MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Dropped Evo... SD Card not found

3rd February 2011, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
Hey Guys,

I dropped my Evo today pretty hard and i'm pretty sure something inside related to the sd card reader broke. I hear something rattling and it will not recognize my sd card. I restarted plenty of times, took out sd card and put back in and doesn't make a difference.

I plan on making sure its the phone later with another sd card I have at home to make sure its the phone vs the sd card.

Assuming it's the phone that's screwed, I'm thinking without access to an sd card, I can't really unroot before taking it into sprint to get it checked out.

I have insurance, would it be best to just claim it lost? Do you think sprint will give me crap about it being rooted if I take it in?

I really appreciate any feedback.
3rd February 2011, 12:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 136

1,056 posts
More
I would! But if you have ADB install on your computer, you can try to unroot it that way, if not I would claim it lost.
The Following User Says Thank You to evolishesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2011, 01:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

238 posts
Donate to Me
More
9 times out of 10 they won't give a fu€. If it's got pieces lose and it won't operate there not going to fix it before they replace it.

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimdog420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2011, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

34 posts
Thanks guys. I got home and swapped another sd card and it reads that card fine... I guess i just killed my 16gb card I just recently got for xmas! ><

The weird thing is there is definitely something loose rattling inside now.. I'm still tempted to just claim it lost and get a brand new one since this thing is a little beat up
Last edited by LP_sk8er; 3rd February 2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling
3rd February 2011, 08:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 431

772 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_sk8er

Thanks guys. I got home and swapped another sd card and it reads that card fine... I guess i just killed my 16gb card I just recently got for xmas! ><

The weird thing is there is definitely something loose rattling inside now.. I'm still tempted to just claim it lost and get a brand new one since this thing is a little beat up

It might just be corrupt. Try to mount it to your PC. It should "repair" it and you can take some files off.

As for something rattling around, if you have Total Equipment Protection, bring it to a Sprint store. They will fix it for you for free, even if its your fault. If you claim it stolen/lost, it will cost you $100. Unless you REALLY want a new one.
3rd February 2011, 01:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
hmmm happened to me. just removed card and inserted and all was good.
3rd February 2011, 06:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

34 posts
Yeah, i tried inserting my 16gb sdcard into my pc and it doesn't even recognize it via the card reader. but if i put my 8gb into the same reader, it reads it fine... I'm guessing that means 16gb card = dead.

If I take it in for repair for that rattling, do you think they will notice/care that the phone is rooted though? That's why i'm weary of taking it in to get it "checked out" at a sprint store.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fml
Previous Thread Next Thread