Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310]

Tip us?
 
joker2mbr
Old
#111  
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo
Hey Kabaldan,

I've already tested the compass fix you posted and it worked perfectly... Nicely done!
By the way, how come a ROM stable like this one is still an alpha? It's much better than a lot of stock ROMs out there. I agree with MorfeuZ: even Flash seems to be working better now.
After trying this ROM, I don't think I'll go back to CM6 anymore...
Great work!

Best regards!
 
rollbread
Old
#112  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jun 2010
Is this rom already rooted? When I go to the terminal and type "su", it just pop up with option Force Close, but the terminal is still there and when I type "su" again, it says that "Permission Denied".

So i go to openrecovery and did root phone, but the same thing happened. I had tried with GOT and Androidiani 3.3. Did I miss out anything?
 
romaninja
Old
#113  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker2mbr View Post
Hey Kabaldan,

I've already tested the compass fix you posted and it worked perfectly... Nicely done!
By the way, how come a ROM stable like this one is still an alpha? It's much better than a lot of stock ROMs out there. I agree with MorfeuZ: even Flash seems to be working better now.
After trying this ROM, I don't think I'll go back to CM6 anymore...
Great work!

Best regards!
How i set permissions ?
The GPS/Compass not working because i dont know how to set permissions!
 
brotkastn
Old
#114  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2010
Thumbs up Awesome!

I am running this ROM now since 24 hours and have to say:

Awesome!

Eveything is very smooth, and now even the compass works And the GPS fix is really nice too, it gets a fix very fast.

Especially when you think how new CM7 is for the Milestone, awesome work.

Thanks Kabaldan, i will donate some coffee to keep you motivated
 
joker2mbr
Old
#115  
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaninja View Post
How i set permissions ?
The GPS/Compass not working because i dont know how to set permissions!
@romaninja,

The easiest way to do that is use Root Explorer, which is available on Android Market. It cost approximately US$ 4.05, however. You can do that on a terminal, but it's a bit more complicated.
If you decide do buy Root Explorer (I recommend it): using Root Explorer make the /system folder "RW" (it's "RO" by default) - navigate to that folder an press the RW" button on top right corner of Root Explorer UI. Copy the files that kabaldan made available to the appropriate folder (/system/lib/hw) and set permissions accordingly.
To set permissions on Root Explorer, after you are done copying the files, long press each one of the files and select the "permissions" option. Then set it to "644" (user has read/write permissions and all others have only read permissions).
After you're done, press the "R/O" button on Root Explorer (this will make the folder read only again) and reboot. Your GPS and compass should be working now.
Let me know if that works for you.

Best regards!
 
Ralf_g60
Old
#116  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 121
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Born
Great rom, thnx!

Only problem at the moment:
Wifi keeps running, even when screen is off.
Wifi is set to sleep with screen off.
Is there a solution?

And can I display battery in %?


Sent from my Milestone using XDA App
Samsung Galaxy S4 ( GT-I9505 )
 
romaninja
Old
(Last edited by romaninja; 5th February 2011 at 09:00 PM.)
#117  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker2mbr View Post
@romaninja,

The easiest way to do that is use Root Explorer, which is available on Android Market. It cost approximately US$ 4.05, however. You can do that on a terminal, but it's a bit more complicated.
If you decide do buy Root Explorer (I recommend it): using Root Explorer make the /system folder "RW" (it's "RO" by default) - navigate to that folder an press the RW" button on top right corner of Root Explorer UI. Copy the files that kabaldan made available to the appropriate folder (/system/lib/hw) and set permissions accordingly.
To set permissions on Root Explorer, after you are done copying the files, long press each one of the files and select the "permissions" option. Then set it to "644" (user has read/write permissions and all others have only read permissions).
After you're done, press the "R/O" button on Root Explorer (this will make the folder read only again) and reboot. Your GPS and compass should be working now.
Let me know if that works for you.

Best regards!
Well , my dropbox's friend has the root explorer and after i copy the files and i mount r\w and chose "permissions" it show me something like that:

---------------------- Read ----------- Write----------- Execute

User

Group---------------- V-------------- V ------------ V

Others -------------- V -------------------------------- V

I hope you can help me find the solution :P
THANKS!
 
joker2mbr
Old
#118  
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf_g60 View Post
Great rom, thnx!

Only problem at the moment:
Wifi keeps running, even when screen is off.
Wifi is set to sleep with screen off.
Is there a solution?

And can I display battery in %?


Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

I don't think there's an option to show the battery in %. I use a widget available on the Market called "Battery Indicator", which shows the battery remaining % charge on the notification bar.
About the WiFi issue, I verified the same problem as you did: WiFi seems to remain on even when the screen is off (I've checked on Spare Parts). And I made sure the policy is correct on WiFi settings. Maybe this is an issue.
I just rebooted the phone after I charged it. Lets see if the issue remains the same.

Best regards!
 
joker2mbr
Old
#119  
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaninja View Post
Well , my dropbox's friend has the root explorer and after i copy the files and i mount r\w and chose "permissions" it show me something like that:

---------------------- Read ----------- Write----------- Execute

User

Group---------------- V-------------- V ------------ V

Others -------------- V -------------------------------- V

I hope you can help me find the solution :P
THANKS!

Please set it the way I stated before: User has to have "read / write" permissions and all others (group / others) have " read" permissions. Just like this:

-----------Read-------Write-------Execute

User--------X-----------X

Group-------X

Others------X

After you're done, don't forget to set the /system folder to "R/O" (read only) and then, reboot.
Let me know if it works for you.

Best regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to joker2mbr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joker2mbr
Old
#120  
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker2mbr View Post
I don't think there's an option to show the battery in %. I use a widget available on the Market called "Battery Indicator", which shows the battery remaining % charge on the notification bar.
About the WiFi issue, I verified the same problem as you did: WiFi seems to remain on even when the screen is off (I've checked on Spare Parts). And I made sure the policy is correct on WiFi settings. Maybe this is an issue.
I just rebooted the phone after I charged it. Lets see if the issue remains the same.

Best regards!

It looks like the reboot didn't help. It really seems to be an issue. WiFi is ON all the time, even when the screen off.
Anyone else can confirm this issue?

Thanks a lot

Tags
good rom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes