Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Moboplayer: the best video player for Android apk

Tip us?

kishin14
Old
(Last edited by kishin14; 29th January 2011 at 08:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [APP] Moboplayer: the best video player for Android apk

I've paid for and used both rockplayer and vplayer. But rockplayer sucked on the droid x after version 1.2 and vplayer hiccups a little too often. Lately I've been using vitalpayer and soulplayer. Both are available for free from the market and actually seem better than both the paid rockplayer and vplayer.

Then I came across this new video player yesterday and I have to say, it's the best player I've tried. The UI is very slick and user-friendly, especially the file manager aspect. It also plays every file I've thrown at it (but haven't tried mkv's yet) and has both hardware and software decode mode. (Just remember to long press on video file to select software decode mode).

It's still in beta testing and says its limited to a certain number of testers but I was able to sign up directly from the app without issue. You have to provide an email address for testing purposes (I'm assuming) so if you're not comfortable with providing its, this app is not for you. But for me, it was a no brainer.

Awesome app.

MoboPlayer_v7_neon.apk

Should work on all high-end ARM V7 CPU Android devices

Would give credit but don't know who to give credit too. Will update when I do. Enjoy!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to kishin14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 149
So, good chance this will become a paid app eventually?

kishin14
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
So, good chance this will become a paid app eventually?
Probably. But like I said, I've paid for several other players so, if it's as good as it been, I'll probably pay for this one as well.

CiDhed
Old
Thanks Meter 114
THanks!

10char
HTC One M8 ROM: InsertCoin
HTC One M7 ROM: Sinless GPE
N7 32gb FLO ROM: CM11
FireTV ROM: Stock/Rooted
AppleTV2 Jailbroke-XBMC
Unused/Sold:
G1,MT3G,N1,NS,Evo3d,N7(12),Flyer,GalaxyTab+,N4,N5

AlsonBC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up really useful post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishin14 View Post
I've paid for and used both rockplayer and vplayer. But rockplayer sucked on the droid x after version 1.2 and vplayer hiccups a little too often. Lately I've been using vitalpayer and soulplayer. Both are available for free from the market and actually seem better than both the paid rockplayer and vplayer.

Then I came across this new video player yesterday and I have to say, it's the best player I've tried. The UI is very slick and user-friendly, especially the file manager aspect. It also plays every file I've thrown at it (but haven't tried mkv's yet) and has both hardware and software decode mode. (Just remember to long press on video file to select software decode mode).

It's still in beta testing and says its limited to a certain number of testers but I was able to sign up directly from the app without issue. You have to provide an email address for testing purposes (I'm assuming) so if you're not comfortable with providing its, this app is not for you. But for me, it was a no brainer.

Awesome app.

Attachment 503438

Should work on all high-end ARM V7 CPU Android devices

Would give credit but don't know who to give credit too. Will update when I do. Enjoy!
i really liked this app.. high power rendering.. can render a mkv file of 180 mb and not too bad fps too for the same.. but the audio video sync is little buggy.. i think it needs to be fixed... else its a wonderful and the best app available as a multi format video player!!

jknarf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Very nice player, best I'd ever tested. But I don't like the License violation of ffmpeg. :/

ukanth
Old
(Last edited by ukanth; 6th February 2011 at 02:33 PM.) Reason: * More information
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,443

DONATE TO ME
For you Reference, It supports low end devices as well,

http://www.moboplayer.com/moboplayer_en.html#download

It requires registration(closed beta). I tried it. It does not play wmv files and even HD flv file ( where vitalplayer plays it nicely )
But UI is appealing !

AFWall+ Android Firewall
Save Energy & Save Earth - MonitorES
Contact me - Google+ Twitter
Github: Profile
Kindly donate to http://www.giveindia.org/

Sian
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Wao..! This is much nicer than vPlayer.. in terms of UI. Like the vol and brightness control on the right and left side.. making tweaking them a breeze!
"We cannot always trace Godís hand, but we can always trust Godís heart." Ė Charles Spurgeon

Alcatel -> Motorola -> Nokia -> Sony Ericsson -> Trinity/HTC P3600i (WM6) -> Touch Cruise -> Touch HD -> HTC HD2 -> HTC Sensation -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> Samsung Galaxy Note II (LTE)

ABC_Universal
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I was reluctant to try moboplayer because it requires registration. But rockplayer was made much worse since version 1.2, after part of the original team left for moboplayer. vplayer is now free for Chinese users but it has a lot of decoding problems and random crashes. UM Player (悠米解霸) is barely usable at all.

In my case, moboplayer has by far the best video decoding (smoothness and artifects) for universal players I ever used/tried, and the best file management (though still minimal):
moboplayer >> rockplayer (below 1.2) > rockplayer (1.2 and above) > vplayer >> umplayer

My only problem with moboplayer now is the forced update. I understand the reasons behind but it just don't feel good being forced. I'd rather pay a few bucks for peace.

weaselaow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
for me mVideoplayer is still best

AlsonBC : its stupid and wrong to say : render mkv