XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[3.MAY.2011][ROM/KERNEL][GSM] ♫ Overcome ROM v1.6.4 ♫ Overcome Kernel v2.1.6 ♫

Tip us?

alterbridge86
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2385

DONATE TO ME
So after MUCH deliberation a KC2 version has been made available. All the same tweaks from 1.4.x builds apply here...only difference is the base framework is now KC2 based instead of JMK.

It has been released as 1.5.0-BETA. The reason? Myself and my testers all agree that it offers nothing more than 1.4.4. It performs exactly the same. But, since popular demand dictated that people really wanted it, I released it anyway. The reason I stuck the beta tag on there is because I don't want everyone assuming its an upgrade and moving to it. Install it if you want to try it out, but just don't expect a huge difference from 1.4.4.

Also, being an Asian rom, it only has Locale support for Asian languages and English.

To recap - for the time being the MAIN rom is to be considered 1.4.4. The KC2 build is out there for people to experiment with, give feedback, etc...but in all honesty it doesn't offer any major upgrade from the 2.2 firmwares.

EDIT for Bartito: the stock wpa_supplicant is attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip wpa_supplicant.zip - [Click for QR Code] (156.1 KB, 39 views)

www.teamovercome.net: Home of The ♫ Overcome ROM ♫ Overcome Kernel ♫!

If you appreciate my work, consider donating to my coffee fund
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alterbridge86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theerachai
Old
Thanks Meter 29
does KC2 has Thai locale

DarkPal
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterbridge86 View Post
So after MUCH deliberation a KC2 version has been made available. All the same tweaks from 1.4.x builds apply here...only difference is the base framework is now KC2 based instead of JMK.

It has been released as 1.5.0-BETA. The reason? Myself and my testers all agree that it offers nothing more than 1.4.4. It performs exactly the same. But, since popular demand dictated that people really wanted it, I released it anyway. The reason I stuck the beta tag on there is because I don't want everyone assuming its an upgrade and moving to it. Install it if you want to try it out, but just don't expect a huge difference from 1.4.4.

Also, being an Asian rom, it only has Locale support for Asian languages and English.

To recap - for the time being the MAIN rom is to be considered 1.4.4. The KC2 build is out there for people to experiment with, give feedback, etc...but in all honesty it doesn't offer any major upgrade from the 2.2 firmwares.

EDIT for Bartito: the stock wpa_supplicant is attached
I guess you have to ready up for the gingerbread ROM I got some info from my operator they might roll it out here for Galaxy tab next month. Finnish users are getting Gingerbread for their Galaxy S device which is basically the same device.

www.teamovercome.net: Home of The ♫ Overcome ROM ♫ Overcome Kernel♫!

If I helped you in anyway kindly click the Thanks button or keep me hydrated!

SpaceMoose1: You dont really own a device until you void its warranty

adinis78
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:

Did you make the changes in LbsTestMode that are mentioned in the first post? They are a necessity in order to get accurate locks

yes i followed all the steps, the only thing i had to change was the accuracy from 50 to 40 everything else is the same. this is driving me insane, the one thing that does not actually seem to get fixed.
Old: G1, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant; Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

Current: Samsung Galaxy Tab P6800

MrRusch
Old
(Last edited by MrRusch; 11th April 2011 at 08:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 175
I have developed this modification a little bit further. It now also shows WiFi strength as a percentage, with increments of 5%. See previous post for more information.

See new thread.

msgfromside3
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Same here. Actually 1.4.4 seems to show worse result - I don't even see any satellite. Hopefully this is all caused by cloudy Seattle weather, but I don't want to believe in that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinis78 View Post
yes i followed all the steps, the only thing i had to change was the accuracy from 50 to 40 everything else is the same. this is driving me insane, the one thing that does not actually seem to get fixed.

RTFM Before Asking and Whining
Disable Location Reporting to minimize NlpWakeLock and NlpLocationLocator wakelocks.
Nexus 5 [TMO]: Stock + Root + Franco Kernel
Samsung Galaxy S2 [ATT]: CM10.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab [TMO]: CM9

porselinaheart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hi, i'm using roto JMI full v2 rom, and i wanna switch to the overcome rom. flashing the kernel works fine, but it keeps giving me the message that there is not enough room on the internal storage to copy the overcome.zip. Help!

DarkPal
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
After you flash the kernel (The conversion is complete and you boot into JMI ROM successfully right?). If thats the case.

Make sure you have enough space on your SD card for your zip (200 MB).
Reboot into recovery and choose wipe cache, advanced>wipe dalvik cache, factory reset, Then install from SD card.
Choose the zip then apply the rom (the first boot is a long one so don't panic).

alterbridge86
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinis78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgfromside3 View Post
Same here. Actually 1.4.4 seems to show worse result - I don't even see any satellite. Hopefully this is all caused by cloudy Seattle weather, but I don't want to believe in that!
AHHH my bad...i left out a key change in the first post on accident...

Operation Mode should be MSBASED, NOT standalone!

I have fixed the first post

www.teamovercome.net: Home of The ♫ Overcome ROM ♫ Overcome Kernel ♫!

If you appreciate my work, consider donating to my coffee fund

DarkPal
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
AHHH my bad...i left out a key change in the first post on accident...

Operation Mode should be MSBASED, NOT standalone!

I have fixed the first post
*homer simpson* D'OH