Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 40,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310]

Tip us?

mcdevtingz
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
Regarding ICS/CM9 for Milestone - I'm not working on it at all at this point. (Though I may change my mind in the future). There are too many issues that I have no clue how they could be solved. And the usefulness of the possible result of hard and time consuming work is very uncertain at this time.
Also, I'm currently too busy with real life issues...
HW acceleration has been done by a Defy dev. so would it not be worth it?

nitrobg
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanoterra View Post
i got curious about that, and did a df myself...

99% on system
42% on data
74% on cache
84% on cdrom (wtf ?)
01% on tmp
90% on pds
and 74% on data/logger and cache/recovery

should i be worried about the others close to 100% ?
or just cache that matters ?

and how we clean those folders ?
rm -rf /system
rm -rf /data
rm -rf /cache
etc..

You can easily clean up those folders to free up space.

afadel
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronot View Post
I did, a couple weeks ago. Market downloads wouldn't work on Wifi at my home, but it did on 3G and on Wifi at my work. After googling around and trying some suggestions, I ended up suspecting it could just be a problem with my home connection so I decided to just wait it out, and sure enough, last weekend it went back to normal.

Seems like internet links on Brazil, at least the ones based on embratel afaik (Virtua and the like, that I use at home and work) seems to be behaving very badly lately - while my home connection went back to normal last weekend, yesterday my work connection started acting up, though in other ways - connections to some sites in certain regions of the US was slow, while in others it was ok. Tracerouting made me suspicious of some kind of routing problem. So I did some trickery on my server's NIC that's connected to the ISP link to spoof a different MAC address for the NIC to force a new/different IP lease from the ISP, and that seemed to fix it, for now...

EDIT: I see you're from Campinas too - I live there, but work at São Paulo.
Yes, I do this route everyday from Campinas to Sao Paulo too! Hehe

But it makes sense this Virtua problem. A friend of mine was complaining that his media server wouldn't work with YouTube while PC and milestone would. At his girlfriend's house the media server worked fine.

I'll try to get a new IP lease on my router, let's see if that works. Thanks for the feedback, it surely gave me some ideas. It's good to know your not the only one facing a specific problem.

Take care!

afadel
Old
(Last edited by afadel; 29th November 2011 at 11:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by adome5 View Post
yes
the cache and also the system and data/logger all what i write on 100%!!
what can i do please?
Are you using the sd-ext partition (you have to split your SD card and create an extra partition).

If you are, just replace the 07app2ext script in /etc/init.d using the procedure from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t#post18432609 to move your cache partition to sd. The downside is that you may slow down your apps if your SD has slower transfer rates (low class).

If you don't have the sd-ext partition, Google it or search in this forum for the procedure. I did it a long time ago and don't remember well enough to do a step by step instruction.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
rm -rf /system
rm -rf /data
rm -rf /cache
etc..

Actually DON'T do that! Why would you want to erase everything from /system? And that's not how your clear cache either.

The thing is /system is supposed to be close to 100% and kabaldan odexed the system apps and moved what he could to use up that space and free /data.

/cache usually gets close to 100% if you're using sd-ext and has a lot of apps installed. If that happens you should consider moving /cache to sd-ext to avoid problems installing and running apps.

The other partitions you shouldn't worry about as they are set during CM7 installation and shouldn't grow (have data added) after that.

sdtaddey
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
rm -rf /system
rm -rf /data
rm -rf /cache
etc..

So, with these comands ain't you formatting the device?

I mean.... "rm -rf /data"... won't touch your apps and those apps' data?

And also... something that it comes up while writting this is:
What about the bad blocks... how to get rid of them?
TIA

Sent from my HD2 running ICS (4.1)

arjaycabling
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default to kabaldan

sir do you think my problem can be solved? coz i trust you ur guid and follow all those directions but it happened... no service. it cnt detect my sim's network in philippines.

i also appreciated your work all these time.

afadel
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaycabling View Post
sir do you think my problem can be solved? coz i trust you ur guid and follow all those directions but it happened... no service. it cnt detect my sim's network in philippines.

i also appreciated your work all these time.
Did you change the baseband to your location (Phillipines) in the OR menu AFTER you applied CM7?

arjaycabling
Old
(Last edited by arjaycabling; 30th November 2011 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by afadel View Post
Did you change the baseband to your location (Phillipines) in the OR menu AFTER you applied CM7?
no sir, i just updated it into "update-cm-7.0.1-o.08-11.04.24 RC10 milestone signed", when i use the rom I found out that it drains my batt. so fast, but on the good side, it can detect my network, I can use it to make a call, send sms.

the next thing I planned is to restore my old 2.1 ROM(the one that I backup earlier before I upgraded), and still detecting my network..

then i tried another custom rom wich is "update-cm-7.0.1-o.08-11.04.24 RC14 milestone signed".. it also drain so fast and there's no complain for that, i realized then that cm7 is too heavy for a milestone logicaly

i noticed that it cant detect my network anymore, so i restore mu backup 2.1, and it also cant detect my network anymore....

have I done something wrong? or is it has a limitation for upgrading??

although I see the Baseband menu, and i see many baseband.zip but never tried one, why? i'm thinking that there's a proper procedure to change baseband, plus there's so many tutorials how to change it.. du no which one of those.

thanks for reply sir,...

puffo81
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I'm using CM7 since a couple of days, and I must say that is very good and fast!

Btw I've noticed that the read_ahead cache is set to a low value (64 if I don't remember wrong). I've set it to 2048: isn't it better? Or can it bring some issues?

Thanks Kabaldan for your incredible work!

brgroover
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
I'm using CM7 since a couple of days, and I must say that is very good and fast!

Btw I've noticed that the read_ahead cache is set to a low value (64 if I don't remember wrong). I've set it to 2048: isn't it better? Or can it bring some issues?

Thanks Kabaldan for your incredible work!
can it bring some issues

Tags
good rom