Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ADDON] CM7 Dewonkificator [v1.4 03/17/11]

Tip us?

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterBaron View Post
If its preventing your phone from wonking, then yes, its normal

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Hilarious, how do I know it's preventing my phone from wonking? How do I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing?

Crazy thing is... I don't, so I asked. All you had to do was say that this is how it works, for all I know (usually errors mean something isn't working) it is not working properly on my phone thus the errors, and I may as well get rid of it.

Seeing as you wrote it, you should be able to give a simple answer to a simple question, instead of the usual dismissive XDA reply we have gotten so used to ditching out lately. It's not like I asked you to explain your theory of existence to me, just if the log shows that your program is running properly or if something is wrong on my end.

People need to chill the hell out around this place, we are all supposed to be here to help one another out.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid View Post
Hilarious, how do I know it's preventing my phone from wonking? How do I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing?

Crazy thing is... I don't, so I asked. All you had to do was say that this is how it works, for all I know (usually errors mean something isn't working) it is not working properly on my phone thus the errors, and I may as well get rid of it.

Seeing as you wrote it, you should be able to give a simple answer to a simple question, instead of the usual dismissive XDA reply we have gotten so used to ditching out lately. It's not like I asked you to explain your theory of existence to me, just if the log shows that your program is running properly or if something is wrong on my end.

People need to chill the hell out around this place, we are all supposed to be here to help one another out.
Do you still get call wonkiness?
If the answer is no than it's working, don't get too technical with the log and stuffs.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Do you still get call wonkiness?
If the answer is no than it's working, don't get too technical with the log and stuffs.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
That is a really bad way to look at things.

Under your reasoning, I could tell you that I created a wonderful new product that prevents cancer. It works because I use it and I don't have cancer. If you want one I will sell you one (heck I'll give you one) but, if it ever displays an error message, just ignore it unless you end up with cancer... Then you will know it wasn't working.
The Following User Says Thank You to daveid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fitsnugly
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ditching
*dishing

KIDDING

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitsnugly View Post
*dishing

KIDDING
Good catch, took me a minute to figure out what you were on about, think I'll leave it the way it is...

TheMasterBaron
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I suggest you don't install this app unless you are having wonk issues (i.e screen locks for 20 seconds when getting or making calls). If you are and installing this app stops it from occurring, then it works.

The thing is that I don't know how it works. The wonk is a mystery bug and this a random attempt to fix it. I spend little time understanding why it fixed it, it just did.
T-Mobile: Galaxy S 4
Old Devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, G2x, Nexus One, G1

Check out my XDA projects:I'm a code junkie, please support my habit by donating

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
I suggest you don't install this app unless you are having wonk issues (i.e screen locks for 20 seconds when getting or making calls). If you are and installing this app stops it from occurring, then it works.

The thing is that I don't know how it works. The wonk is a mystery bug and this a random attempt to fix it. I spend little time understanding why it fixed it, it just did.
Yeah, see the thing is... I do occasionally wonk, sure enough. Though I could never get it to wonk on command, if ya get my drift... so testing a fix, when I couldn't make it break, wasn't logical. Now, it started getting worse and on important calls. So, I thought I would try your app. It does seem to work, I guess, though I didn't wonk all the time without it, at least I haven't wonked since installing it. But, I don't get/make too many phone calls, so I can't say for sure it is doing a thing.

Which is why, when I saw the error messages in my log file, I thought I would ask if that was to be expected. Normally an error from an application means it is not doing something it wants to properly. So, I figured I would ask you (it is your program, right?). Does your logcat show errors similar to mine, does anyone's? If not, wouldn't that indicate that something wasn't right on my setup? Which explains my asking, since no one has posted anything about this in the thread - and I did read each post first to make sure - I thought I may be the only one getting these errors.

Thanks.

TheMasterBaron
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
It appeas to be normal since I'm getting the error also. I've updated the app to not log the error since it seems to be normal and I really shouldn't be filling up the log with extra stuff. Thanks you pointing it out.
T-Mobile: Galaxy S 4
Old Devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, G2x, Nexus One, G1

Check out my XDA projects:I'm a code junkie, please support my habit by donating

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
It appeas to be normal since I'm getting the error also. I've updated the app to not log the error since it seems to be normal and I really shouldn't be filling up the log with extra stuff. Thanks you pointing it out.
And thank you for bearing with me and for de-cluttering my log!

tolemac
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Currently I can't see any measurable battery drain. Dewonkificator doesn't even show on the About phone->Battery use screen. Increasing the time between dewonkification might be work, but since battery doesn't seem to be a issue and we don't know what the source of the problem is I don't think its worth risking or investigating.
I don't know what it's the real problem, what is the cause of this problem?
The first thing that I thought when I saw the code were to handle the incomming call intent, but I don't understand why you are using this interval (1 minute)

Every way, I get this error each minute in my nexus one. Extracted with ddms:

Code:
Select Code
02-05 06:28:00.990: ERROR/MediaRecorder(7960): stop failed: -1007
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960): recorder.stop()
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960): java.lang.RuntimeException: stop failed.
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.media.MediaRecorder.stop(Native Method)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.mb.dewonkificator.DewonkificatorBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(DewonkificatorBroadcastReceiver.java:45)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:709)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3809)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
thanks,