Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] DL30 Data Throttle Remover

Tip us?

drod2169
Old
(Last edited by drod2169; 23rd March 2012 at 12:02 AM.) Reason: explanation included
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] DL30 Data Throttle Remover

This should remove the data throttle cap for the new DL30 Leak

**THIS SHOULD ONLY BE FLASHED OVER THE LEAK OR ANY ROMS BASED OFF THE LEAK, NOT ANY THEMES. IF FLASHED OVER A THEME, IT COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE A BOOTLOOP, OR BREAK THE CHANGES THE THEMER MADE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED**

..::..Data Service Governer Killer..::..

1. What does this do?
This is a modification to the services.jar framework file, that allows you to have an un-throttled internet.

2. Will this make my internet faster?
Yes and No. This will not "Upgrade" your internet. This only takes the trottle off, so you can download, or play games and not have to worry about it hitting a certain peak and lagging from that point on. It doesn't provide you with a new internet, only a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you don't have to worry about it capping off.

3. If I flash this, will it break my phone?
If it did, yours would be the first case I heard of. I've personally flashed it NUMEROUS times.

4. Will this work on any ROM?
Yes. This is not based off a particular ROM, and can be used with ANY Fascinate ROM. ALTHOUGH If you're Dev has made changes to the services.jar file, this could wipe those changes out. If you are unsure, send me your services.jar file, and i will look for you. Hopefully, i'll be able to make a download list in a couple days with all the Dev's services.jar files, so you can download that specific one. You can always ask your Dev.

5. Do I have to be rooted?
Yes. In order to be able to flash this, you are going to need to have root with a custom recovery

All credit goes to the dev who figured this out, sino8r! I simply applied this to the new froyo leak.

Download:
http://bit.ly/h8Ostj

Flash via CWM.

I am not responsible for anything that may happen/go wrong during or from this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drod2169 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deaffob
Old
Thanks Meter 24
What exactly does this throttle do? I've never heard a such thing exist. :0

johnnyv5
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaffob View Post
What exactly does this throttle do? I've never heard a such thing exist. :0
ditto.........

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1538

DONATE TO ME
Slows down your data speeds.

mrodsunshine
Old
Thanks Meter 8
not too sure on the details, but either it a) drops your bandwidth to a lower amount once you hit a predetermined data cap (from say, 2MB/sec to 100kb/sec for a given time), or b) limits download/upload speeds below what your phone/carrier is capable of. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on this though.

drod2169
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodsunshine View Post
not too sure on the details, but either it a) drops your bandwidth to a lower amount once you hit a predetermined data cap (from say, 2MB/sec to 100kb/sec for a given time), or b) limits download/upload speeds below what your phone/carrier is capable of. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on this though.
this. they throttle your data once you hit a certain amount, or once your area hits a certain amount.

something like that. i just know it helps when downloading things

johnnyv5
Old
Thanks Meter 5
My results.

Have installed dl30-leaked.zip. Downloaded speedtest.net from market and before applying this was getting mid 100's with 1 bar (bad signal in my office). After applying getting 444kbps first run and 647 second run....

ymmv.

jv

40Glock
Old
Thanks Meter 17
The idea is to remove a "data throttle" much like a governor built into the phone which keeps your data speeds at whatever vzw pre-determined as opposed to what the phone/network can handle at the moment.

This install however completely ruined my phones ability to accurately report my battery charge.

deaffob
Old
Thanks Meter 24
So this throttling is part of rom or kernel?

scriz
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Services.jar is a system file. And this zip works. Took my data speeds from 80k/150k to 899k/345k

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Current phone: White LG G2.5
Rom: CloudyG3