Best Skins Ever for the Nook Color!!

Search This thread

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
WOOHOO!!!!

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

ncbse.png

Now I won't have to resort to an a##-r### $40 skin from Zagg!

I've been using BestSkinsEver skins for over a year. With full body phone skins (of superb quality) for $8, they are unbeatable!

Check out my Nexus One skin pictures: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5502896&postcount=94

Woohoo!!!

Last edited:

gmanvbva

Nov 20, 2009
BSE is still good for body protection... but for screen protection they have a more significant orange peel effect than the other skins (Bodyguardz, Phantomskinz, Invisibleshield). It's much more noticeable on the screen. I haven't tried BSE in a year or so and that was on the Palm Pre. I'm not sure anything has changed.

Edit: I'm guessing they will likely be $18.99 like the skins for the Ipad, Kindle, etc.

Last edited:

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I had Best Skins Ever on my 3GS. They were just ok, the fit was pretty good but it gave the phone a slight orange peel. I ended up taking the screen cover off and just leaving the back on. Also for some reason it got a spot on it kind of like a reverse blister about a 1/2 inch in diameter. You know, when the fluid leaves the blister and the skin sinks into the void. It was still bonded well that region. I think rubbing against my keys or change in my pocket caused it. Maybe some of the plasticizers leached out or migrated? It did serve it's purpose and my after a year still looked like new.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Woohoo! It's available now! Finally!

$10.99 w/ $1 shipping

I'll post pics/thoughts after delivery/install

Last edited:

sinhumane

Feb 17, 2011
this is good stuff. i ordered two. one for myself and one fo the wife.

some tips for install:

get the screen protector and the large back piece wet. DONT wet the bezel piece or the small piece that covers your sdcard flap. they will slide around and not stay put after the install.

for the screen, wet it, apply it straight, and squegee the water out with a credit card or preferably a rubber squeegee. same for the home button bezel and the back.

the sdcard flap is easy as pie, just stick it on and rub it out with your finger...

the bezel piece is the most difficult. peel the bottom edge up and line it up. just apply it in an upwards motion, leaving the top part still on the wax paper so it doesnt tangle and get all goofy, and squeegee the air out upwards as you go. dont fret about a bubble or two or some haziness leftover. that will go away in a day or two.

leave your nook alone for about an hour for the adhesive to cure as the excess moisture under the protector will cause it to slide around when messed with.

overall, these are a great value for anyone that does not want a case on their nook, but still wants to protect it. it does make the surfaces quite shiny, and the screen still seems to attract the same amount of fingerprints.... also, as with the ZAGG invisishield, there is some orange peel effect, but it isnt near as pronounced as on the ZAGG. the screen is quite smooth, and the back has a nice feel. would be nice to have a matte option, but for the price, it cant be beat.

i have about 4 days use on it, in and out of my cargo pocket, the drawer at work, the map pocket in my car door... and no issues, no peeling or anything. i am pleasantly surprised. DEFINITELY worth getting one of these though.