[App] RSS Central
Name: RSS Central
RSS Central is a powerful and easy to use application that can download and display RSS, Atom and RDF news feeds from web sites all over the internet. Its quick multi-download system will bring all the news feeds you want to your fingertips in no time, and will hold on to them so that they can be read even if you lose your internet connection.
RSS Central features an attractive and informative user interface, categorised news feeds, a feed search to discover new news sources, article summary and full web page displays, article search tools, read/unread article tracking, support for international characters, a useful "send to email" feature, portrait and landscape support, plus a whole lot more.
RSS Central's trial mode is fully featured, and just displays occasional "nag" screens while using the application. Please give it a try and see what you think.
Before getting my Windows Phone 7 device, I had an HTC Touch Pro2. One of the applications that came pre-loaded on it was Ilium software's RSS Hub. This rapidly became one of my most-used applications. When I moved to WP7 I tried a number of the RSS apps that were available, but none of them worked in the way I wanted or offered the features that I was looking for.
In true programmer style, instead of compromising with one of the available alternatives, I set about writing my own application. RSS Central is the result. It is functionally inspired by RSS Hub and uses a similar approach to displaying and organising its content. I also used the opportunity to clean up a few of the little annoyances that I found with RSS Hub. I hope you like the end result!.
I intend to continue developing and enhancing RSS Central, so if you have any comments, suggestions, complaints or bug reports, please let me know and I'll see if I can address them in a future version. As you will see from the version history below, I added lots of new things in version 1.1, and most of these were suggestions from people using the app. I have more enhancements lined up, if there's something you think should be added or changed then please let me know and I'll add it to my list.
RSS Central is available now from the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Reviews from the Marketplace
- Attractive and functional Windows Phone 7-style user interface.
- Streamlined navigation to make using the app as quick and easy as possible.
- Fast application startup to get you straight into your feeds without having to wait.
- Create categories to group your news feeds together for easier browsing.
- Feed search function to help you discover new feeds and news sources.
- Quick display of article summaries, or show the full article content with just one touch.
- Search for keywords within feeds to help you find articles of interest.
- "Minimum refresh time" prevents unnecessary re-downloading of unchanged feeds.
- Automatic tracking of read and unread articles. Choose to hide read articles and read subsciptions if you wish.
- Full support for international character sets.
- Quickly and easily send the details of interesting articles as an email message.
- Full support for portrait and landscape orientation.
- "Best RSS reader on the market, and I have tried most!" -- irdawood
- "Best RSS reader I've seen so far. Worth the price." -- leongustavo
- "Love it. I have tried many news and RSS apps and this is the best one." -- Tusker
- "This app does exactly what's needed, making it easy to add feeds through searching, categorize feeds and HIDE items that have been read. I've tried about 10 other options in the Marketplace, but this is the one you want if you have a large number of feeds or have varied interests that don't correspond to some of the hard-coded readers." -- Mlizardi
>> My new book, "Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Game Development" is available now, published by Apress.
>> Find out more at http://www.adamdawes.com/books/w8wp8gamedev.html