DISCONTINUED - [ROM][25-feb-11][v1.3] Dexter's Froyo 2.2.1 for XT720
so here is the new edition with uk kernel, basically pretty much the same as before with correct sensor drivers now.
Changelog v1.3 (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download nandroid image here or mirror
- xavwanted's libOMX and MediaGallery.apk which seems to fix HD recording and playback
- Riley600's interactive governor fix
- callwaiting fix
- kousik's mount-o typo fix
- Mioze7Ae move /oc to /system/oc
- bootanim by helmi666
- Email.apk replacement
Changelog v1.2b (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download patch here
- fixes problems with callwaiting functionality.
Changelog v1.2a (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download nandroid image here
- 720P recording fix
- re-added old MediaGallery as Camera app requires it.
- there can be possible hickups with mediascanning (so you know)
If you do see many FC's its a symptom of not having done factory reset, so this should indicate whether you need to do it or not.
Changelog v1.2 (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download nandroid image here
- fixed mediascanner issue
- removed old mediagallery (not supported) , now only Gallery3D available.
- removed VoiceCommands app, cpu intensive and taking much storage.
Note, due to the bug in mediascanner and decoding and on top ext2sd support, quadrant benchmarks drastically drops when ext2 is enabled, if the sdcard is not a class6 or higher.. but media decoding bug alone caused incorrect reportings, so dont be surprised when you test now.
Its a full nandroid for new and existing users. if you're using 1.1+ you do not need to WIPE settings, just restore nandroid and reboot, signatures will be recalculated and bootup takes maybe little more, but it works fine.
Patch update Changelog v1.1b (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download patch here
- HDMI added to settings menu, let me know how it works (not tested)
- different proximity sensor module (tested with z-devicetester seems better)
- facebook fix still included.
- Support for loading overclock module at startup.
- apps2ext partition support , will mount at startup if a 2nd partition is found.
its not advanced, so you need ext2/ext3 partition for now.
NOTE: Patches goes into /OpenRecovery/updates and is applied in openrecovery menu "apply update".
Changelog v1.1a (Android v2.2.1 edition)Download nandroid v1.1a link
- Based on 2.2.1 milestone framework leak
- Sync facebook is working
- Lockscreen is new (Blur like)
- see this link for framework theme's.
Changelog v1.1 (Android v2.2 edition)Download v1.1 link
- fixed: OCR camera function currently FC (crash) (Mobireader.apk added)
- fixed: Contacts apk will be replaced in next update.
- fixed: HDMI through media player
- fixed: /mnt/sdcard mount issue
If you want stock korean 2.2 with just english language and working sensors, download this nandroid dump, if you will probably need the 1.1 including recovery.apk to install this the easy way.
but else follow instructions in my other releases, and put nandroid backup into the /nandroid/openrecovery folder and restore using OpenRecovery.
See this post, if you wish to restore a stock rom, or to enable apps2sd filesystem on sdcard Install instructions:
Make sure sdcard is visible, when you get to step 6 of instructions, or it all fails, same with restore..
A: users with stock 2.1 can proceed to step 1 in instructions. B: users with stock SBF korean 2.2 rom , need to flash stock 2.1 and goto step 1 C: Users with 1.1+ of rom with OpenRecovery , can skip WIPE and factory reset, and a restore of the new nandroid backup included in the download link, and goto step 8 (and skip step 9 for factory reset)
root it (SuperOneClick ) - included with zip
install OpenRecovery , use included apk.
reboot phone once
copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
Make sure sdcard is not attached to pc using "mass storage share" to pc.
Run OpenRecovery app and "install Recovery".
Press Boot recovery
restore the backup "stock22xxxx"
wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
Issues reported by users in v1.2a:
- Radio FM volume cannot change.
- MediaGallery does not do videoplayback
Issues reported by users in v1.0:
- Radio FM volume cannot change.
- Sync account option for facebook / Twitter is not added in settings when account is configured.
- Camera language not going to change (its korean app, so not support for other langs)
- LEDS do work, its sensors that makes them go off/on (no need to report this anymore)
STATEMENT: Please don't keep asking the following question directed to me, public or via PM;
- Can you include language XXXXXXXX .
- Can you teach me how to do custom roms
- will you include RTL for hebrew
- will you make other roms like cyanogen,htc etc..
for new users unable to write in public forums, i cannot answer all your PM's personally, as that gets to be a quite a few per day and many monthly...i am not a support central for xt720 community..i simply don't have that kind of time available.
if i press camera button here (1-2 sec) it opens?
media button (the small one becide the cam button?) ? yes i see its not doing any action
from what i read now, the known accelerator driver issue + led,hdmi is 2 majors, im not sure about other issues becides the extra languages which for some seem to cause issue..
the way the launcher works is a matter of taste (seeing like 20+ android devices)
- if you're coming from stock 2.1 there is differences and more functions, but if you tweaked alot maybe less features are here, like dalvik.
- rotation is a problem if you plan alot of games with acc. functionality..
- I personally dont experience problems, except the buttons which personally i would love to fix now..
I think overall there is a positive feel about the first working release.
I am still unable to sync with facebook contacts, anyone else?
-->settings ---> accounts add the facebook account successfully but then not in the accounts list and then contacts in phone do not sync.
It seems that many not being experienced users, still try to install and here is the instruction for installing the rom.
Install instructions (based on korean sbf):
1. Install korean sbf (STSKT_N_79.33.50R) using RSDLite ( link here )
- boot your xt720 into bootloader (press power up while holding VOL+ + and shutter button during bootup)
- when RSDLite application on pc says "connected" , your ready to flash
- select the SBF
- press start
2a. Set language to english, set usb mode into Charge Only and USB debugging on in the Settings->Apllications->Development menu.
2b. root it (using SuperOneClick) - ( link here )
3. install OpenRecovery , follow instructions on ( http://bit.ly/gIPoXo ) files included (OpenRecovery & OpenRecovery.zip )
5. copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
6. boot into OpenRecovery (adb shell reboot openrecovery)
7. restore the backup "stock22" in openrecovery
8. wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
@Dexter, thank you for contacts.apk. But how to install it? After replace in /system/app it's says - It's not installed, and when i try to install it - it says: I can't be installed.
For more issues: how about light sensor, that detects when you speak on your phone?
On 2.1 when you speak touchscreen goes off and you cant press it errorly.
After full flash and all instructions followed corectly i can boot into 2.2 without any problems.
i set up my account with google, go to the market, download "facebook for android" install is succesfull, i then go to ==> settings menu ==> Accounts menu, add account, choose facebook, am successfull at login in to facebook, return to accounts menu = Facebook account is not there.
Just flashed korean sbf ... maybe due to iīd used launcherpro in stock rom i canīt get into the rom background and apps are still there in korean rom.
going back to european rom and do a wipe/reset before flashing again the korean one...
@dexter canīt we use universal androot instead of super one click
finally fixed it
1.flashed again german stock rom sbf file
2. do a factory reset in stock recovery
3. flash korean sbf file while reboot unplug the usb - when rsd lite shows massage "reboot manualy" - phone is still in reboot ( when i donīt do this it wonīt work ?!?!
4. go on with dexters xt720-2.zip nandroid procedure
@dexter unversalandroot wonīt work - just tested before superoneclick - adb install worked fine but no root....
camera options are still in english - iīm on german
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?