HOW TO: Root Optimus V (Virgin Mobile)
WARNING! I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU EFF UP YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE RISK BY CONTINUING!
ADB installed and working
Download The Following
http://www.multiupload.com/7KCGPF6RBF Virgin Drivers
http://www.multiupload.com/SL4MFB928T Stock Rom Rooted and De Odexed minus Bloat
1. Extract the Drivers Zip to a folder on the desktop
Click on the installation file and install the Optimus drivers
2. On your phone (must be activated), Go to settings, then to Applications, then Development and enable USB debugging.
3. Unzip Super One Click to the same folder and run it. Click shell root.
4. Unzip the flash_image.zip
to the root of your phone's SD Card. Also Place Stock Rooted and Optimized.zip
at the root (KEEP IN ZIP).
5. a. Open CMD.exe and navigate to the folder adb.exe exists in.
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
Your phone will now reboot into the custom recovery
6. Go to "Backup" (navigate with volume rocker and click with Home) , and click "backup nand" .
7. When It is finished, click back until you are at the main menu again. Click Flash zip from sdcard and flash Stock Rooted and Optimized.zip
8. IMPORTANT, return to main menu, navigate to Wipe. Click Wipe data/factory reset.
ONLY WIPE/FACTORY RESET IN RECOVERY. DO NOT USE THE PHONE WIPE
Note: Re-flash required as I could not maintain root after reboot.
Button Combo for recovery is Home+Down Vol.+Power. Hold these until recovery loads.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below! I will try and read them all.