Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VERY slow microSD transfer rate in USB mode!

Tip us?
 
Deusdies
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 345
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] VERY slow microSD transfer rate in USB mode!

I have a Class 6 microSD card in my Nexus One.

Rooted, running CM7 nightlies. Phone plugged in USB 2.0 port.

When the phone is on and is in USB mode, transfer rate to card does not exceed 100 kB/s!

In Recovery (Amon RA), the speed is about 1.8 MB/s, so that's fine. I know it should be higher but this is still fine.

So - the question is obvious - what the hell is wrong? Why are my writing speeds so slow?
 
schizophrenia
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 964
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdies View Post
I have a Class 6 microSD card in my Nexus One.

Rooted, running CM7 nightlies. Phone plugged in USB 2.0 port.

When the phone is on and is in USB mode, transfer rate to card does not exceed 100 kB/s!

In Recovery (Amon RA), the speed is about 1.8 MB/s, so that's fine. I know it should be higher but this is still fine.

So - the question is obvious - what the hell is wrong? Why are my writing speeds so slow?
Just to say i have the same problem.....
looking for an answer, if there is any.
 
slaia
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 34
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London, UK
I also have the same problem.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
 
tokenwoken
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 63
Join Date: May 2010
I have this problem as well, but only after I partitioned my microSD using amon_ra
 
ZeppeMan
Old
#5  
ZeppeMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 588
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: De Haan
Same issue with a class4 card. Sometimes it even drops too 300kb/s.. and never go above 1.8Mb/s
 
meechto
Old
(Last edited by meechto; 20th February 2011 at 03:56 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 243
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Have the same issue with a Sandisk class 2 MicroSD card. Seems to be something wrong with CM7. With everything else remaining the same, never had this issue with CM6 though. CM6 would easily give me transfer rate of 2 Mbps and above while writing to the card from the PC but now it always sticks at 768 kbps going at most upto 819 kbps once in a while
///EEEEEEEEECH.....TO
Device: Nexus One - Rooted, Unlocked BootLoader | OS: Android 4.4.2 | Radio: 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 | HBOOT: BlackRose 7.35.5117 | ROM: Beanstalk |
Kernel: Evervolv Kernel | Recovery: 4EXT Touch Recovery | Storage: Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 6 32 GB | Mount2SD: 1 GB EXT4
 
ZeppeMan
Old
#7  
ZeppeMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 588
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: De Haan
Quote:
Originally Posted by meechto View Post
Have the same issue with a Sandisk class 2 MicroSD card. Seems to be something wrong with CM7. With everything else remaining the same, never had this issue with CM6 though. CM6 would easily give me transfer rate of 2 Mbps and above while writing to the card from the PC but now it always sticks at 768 kbps going at most upto 819 kbps once in a while
I have this with all ROMs and currently i'm using CM6.1.1.
 
elgarteo95
Old
#8  
elgarteo95's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 42
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hong Kong
I once have this issue on a cm7 nightly build too
but after flashing RC1 plus IR's CFS kernel
everything's back to normal
maybe it's a problem of the USB driver
try to update to a newer build or change the kernel
 
ZeppeMan
Old
#9  
ZeppeMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 588
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: De Haan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgarteo95 View Post
I once have this issue on a cm7 nightly build too
but after flashing RC1 plus IR's CFS kernel
everything's back to normal
maybe it's a problem of the USB driver
try to update to a newer build or change the kernel
It's not the USB driver. Couple weeks ago when I still had my Hero the transfer speed was much higher. From the day I got my N1 (even with stock ROM) I had this problem. I wil try other kernel.
 
Rusty!
Old
#10  
Rusty!'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1751
Posts: 7,918
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portsmouth
The problem is .37 kernels, although going by the above post I guess IR's latest has solved it... will have to try.
Google Nexus 5 on Three UK

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more