those of us browsing with our phones; nothing ticks me off more on my phone than a QR code teasing me big, beautiful, and unscannable, right there on my screen haha
 
pkellum
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsmmx View Post
This looks like a good idea, but PLEASE keep a download link for those of us browsing with our phones; nothing ticks me off more on my phone than a QR code teasing me big, beautiful, and unscannable, right there on my screen haha
Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.


Click QR Code to start download.
Device: HD2 1,024MB
Android: CMN 6.2.0 v2.0 NAND Android ROM
Keyboard: Swype 2.2.24.10369 blue
HSPL: Version 3
Radio: 2.15.50.14
WM ROM: none
The Following User Says Thank You to pkellum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saintsmmx
Old
#8  
saintsmmx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 231
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkellum View Post
Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.


Click QR Code to start download.
Dude, YES! Haha
The Following User Says Thank You to saintsmmx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tdizzle404
Old
#9  
tdizzle404's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1081
Posts: 4,421
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Georgia

 
DONATE TO ME
Smile Yes

Thank you sir!
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS
 
dharvey4651
Old
#10  
dharvey4651's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 561
Posts: 2,955
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Olathe, KS Device: HTC One

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkellum View Post
Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.

*image here*
Click QR Code to start download.
That IS even better.

Hope some devs start using this idea. "Click or scan QR Code to start download"


<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1 target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1</a>
Howdy new members ^^^ Click my banner

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes