[Q] Flashing of Chinese MTK6516 phones

Search This thread

javlada

Nov 21, 2009
Hi,

I have Chinese clone with MTK6516 chipset (Smasung i9000 mini). I need to flash a new ROM to this phone to fix some problems. I have all the SW I need, but I'm having problems to connect the phone to my PC.

The only information on flashing the phone I found was on some Chinese forums. If I understood it correctly I need a cable with USB on one end and 3,5mm jack on the other side. I could do such cable by myself, but I need to know the pinout. Do you have any information regarding this?

javlada

Nov 21, 2009
I asked the supplier and they told me that I need to have a special cable. So I ordered it and it should be on it's way. I expect to receive it next week.

Last edited:

javlada

Nov 21, 2009
It's a special cable with USB and miniUSB connectors. But there is some electronics attached to the USB connector, it's not just a cable.

If you connect it to a computer, it creates a virtual COM port.

lingfude

Jun 22, 2011
Aveiro
dmec-reviews.blogspot.pt
Hi,

I have Chinese clone with MTK6516 chipset (Smasung i9000 mini). I need to flash a new ROM to this phone to fix some problems. I have all the SW I need, but I'm having problems to connect the phone to my PC.

The only information on flashing the phone I found was on some Chinese forums. If I understood it correctly I need a cable with USB on one end and 3,5mm jack on the other side. I could do such cable by myself, but I need to know the pinout. Do you have any information regarding this?

Take a look here:

http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/mtk-hd2-hd9-flashing-tutorial.html

http://www.eten-users.eu/index.php?showtopic=21207&st=0&

idawar

Dec 21, 2011
help

hi all

this is my first post on X D A , and do not know where to post for help .

ok , i have a android device from CHINA named STAR A8000 , and i want his clockmode recovery , and roms what to , rom manager did not list my device for clockmode recovery ,

Star A8000 Specifications:

General:
Network GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Operation System: Google Android 2.2
Dual sim cards dual standby

Display:
Screen: 3.5 inch touch screen,WQVGA PX:240*480
Size: 116×59×13 mm
Weight: 118g(1 phone+1 battery)

Features:
·Dual cameras,2.0 Mega pixel camera for Picture & Video capability
·MP3 & MP4 player
·GPRS & WAP connectivity, MMS Transceive
·U disk support function to keep the information storage
·Bluetooth A2DP
·Voice record
·FM radio
·calendar,To do list,Alarm,World Clock,Stopwatch
·caller picture,caller Ring Tone,caller video
·Telephone directories: 100000 group of contacts,support incoming call with big head sticker,group ring an Messages &Multimedia messaging:SMS, support MMS
·Schedule power on/off: support to start/close under set time
·Alarm clock: 5 groups, support alarm clock when machine’s closed, can set from Monday to Sunday
·Game: 1 common game,Android APK games
·More information: MP3/MP4/handfree/SMS group sending/Voice recorder/ Handwritting/Bluetooth/GPRS download/MMS/Calendar/to do list/Alarm clock/ World clock/Currency converter/Unit converte/MSN/Stopwatch....
·Memory: 512MB ROM 256MB RAM,support to extend TF card to 16GB maximally
·Lithium Batteries: 1500 mAh

Star A8000 Color and Language:
Color: Black
Language: English/French/Spanish/German/Italian/ Russian/Turkish/ Portuguese/Bahasa indonesia/ Bahasa Melayu/V ietnamese/Thai/Chinese

stealthninjax2

Apr 24, 2012
A8000 Led Light Working?

Whoever has one of these phones, have you been able to use the led camera light as a flash light? None of the apps on the market work. I know for like the A5000 or related phones, you have to change the camera lib files, but would they work for A8000? I just dont want to brick my phone.

Right now all I have is rooted, nothing else has been done, no backup or nothing because I don't know what program to back up stock rom. If anyone reads this, thanks for the help!