Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310]

Tip us?

bandroid842
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
There were some RTL patches in upstream that are already included in the latest build. And there is more to come.
Proper ext support (for both froyo and gingerbread) will come with the release of the kernel sources.
Thanks for the reply!

1- does app2ext in general truly boost RAM performance, lessen redraws, increase multitasking and so forth, as a result of the free space or is that really just a misunderstanding?

2- When are Kernel sources usually released?

3- Any ideas regarding Arabic Support in Gingerbread? Do you think the libwebcore file we used in froyo with Arabic support in web and mail would still work with cm7?

Thanks for caring and for making fantastic roms

brandner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Once again kabaldan, thanks! Applied the latest update, and so far it's running perfectly.

osprey23
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeygtr40 View Post
I did replace the built-in ADW launcher with ADW EX...performance improved coz ADW launcher seems a lot laggier compared to EX
I have ADW EX too, and I want to replace the ADW on the ROM like you did. How do you go about doing it?

I'm noob, if you could provide step by step instructions, it would be appreciated.

Cheers!
sileshnair Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey23 View Post
I have ADW EX too, and I want to replace the ADW on the ROM like you did. How do you go about doing it?

I'm noob, if you could provide step by step instructions, it would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Best way would be to replace it in the CM7 update file and reflash. You can also use rootexplorer to do it. If you choose my former method, remove the ADWLauncher.apk from the /system/app folder in the update zip file. Then download the apk of ADW EX and put it in the same folder and reflash.

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...ADWLauncher-EX

If you can't download ADW EX from the web, download it from market to your phone. It will be in the /data/app folder. Just copy it to your sdcard.

adam1741
Old
(Last edited by adam1741; 28th March 2011 at 06:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 62
The camera seems to freeze on me after I take a picture, it also doesn'e save the picture into the gallery. Also, I'm using ADW Ex, and my bar at the top doesn't appear after a reboot. I have to use my swipe up action to bring it back. Any suggestions?

Fekish
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Latest version is super! No problems for now, just one home redraw in 20 hours...
I didnt even need to replace the boot.img and everything works smoothly and faster!
Till yesterday i was almost sure that when new MIUI version was going to come out i would switch to that, but now i would be skeptical!

Thanks Kabaldan

winettou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
With Feeyo's tip and a bit of another... I think I got a way to lock any app in memory (on boot up) that normally gets killed such as a music app or sms app.
Then you can safely crank the free ram from the 3rd slot up without fear of killing something you want to keep alive...
Can u give me some clues how to make it? Yesterday i killed my sms app after bulletproofing launcher;/

classicryder
Old
(Last edited by classicryder; 28th March 2011 at 08:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
DSI kernel bug workaround makes my milestone LAGGY!!! WTF was that? plus suddenly since 3 months ago the "CRT on and off screen animation" can't be used although the checkbox was checked..
sileshnair Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicryder View Post
DSI kernel bug workaround makes my milestone LAGGY!!! WTF was that? plus suddenly since 3 months ago the "CRT on and off screen animation" can't be used although the checkbox was checked..
CTR on/off works. You have to set your animations to normal.

consolation
Old
Thanks Meter 218
I'd turn off as many animations and effects as possible...
HTC TyTN II, iPhone 2G, Palm Pre+, iPhone 3G, HTC Magic, Moto Dext, Moto Milestone, Sony Xperia X10i, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Moto Atrix 4G, HTC Sensation, iPhone 5, LG Nexus 4

Tags
good rom