Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ginger yoshi 1.5 (android 2.3.5) for 32b and 32a old and new radio ^_^

Tip us?
 
mmaiolo81
Old
(Last edited by mmaiolo81; 3rd February 2011 at 04:43 PM.)
#381  
mmaiolo81's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewaterns View Post
To mmaiolo81:

Do you have to have a swap partition and an ext4 partition on your sdcard and have these running on your phone to see your Mytouch 3G run smoother and faster?
i keep a swap of 96 on the card because I flash tons of ROM's just to play, and some use swap so i keep it there.... ext4 is gonna be needed as soon as a2ext gets fully implemented, and no it doesn't help at this time...
Phone: Nothing 'Smart' at the moment

Yoshi Mod Team MM1...
GINGER YOSHI...
Ginger Yoshi Bugs HERE

Wife's Phone
myTouch 32b
Running Ginger Yoshi RCx

Support my working space by opening a FREE dropbox account here meaning no money...lol (be sure to download the desktop application so we can both get an extra 250mb of space!!)

Don't forget the Thanks button...
The Following User Says Thank You to mmaiolo81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tidewaterns
Old
#382  
tidewaterns's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 523
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaiolo81 View Post
i keep a swap of 96 on the card because I flash tons of ROM's just to play, and some use swap so i keep it there.... ext4 is gonna be needed as soon as a2ext gets fully implemented, and no it doesn't help at this time...
Okay thanks for the information.
Acer Iconia Tab A100
Cyanogenmod 10



T-Mobile G2x - Sold
My Touch 3G 32B - Sold

If this post helped you in anyway, please click the thanks button at the bottom of this post. Thank you!!
 
mmaiolo81
Old
#383  
mmaiolo81's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewaterns View Post
Okay thanks for the information.
no problems... glad you enjoy... working on the a2ext now, one of yoshi's priorities... once that's implemented, well lets just say "SWEETNESS"!!!
Phone: Nothing 'Smart' at the moment

Yoshi Mod Team MM1...
GINGER YOSHI...
Ginger Yoshi Bugs HERE

Wife's Phone
myTouch 32b
Running Ginger Yoshi RCx

Support my working space by opening a FREE dropbox account here meaning no money...lol (be sure to download the desktop application so we can both get an extra 250mb of space!!)

Don't forget the Thanks button...
 
ATeam-MrT
Old
#384  
ATeam-MrT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 256
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kärnten
Thanks a lot for rc2.... It seems to be a bit more stable than rc1 on my 32A. I had a random reboot after terminating a call though.

Has any of the 32A users been told that the in call micro volume is too low? I've been, and here is solution for the problem: The audio params are for the dream and not for the 32A magic... so remove the .txt extension of the attached file, then adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and your mic volume will be increased to a reasonable level (credits go to ezGingerbread!). Yoshi, maybe you can have a look at ezGingerbreads update script and implement a similar auto kernel and audio patch for your ROM?

One more question: I have superwiped before I flashed the ROM and kernel, and I have also explicitly wiped data + dalvik cache from within the recovery, but after the phone booted for the first time I found that many of my apps were installed, the launcher used my previously defined wallpaper and also my bookmarks were available in the browser... how did this work?
Attached Files
File Type: txt AudioPara4.csv.txt - [Click for QR Code] (52.7 KB, 6 views)
SGS2 (i9100)@CM11 Pound Linaro | Phone: XXMS4
 
blahbl4hblah
Old
#385  
blahbl4hblah's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1621
Posts: 5,584
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joskevic View Post
I'm very happy with 32A phones supported with the new RC of this ROM! Now backing up RC1 to update in a while.

I wondered whether it is possible to make something like an Autokernel, such that we don't need to install kernel afterwards? Maybe an idea for next RC?

Thanks for all the good work!

/update1: Tried to install RC2 on my Magic 32A, but install failed due to bootloader assert, removed assert it and now it's booting...

