Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 42,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Turning off A7 noise

Tip us?

alicez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Turning off A7 noise

When I turn off the A7 I feel/hear a low sound/feeling like a hard drive starting/stopping. Is that supposed to happen or is there something wrong with my A7?

I really don't know how to describe the sound. It is more like something 'moving' inside the A7.

Thank you.

Alice

BTW: How do I register my unit?

durango99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I'm guessing what you are feeling and hearing is the haptic feedback vibrate mode...it's normal

alicez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by durango99 View Post
I'm guessing what you are feeling and hearing is the haptic feedback vibrate mode...it's normal
I turned off the Haptic and I still 'feel' slight vibration when I turn ON/OFF the Elocity A7. (Feels like something 'moving' inside the A7.)

rapcon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I don't think you can turn off the haptic feedback that occurs during bootup. It's more or less a system check. I have tried already, but can live with that one instance.

alicez
Old
(Last edited by alicez; 31st January 2011 at 05:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapcon View Post
I don't think you can turn off the haptic feedback that occurs during bootup. It's more or less a system check. I have tried already, but can live with that one instance.
So, the "vibration" I feel when I turn ON/OFF the A7 is 'normal," and nothing to worry about?

As I said, it feels like something 'moving' inside the A7.

I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my A7 because my 30 day return policy is running out, in case I have to return it.

P.S. In the Settings, there is a (green) check mark next to the Haptic. I unchecked that and still feel the 'vibration' (moving inside the A7), when turning ON/OFF the A7.

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicez View Post
So, the "vibration" I feel when I turn ON/OFF the A7 is 'normal," and nothing to worry about?.
Yes, perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Quote:
As I said, it feels like something 'moving' inside the A7.
That's because there is something moving, that how the vibration is done, it vibrates. Perfectly normal.

Quote:
P.S. In the Settings, there is a (green) check mark next to the Haptic. I unchecked that and still feel the 'vibration' (moving inside the A7), when turning ON/OFF the A7.
As mentioned above. The vibrations on shot down can't be turned off. Heptic feed back can only be turned off for screen presses and the keyboard.

alicez
Old
(Last edited by alicez; 31st January 2011 at 09:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojasTKD View Post
Yes, perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

That's because there is something moving, that how the vibration is done, it vibrates. Perfectly normal.
Thanks so much for your time and patience. You say "That's because there IS something moving."
What is moving?

Funny thing is that it baffles my grandson because he has used the Edge and Pandigial tablets and he said when he turned them on or off, there was never that feeling of vibration when they were shutting down. He just wondered why this A7 would vibrate (feeling of something 'moving' inside the case) after he has turned it ON or OFF. Shuffle - would that be a better word?
Just can't describe the exact feeling we get when we turn it on and off. Guess best word would be = short 'vibration.'

He says he thinks something is loose inside the A7 and we might have to send it back as being defective. I told him that everyone here says it is NORMAL, for it to vibrate when after turning ON/OFF. A little more vibration when it has been turned OFF.

I don't think this has anything to do with "Haptic" which is in the Settings (turn On/Off)? Do you?
Does yours do the same - the vibration when turned ON and OFF?

esemelis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's just a little motor wizzing inside the unit. It runs when the device is turned on because the system is probably just doing some basic function checks and it's also to let you know the device is on/off. Mine does the same...they all do. All tablets are different so this may not have been the case when using other models

alicez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by esemelis View Post
It's just a little motor wizzing inside the unit. It runs when the device is turned on because the system is probably just doing some basic function checks and it's also to let you know the device is on/off. Mine does the same...they all do. All tablets are different so this may not have been the case when using other models
Thank you.

Same sound when A7 is turned off. Correct?

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Thank you.

Same sound when A7 is turned off. Correct?
That is correct.