Search This thread

themate1987

Jun 8, 2010
Rijeka
that's because JPY uses different wi-fi drivers than JPU/JPX so you can try flashing different firmware
I have seen some WiFi issues with JPY but no ones seems quite the same as mine.

The phone stays connected to the network but data stops transferring so the icon remains there but trying to access the internet doesn't work until i cycle flight mode or wifi on/off. I have tried reseting using factory reset and by using recovery but the issue is still persisting. Anyone else experiencing this or got any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

zdarma

Nov 8, 2010
[Q] Froyo and Wifi

Since I've upgraded to Froyo, a little over a month ago, I am having more and more problems connecting to any Wifi network. It doesn't matter whether I am trying to connect at home, work, cybercafe or anywhere else. I can see under Wifi Settings "Turning On" but after about 5 minutes, where it should say "Connected to NETWORK_NAME", it says Error. When it says "Error", no networks show up under the section Wifi Networks and I can not scan for networks. I usually have to try 4 or 5 times to get it to finally connect to a wifi network, other times it will work for a couple of days in a row without a problem. It seems to be some kind of random occurring problem.

I know it is not a configuration issue with my wifi networks, because if it was, I would never be able to connect to any network. I have searched the net high and low for this problem, but have not been able to find anything relevant to my problem, other than on this site, but for phone models other than the one I have and each seems to offer a different solution to the problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar problem and can maybe offer some kind of solution.

I am running a rooted Samsung Galaxy S. It was rooted already before I upgraded to Froyo and I never had a problem.

Model number: GT-I9000
Firmware version: 2.2
Build Number: FROYO.POJPS
Baseband version: I9000XXJPP
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

zdarma

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for the info links but I had already tried some of those suggestions in your list, while others were not relevant to me. However in the thread I did notice a lot of people mentioning they had a problem of the wifi connecting and dis-connecting randomly or would not re-connect to the wifi network after coming out of sleep. Neither of these are my problems.

As well many people mentioned router problems. My home and work network are both configured for 802.11-g connections. At cybercafes I don't know, but I'm guessing they are probably all using 802.11-b/g. As my Wifi does not seem to be turning on correctly, I pretty much eliminated that as being a source of my problem or any router issue in general as the problem seems to occur randomly. As I mentioned in my previous post, sometimes I can turn my wifi on without issue for days on end, other times, I have to spend 20 minutes or so fighting with it to turn on. That's "turn on my wifi" and not "connect to a wifi network". Once the wifi is turned on, connecting to a network has never been a problem.

Your problem seems to have been your phone was unable to connect wirelessly to a router, while mine is quite the opposite. My wifi simply does not turn on at all and after about 5 minutes of saying "Turning on wifi..." displays "Error" where it should say what network it is connected to.

If I am able to to turn on my wifi, I never have a problem connecting to a network. My phone can go to sleep wake up and re-connect without a problem, any number of times. Once my wifi is on and connected to a network I never lose connection. Even when I am at work, I can be connected to one wifi network, go to another part of the building and I would re-connect automatically to another wifi network. I can bounce between wireless networks all day without ever having a problem.

Others mentioned GPS and Location tracking as a potential source of problems. My GPS is never activated or anything that has to do with location finding and tracking. Even when it is activated, on the rare occasion I do use the GPS, I don't recall if I had any problems connecting to a wifi network.

I know that once my wifi does not turn on, on the first try (home, office, cybercafe, etc.), it takes multiple attempts for it to do so. I am beginning to think there is some kind of bug in the wifi driver and will just have to suffer with it until Samsung wakes up and fixes the problem.

ps
You gave me a good chuckle as to why you had to edit your post. :)

razer_rulzs

Aug 10, 2010
wifi timeout

does any one know how to change the WIFI timeout value on galaxy s.....
similar 2 wat OCLF can du ........ bt the requird u 2 change system file type 2 ext2.... n im on darkys rom v8.0... which has ext 4 from wat i know....
so can anyone help?

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Can you specify the problem:

Which network? Which speed? Which encryption? Enabled wifi ;) ?

Regards,
ww

Godfather4

Jan 17, 2011
Wifi problem

can someone help me?
i've just flashed jpu and now i cant connect to an wifi network...keeps saing "disconnected"..."scanning"..."disconnected".."scanning".......

0utkast

Oct 18, 2010
Adelaide
Already a thread about it somewhere.

Used to have the same problem twice.
Both times it fixed by itself after about half a day , i just left wifi open and let to keep scanning and connecting and disconnecting etc. and fixed by itself.

I noticed it happens when wifi is off and modem is disconected.

Peter Unger

Dec 24, 2010
Did anybody had the following problem and some solution?
After disconnecting a WPA2 secured network, the phone is very slow and you have to switch it off and start it again to use it.

Tried on different ROMs and versions - problem does still exist.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

krha23

Nov 27, 2010
Trowbridge/Pasłęk
I can't connect to my wifi point.I've tried to restart my router, update firmware, reset my router. Doesn't work but it's fine if I disable mac filtering and my security code. However once I enable either one it won't connect.

It says "Scanning..." Then goes quickly to "Disconnected" it then repeats this cycle.

I've also tried the IP settings but no luck

Any work around or fix? Is this a bug in 2.2.1?

Same here with my SGS. Was working perfectly for couple of months and then suddenly connects, scans, disconnects continuously. Tried to change to different phone modems, couple different custom Roms and reverted to stock xxjpy from xwjs5. I've tried to reset my router change it with new, played with settings. I have ran out of ideas. Today I have installed Android 2.3.2 without a luck. I'm running out of ideas...? Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try to open AllShare App. and let it to lead you to the wifi screen and it will connect for you. Then close AllShare App. Your wifi should be connected and performing.

Dont ask me why this works. I dont know either.