Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Optimus one p500 struck in Emergency mode

Tip us?

jaivinder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG Optimus one p500 struck in Emergency mode

Hi,

I tried to flash it from the KDZ software but it left the phone in emergency mode. I tried taking the battery out but no luck.

Please help.

kpbotbot
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Do you still have the custom recovery?
‎( ) iPhone
( ) iPad
( ) iPad 2
( ) iPod Touch
(✔) iDon't have money

bbogdann
Old
Thanks Meter 16
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post10268452

post 53....good luck

The_ERROR
Old
Thanks Meter 349
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=883314

I'm not sure about, but if you failed in flashing, it's better don't turn phone off (removing battery). It can happen that it will never boot up! Just try flash it again with some other modes (recovery should be right, but some people say, that also another type of communication worked).

vivu.vivek
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Same thing happened for me. PC was not detecting the phone. Then I removed battery and plugged data cable, then came to normal

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
Gionee P3 => Android 4.2
Stock ROM | Rooted & Custom Recovery
Nexus 7 => Android 4.4
Stock ROM | Rooted

The_ERROR
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivu.vivek View Post
Same thing happened for me. PC was not detecting the phone. Then I removed battery and plugged data cable, then came to normal

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
If you don't started flashing in emergency mode yet, than yes, you can restart it as you want, but if you already started flash some data in recovery mode and it fails, it will be definitely better to try do that again without turning off, because there is high possibility of braking of device.

xxMOISESxx
Old
(Last edited by xxMOISESxx; 14th April 2011 at 12:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Boots straight into emergency Mode

Hi guys, I tried to update the phone using the LG Mobile Update and for some unknown reason it was stuck at 4% and the update process interrupted itself. The phone had emergency Mode in it, I removed the battery, placed it back the phone turned on fine, checked out the version and it was on 2.2.1 (the version I had, didn't update).

I decided to retry (stupid decision) and the same thing happened except that now. I remove the battery and it goes straight into Emergency Mode. Tried updating through the KDZ Tool and it does not recognize the phone, there doesn't seem to be a "Handshake" between the PC and the Phone.

Is there anyway that maybe I can force the Phone to mount (on a Linux Box maybe) and use some other Tool to flash it?? Or did I just turn my phone into Paperweight?.

BTW, this is my girlfriend's phone and I kind of got her into giving me her phone to update it, so yeah... I feel like **** for doing this.

Forgot to mention,

Tried:

Removing the battery for a while (15 min +)

Turning on the phone while holding "Home + Volume Down" and "Home + Volume Down + Search"

Thanks in advance.