5,595,964 Members 31,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**CWM ZIP ROMS & QR Code Downloads**

Tip us?

dharvey4651
Old
(Last edited by dharvey4651; 30th January 2011 at 04:44 AM.)
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 561

DONATE TO ME
Default **CWM ZIP ROMS & QR Code Downloads**

For CWM ROMS> I recommend using QR Codes to link your downloads. This way users can download the updated version of the ROM directly to their phone, reboot and install it. This eliminates the need to download, remove SD card, and copy ROM to SD card with card reader. An EXCELLENT QR Code Generator can be found HERE.

If you would like an extra post added to your release threads to accommodate the QR Codes, I would be more than happy to add one for you. Just shoot me a PM.

An example of a QR Code download link:

Quote:
-= CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) NAND ROM =-

v1.0.7 - Desire HD CWM

Click or Scan QR Code to initiate download.
Using the free Barcode Scanner app from the market, scanning this QR Code will take you to the Hotfile download page for CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) V1.0.7 download right on your phone allowing you to download it from the web without browsing to this thread and clicking the links manually.

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1 target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1</a>
Howdy new members ^^^ Click my banner
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bates_1974
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I think this a great convenient idea, good stuff!

casemandan
Old
Thanks Meter 441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
For CWM ROMS> I recommend using QR Codes to link your downloads. This way users can download the updated version of the ROM directly to their phone, reboot and install it. This eliminates the need to download, remove SD card, and copy ROM to SD card with card reader. An EXCELLENT QR Code Generator can be found HERE.

If you would like an extra post added to your release threads to accommodate the QR Codes, I would be more than happy to add one for you. Just shoot me a PM.

An example of a QR Code download link:

Using the free Barcode Scanner app from the market, scanning this QR Code will take you to the Hotfile download page for CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) V1.0.7 download right on your phone allowing you to download it from the web without browsing to this thread and clicking the links manually.
Cool, been waiting for this feature for some time now
thumbs up

rafpigna
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2228

DONATE TO ME
Will do sir
My builds:
Nand: Rafdroid HD - Rafdroid HD light - Rafdroid Ginger
Sd:
Rafdroid HD
My Kernel: HERE

Want updates?... Click to Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/rafpigna

If you like my ROMs, feel free to DONATE HERE Every donation is appreciated but not mandatory You can still press THANKS button!
[/FONT]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkRiot
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Thanks, nice idea .

saintsmmx
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
This looks like a good idea, but PLEASE keep a download link for those of us browsing with our phones; nothing ticks me off more on my phone than a QR code teasing me big, beautiful, and unscannable, right there on my screen haha

pkellum
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsmmx View Post
This looks like a good idea, but PLEASE keep a download link for those of us browsing with our phones; nothing ticks me off more on my phone than a QR code teasing me big, beautiful, and unscannable, right there on my screen haha
Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.

Click QR Code to start download.
Device: HD2 1,024MB
Android: CMN 6.2.0 v2.0 NAND Android ROM
Keyboard: Swype 2.2.24.10369 blue
HSPL: Version 3
Radio: 2.15.50.14
WM ROM: none
The Following User Says Thank You to pkellum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saintsmmx
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkellum View Post
Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.

Dude, YES! Haha
The Following User Says Thank You to saintsmmx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdizzle404
Old
Thanks Meter 1081

DONATE TO ME
Smile Yes

Thank you sir!
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS

dharvey4651
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 561

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkellum View Post

*image here*
That IS even better.

Hope some devs start using this idea. "Click or scan QR Code to start download"

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1 target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1</a>
Howdy new members ^^^ Click my banner