[GUIDE] Link2SD on milestone XT 720
Warning, you are the only responsable if your phone is inusable because of applying this tutorial. Don't do that if you don't know what's you do !!
So, if you accept the risk, here is what I did on my milestone XT720 (European) running android 2.1-update1 to have Link2SD :
What's you need :
Into your phone
Application AppInstaller (on market)
Application Universal Androot ( here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1281616832
File ext2.ko (in sd card : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=8
Into your computer :
Programm MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition
When you have that, you can start
1) Install all previous app and put file ext2.ko into your sd card
2) Connect your phone in pc on sd card access mode ---> Notice : it's better to use a computer card reader
3) Partition your sd card into 2 partitions with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition : 1 in fat32 and other in ext2 (partition in ext2 is used for your apps)
4) Disconnect your phone of your computer
5) Install Universal Androot with AppInstaller
6) Launch Universal Androot and root your phone by clicking root button
7) Install Application Root Explorer (from market) or another file explorer or you can use adb too
8) Launch Root Explorer, click on R/W button and paste the ext2.ko in /system/lib/modules/
9) Install Application Terminal Emulator (on market)
10) Launch Terminal Emulator
11) Type /system/bin/su
12) Accept superuser request
13) Type insmod /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko
14) Install Link2SD : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
(UPDATE : Now available on PlayStore)
15) Launch it and it will work
Release of link2sd on my install was 1.2.1.
Upgrade to 1.4.1 added option to move dalvik-cache
Upgrade to 1.5.0 added option to have a second partition in fat 32, so step 7 to 13 no more needed in case of you format in fat 32.
Post if you find any mistake on this tutorial.
UPDATE : In most 2.2 customs ROM you simply have to make 2 partition and to create a link2sd folder on your second partition.
For that, open root explorer, go to /sd-ext and create folder link2sd.
UPDATE 2 : For CronosX 2.3.7 ROM :
-Make 2 part into your sdcard
-Install Link2sd from market and transform it as system app (Simply move apk to /system/app and reboot)
NOTICE : You will probably lost all installed app : to avoid that you can PROBABLY copy all your old ext part in first sd part and then move that to /data/sdext after you will achieve last step.
-Remove 05mountsd 07app2ext 11link2sd from /etc/init.d/