Protect your topaz from hardware damage while running android (guide)
Android, is it really 'safe' to run on topaz with haret.exe?
I know people will say "dude, dont test builds out if you are scared. I love android". I do love topaz android too. i hope this will help to prolong your topaz's hardware
Possible hardware damage caused by buggy topaz android
3. Possibly decrease in performance in other parts of the phone
Why is current buggy state of android harmful to topaz? Well,
1. constand read/write on sdcard with constant power supplied(never shuts off for power saving) - decrease life span of sdcard
2. Li-ion battery SHOULD NOT BE SUBJECTED to high drain situations if possible. This will decrease battery capacity significantly.Currently, battery drain is significant, due to unnecessary devices are left turned on etc.
3. Carging while high drain situation with BUGGY BATTERY METTER can stress our battery significantly even if there is protecting ic chip to protect battery from overcharging.
The problem is : Heat
Li-ion batteries lose their capacity if subjected to high temperature. Charging it is just suppling heat to our poor topaz battery, since battery will function like resistor ;D note topaz cannot directly be powered from usb. i.e. power socket->battery->topaz not power socket->topaz
4.Heat makes other parts of system subjected to lower lifespan and possibly, damage them
5. Remember android on topaz currently dont have 100 percent control over hardware, meaning unnecessary stuff can be running at all times.
Suggested way of using android on topaz
1. Have at least two batteries and swap them as you use topaz for both normal and android situations. This is good for li-ion batteries in general
2.Do not charge
while you use topaz and if possible, stop it before battery is lower than 40%. In anycase, do not let it shut down because of low battery. If you really want to charge, consider downclock/full radio off/screen off to try to minimise stress battery goes through.
3. If possible, run android in cool, shady environment like your bedroom (:P)
4. Try to minimise running test builds like branch of test build for camera . This may stress your phones hardware unknowingly.
5. Becareful of android corrupting your sdcard anytime. Unknowingly, it performs a lot of read and write which is not recommended for flash memory in general.(sd cards are not ssd people)
6. Dont game or run benchmarks as much as possible
That is it. This guide applies to haret-android devices in general.
This guide will not be needed as much in situation of:
1. Nand build
2. Ram-mounted android build ( still danger of fring your sd card )
3. properly calibrated battery meter
provided their builds are stable and not as stressful as current build.
Happy android-ing. XD
Post your feedback. Please dont post things like I should not try it etc. This is just tips ,come on.