Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[27 OCT 2012][MAGLDR/cLK]TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2.0.1 v3.8.9[2.3.7][A2SD+][tytung r14]

OP tyween

9th March 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #21261  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

9,107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihkin

If i am not wrong system size is where d rom get installed rite? coz im using 200mb system size for d rom im currently using as mentioned in my signature

Correct, system partition gets used ONLY for installing the system. Nothing else goes there, so yes you can install a 150meg rom into a 200meg partition, but the extra 50meg will not be used and will be wasted space.
9th March 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #21262  
Thanks Meter: 3

96 posts
I have the MAGLDR 3.7.0 (stable) installed. I installed about 4 months or so ago.

I haven't used it much at all, only for calling and sms-typing so to say. Well, it works pretty well for that. Unfortunately, I experience alot of problems.

1. I accidently put away the menu (3 buttons) away, and had to turn off and on, so I just rebooted and it got stuck. In the boot-menu, I got "Fatal fail" in red. This was when I had been surfing through the internet for only 30 minutes or so. The phone get's very hot (beneath the battery) and starts freezing and yeah.

Also, I downloaded a game, after 20 minutes it got heated a little bit and froze. Took out battery, power on and it says GO GO GO, but it is stuck. You'll have to wait probably 10-15 min so the phone cools down, for then give it a try and you can get it on. Little freaky, to be honest - at least first time when it happend!

Also when I went into internet, it froze.

What can be the problem? I mean, it works just fine for calls and sms-typing, but for internet and apps and so on, I experience so much trouble it's annoying.

Can someone please help me? Has anyone else experienced these problems? Thanks ALOT for all inputs and suggestions you can give me!

---

Also, now after I surfed a little (10 min) plus started Angry Birds after 5 min, it freezed.
Now after pulling in and out battery several times, I can't get it on. I waited 5 min, got it on, but got stuck at the main menu after inserting SIM-code.

What should I do? Really frustrating and annoying!! PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!
9th March 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #21263  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello!
I have a question:
is it possible without a third-party program to set up rejecting an incoming call you can send sms (preferably preloaded with templates)?
Thank you all for your reply ...

(HTC HD2)
10th March 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #21264  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

247 posts
More
I have this strange problem with 3.7.0 when i try to set single screen wallpaper it get splitted into multiscreen automatically so the only was to have wallpaper is by having multi screen wallpaper. On the other when i was using nexushd2 ICS when i set single screen wallpaper it was showing properly now when i am back on this rom its showing it splitted is der any setting that i have to change
10th March 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #21265  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 32

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihkin

I have this strange problem with 3.7.0 when i try to set single screen wallpaper it get splitted into multiscreen automatically so the only was to have wallpaper is by having multi screen wallpaper. On the other when i was using nexushd2 ICS when i set single screen wallpaper it was showing properly now when i am back on this rom its showing it splitted is der any setting that i have to change

Are you wiping everything before switching roms?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
10th March 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #21266  
Thanks Meter: 116

425 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicuu

I have the MAGLDR 3.7.0 (stable) installed. I installed about 4 months or so ago.

I haven't used it much at all, only for calling and sms-typing so to say. Well, it works pretty well for that. Unfortunately, I experience alot of problems.

1. I accidently put away the menu (3 buttons) away, and had to turn off and on, so I just rebooted and it got stuck. In the boot-menu, I got "Fatal fail" in red. This was when I had been surfing through the internet for only 30 minutes or so. The phone get's very hot (beneath the battery) and starts freezing and yeah.

Also, I downloaded a game, after 20 minutes it got heated a little bit and froze. Took out battery, power on and it says GO GO GO, but it is stuck. You'll have to wait probably 10-15 min so the phone cools down, for then give it a try and you can get it on. Little freaky, to be honest - at least first time when it happend!

Also when I went into internet, it froze.

What can be the problem? I mean, it works just fine for calls and sms-typing, but for internet and apps and so on, I experience so much trouble it's annoying.

Can someone please help me? Has anyone else experienced these problems? Thanks ALOT for all inputs and suggestions you can give me!

---

Also, now after I surfed a little (10 min) plus started Angry Birds after 5 min, it freezed.
Now after pulling in and out battery several times, I can't get it on. I waited 5 min, got it on, but got stuck at the main menu after inserting SIM-code.

What should I do? Really frustrating and annoying!! PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!

I had the same problem. Your mainboard is overheating. In the beggining 5-10 minutes of rest was enough for my Leo to cool down, but it end up with the new mainboard, coz it got stuck on GO,GO,GO screen. I couldn't even go back to WinMo.

10th March 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #21267  

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartdeli

I had the same problem. Your mainboard is overheating. In the beggining 5-10 minutes of rest was enough for my Leo to cool down, but it end up with the new mainboard, coz it got stuck on GO,GO,GO screen. I couldn't even go back to WinMo.

Wow, that bad? Did you wait for sure enough to cool down, for then turn on? Because it gets stuck on GO, GO, GO if overheated, but it works for me when cooled down.

Wow, that sucks mate...!

How did you change the mainboard? Sent it to HTC? How much did it cost?

And did you experience problems after changing it? And when returned, did it still boot into android or did it come back with WIN MOB? THANKS!!!
10th March 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #21268  
Thanks Meter: 116

425 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicuu

Wow, that bad? Did you wait for sure enough to cool down, for then turn on? Because it gets stuck on GO, GO, GO if overheated, but it works for me when cooled down.

Wow, that sucks mate...!

How did you change the mainboard? Sent it to HTC? How much did it cost?

And did you experience problems after changing it? And when returned, did it still boot into android or did it come back with WIN MOB? THANKS!!!

First it was freezing occasionally, but it was getting more and more often. I tried to change android roms, coz I thought it was related to rom, but I had the same problem on the several roms (android and winmo).
For me it also worked to cool down, in the beginning... After I managed to go back to WM (with a few problems because of freezes) I send it to the authorized HTC service (I had warranty ) and they changed the mainboard.
I have read the thread somewhere on xda that android may cause such problems (overheating) to our HD2, and thus damage the mainboard coz it was designed to WM, not android .
I know the risk, but I am on android again So far, so good... Couldn't stand WinMo.
10th March 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #21269  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrmax403

Are you wiping everything before switching roms?

I flash leoimg.nbh which removes every single thing even d HSPL and den install the winno 6.5 install hspl again gives a task29 install mgldr, recovery, rom, wipe cache, dalvik cache, fix permission after installing d rom and then boot. Is there anything i miss out
10th March 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #21270  

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartdeli

First it was freezing occasionally, but it was getting more and more often. I tried to change android roms, coz I thought it was related to rom, but I had the same problem on the several roms (android and winmo).
For me it also worked to cool down, in the beginning... After I managed to go back to WM (with a few problems because of freezes) I send it to the authorized HTC service (I had warranty ) and they changed the mainboard.
I have read the thread somewhere on xda that android may cause such problems (overheating) to our HD2, and thus damage the mainboard coz it was designed to WM, not android .
I know the risk, but I am on android again So far, so good... Couldn't stand WinMo.

Oh, I see. I also have warranty (5 years, 4 left).

The winOS is so ugly and boring, sometimes I feel throwing up. But still, it has no flaves. The android version is beautfiul, but gives me alot of headache and problems.

So when you sent it back, did you put original RADIO and HSPL as well?

And was it hard switching to WINMOB again? Thanks mate.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.7, android, cm7, cm7 hd2, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, typhoon, tyween
Previous Thread Next Thread