/update2: RC2 seems to work fine. MyTracks is working, but Navigon isn't yet... Same FC on startup.
There's a problem with that request of yours because if you want the auto kernel then you'll also get the green tint in it as well
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!
 
blahbl4hblah
Old
#386  
blahbl4hblah's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1621
Posts: 5,584
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam-MrT View Post
Thanks a lot for rc2.... It seems to be a bit more stable than rc1 on my 32A. I had a random reboot after terminating a call though.

Has any of the 32A users been told that the in call micro volume is too low? I've been, and here is solution for the problem: The audio params are for the dream and not for the 32A magic... so remove the .txt extension of the attached file, then adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and your mic volume will be increased to a reasonable level (credits go to ezGingerbread!). Yoshi, maybe you can have a look at ezGingerbreads update script and implement a similar auto kernel and audio patch for your ROM?

One more question: I have superwiped before I flashed the ROM and kernel, and I have also explicitly wiped data + dalvik cache from within the recovery, but after the phone booted for the first time I found that many of my apps were installed, the launcher used my previously defined wallpaper and also my bookmarks were available in the browser... how did this work?
Well remember this everything goes to your ext so when you wiped only data and dalvik your apps were still there
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!
 
mmaiolo81
Old
#387  
mmaiolo81's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam-MrT View Post
Thanks a lot for rc2.... It seems to be a bit more stable than rc1 on my 32A. I had a random reboot after terminating a call though.

Has any of the 32A users been told that the in call micro volume is too low? I've been, and here is solution for the problem: The audio params are for the dream and not for the 32A magic... so remove the .txt extension of the attached file, then adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv and your mic volume will be increased to a reasonable level (credits go to ezGingerbread!). Yoshi, maybe you can have a look at ezGingerbreads update script and implement a similar auto kernel and audio patch for your ROM?

One more question: I have superwiped before I flashed the ROM and kernel, and I have also explicitly wiped data + dalvik cache from within the recovery, but after the phone booted for the first time I found that many of my apps were installed, the launcher used my previously defined wallpaper and also my bookmarks were available in the browser... how did this work?
great info to have... and Yoshi is working on the auto kernel... and your apps, is probably remnants on your ext, blahbl4hblah recomends, and I use frequently, a adb system wipe, super wipe, and like 4 factory resets in recovery before flashing...
Phone: Nothing 'Smart' at the moment

Yoshi Mod Team MM1...
GINGER YOSHI...
Ginger Yoshi Bugs HERE

Wife's Phone
myTouch 32b
Running Ginger Yoshi RCx

Support my working space by opening a FREE dropbox account here meaning no money...lol (be sure to download the desktop application so we can both get an extra 250mb of space!!)

Don't forget the Thanks button...
 
mmaiolo81
Old
#388  
mmaiolo81's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahbl4hblah View Post
Well remember this everything goes to your ext so when you wiped only data and dalvik your apps were still there
beat me to it..lol
Phone: Nothing 'Smart' at the moment

Yoshi Mod Team MM1...
GINGER YOSHI...
Ginger Yoshi Bugs HERE

Wife's Phone
myTouch 32b
Running Ginger Yoshi RCx

Support my working space by opening a FREE dropbox account here meaning no money...lol (be sure to download the desktop application so we can both get an extra 250mb of space!!)

Don't forget the Thanks button...
 
blahbl4hblah
Old
#389  
blahbl4hblah's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1621
Posts: 5,584
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaiolo81 View Post
beat me to it..lol
Of course lol I'm too fast jk

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!
 
mmaiolo81
Old
#390  
mmaiolo81's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahbl4hblah View Post
Of course lol I'm too fast jk

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
its that N1 lol
Phone: Nothing 'Smart' at the moment

Yoshi Mod Team MM1...
GINGER YOSHI...
Ginger Yoshi Bugs HERE

Wife's Phone
myTouch 32b
Running Ginger Yoshi RCx

Support my working space by opening a FREE dropbox account here meaning no money...lol (be sure to download the desktop application so we can both get an extra 250mb of space!!)

Don't forget the Thanks button...

Tags
android 2.3, dream, ginger, magic, yoshi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes