[ROM] MIUI on Touch/Kaiser/Polaris

Search This thread

jholtom

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
Hello Everyone
This is a MIUI themed Rom for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris.
It should run on all of them.
It is based off of Freshened Froyo (Latest Release)
I have tested it on the latest 2.6.32 kernel but it should run on others.
The main allure is the MIUI Theme. This was semi-requested and I put it together.

Download: AndroidInstall

Setup:
1. Download androidinstall.tar and place in andboot directory.
2. Install using Android Installer.
3. Boot, This can take up to 10 minutes.
4. To get the transparent menubar, Use a live Wallpaper. I have included the Multipicture Live Wallpaper allowing for your normal static wallpaper.
5. Go into ADW settings and switch the theme to MIUI (and if you choose to use ADW EX launcher instead[not included its a pay for app] you can use one of user7618's wonderful flat docks for ADW Launcher EX)
6. Everything should work as in Freshened Froyo.
7. Have Fun!! and Enjoy!!

The screenshot with the clock is ADW Launcher EX and the one without is the standard ADW Launcher

Attached are 20 MIUI wallpapers.
(If I've forgotten something just remind me and I'll fix it.)

Attachments

• CAP2011020116341.jpg
    CAP2011020116341.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 633
  • CAP2011020207451.jpg
    CAP2011020207451.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

我是春哥

Jul 29, 2009
Hello Everyone
This is a MIUI themed Rom for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris.
It should run on all of them.
It is based off of Freshened Froyo (Latest Release)
I have tested it on the latest 2.6.32 kernel but it should run on others.
The main allure is the MIUI Theme. This was semi-requested and I put it together.

Download: AndroidInstall

Setup:
1. Download androidinstall.tar and place in andboot directory.
2. Install using Android Installer.
3. Boot, This can take up to 10 minutes.
4. To get the transparent menubar, Use a live Wallpaper. I have included the Multipicture Live Wallpaper allowing for your normal static wallpaper.
5. Go into ADW settings and switch the theme to MIUI (and if you choose to use ADW EX launcher instead[not included its a pay for app] you can use one of user7618's wonderful flat docks for ADW Launcher EX)
6. Everything should work as in Freshened Froyo.
7. Have Fun!! and Enjoy!!

Screenshots will be coming (When I get around to it)
Attached are 20 MIUI wallpapers.
(If I've forgotten something just remind me and I'll fix it.)

thanks
but please upload some screensnap:D

我是春哥

Jul 29, 2009
why my status bar is always black?
should it be transparent?
And,the date font is black.i can not change it.
thank you!

Last edited:

jholtom

Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
In applications themselves I have not found a transparent version.
But on the homescreen it will be transparent when using a live wallpaper and a live wallpaper only I included multipicture live wallpaper to allow static wallpapers

dialfonzo

Aug 11, 2008
Work great... but the black status bar with black font... can it be changed ?

jholtom

Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
yes the Clock font can be changed to white as well as the date. I am working on that as an update. I might also try gray if possible as it might work better with some of the included wallpapers

我是春哥

Jul 29, 2009
In applications themselves I have not found a transparent version.
But on the homescreen it will be transparent when using a live wallpaper and a live wallpaper only I included multipicture live wallpaper to allow static wallpapers

When I use live wallpaper, status bar does become transparent. But you know,live wallpaper is so slow in our device...
You might try the default launcher of froyo.

jholtom

Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
the default launcher works with transparency with no live wallpaper
Yes most of the live wallpapers are slow but some arent
Have you tried the multipicture wallpaper?
Its actually quite fast on my vogue It allows for a static wallpaper to be used as a live wallpaper for the transparency
I do overclock to 510 mhz though

wj2000

May 13, 2011
Hello jholtom,
Your MIUI on Touch/Kaiser/Polaris ROM is better and fast, can you tell me how to install or update the CyanogenMod? or can you Packaging CyanogenMod into MIUI on Touch/Kaiser/Polaris?

Thank you.

jholtom

Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
CyanMIUI

Ok, so heres my take on this.

Difficult because of how I wrote this rom.
I originally started with cyanogen but was disappointed in its compatibility with some of the tricks/hacks/edits to system files I use. I was never able to get the transparency and gorgeous launchers to run without major crashes and glitching.

I may try but I have no device as i flashed my touch one too many times and finally wore out the short-lived NAND.

I will fire up my dev system and I'll see if I can load an alpha for testing

jaxx10

Nov 5, 2008
Camera works ?

hey anyone if the camera will work with this ?! also mms ? thanks ... I have a ANDROID on MIUI and im loving it .... great ROM:D

EDIT : CAmera works ... mms doesnt and phone keeps disconnectin the usb mass storage connection so pc (win7) not seeing phone and i cant transfer my files over but on the mac it does :) ...

Last edited:

tashsru

Mar 22, 2011
new york ny
help me please?

I have tried and tried and I get no where I tried so many different roms.. what the deal I keep getting the system was not found on my sd card but yet I get to haret.. wtf is wrong?
sh: 2: unknown operand losetup/dev/block/lop1;
no such file or directory failed failed to reach system.img on sd card

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
tashsru said:
I have tried and tried and I get no where I tried so many different roms.. what the deal I keep getting the system was not found on my sd card but yet I get to haret.. wtf is wrong?
sh: 2: unknown operand losetup/dev/block/lop1;
no such file or directory failed failed to reach system.img on sd card

Are you tying with haret or nand method?

boaqeel

May 25, 2008
problem

I flashed the miui , but internet and bbotooth not worked:confused:
and there is no folder myfiles:eek:
how ican solve these problems?;)
please riplay to me

Last edited:
I had the same problem for SOOOO long. Nothing I flashed to NAND would boot. I could lay the base image down but trying to unpack the system files always failed. I could flash a WM ROM and run Android from haret on the SD card but that was all I could do. I tried 4 different SD cards or varying sizes and speeds.
Nothing worked until I tried to format the SD cards with THIS formatter. When I figured it out 3 of them worked and one still refuses which is OK because I only need one. :)

I hope it works for you.
Good Luck!

MBK

lesiki

Oct 10, 2011
Frankfurt
AAAHHH help me!

Hey.

Its a bit too late for Kaiser but i love retro. And Android. And i hate Windows.

So i flashed MIUI because the other roms were ****.

My wifi isnt workin'. Its saying (sorry its in german) "fehler" (which means "error") when i start wifi. i changed the waves..thing in the settings bit its not working...
Please make an update or help me to fix. Thanks.

Its also a problem with Eclair on Kaiser and the update of "caynogen for kaiser" didint help

Last edited:

jholtom

Sep 26, 2010
NoVA
just to make sure you know this isn't real miui

Sorry but i have absolutely no clue what is going on since i only ever worked with the Vogue and it doesn't have wifi its probably related to the services.jar edit i made to acquire some of the fancy effects.

Try shifting to CM7 and see if wifi works there or use nbhtools to build a new KAISIMG.nbh for yourself

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
My wifi isnt workin'. Its saying (sorry its in german) "fehler" (which means "error") when i start wifi. i changed the waves..thing in the settings bit its not working...
Please make an update or help me to fix. Thanks.

The only fix I see for the wifi issue is the "patch" released some time ago that updates the wifi.ko file in /system.

All I need to do with this rom is to fix the blacked out notification bar and a few little "quirks" in the launcher. Other than that I like the implementation of an MIUI theme, kinda refreshing to see something different once in awhile.