Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310]

Tip us?

kabaldan
Old
(Last edited by kabaldan; 20th December 2011 at 02:55 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3037

DONATE TO ME
MaKTaiL: Yes, of course. But there were some issues with that patch. Several fixes emerged and evolved quickly, the final solution seems to stabilize now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kabaldan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcdevtingz
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
MaKTaiL: Yes, of course. But there were some issues with that patch. Several fixes emerged and evolved quickly, the final solution seems to stabilize now.
Anything happening with cm9?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Flyview
Old
(Last edited by Flyview; 20th December 2011 at 05:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushifiend View Post
Sounds like completely normal behaviour to me. If you download something like Advanced Task Killer from the market, you'll see that there's actually a lot more running than you can see in Android's own running services view. I'm not suggesting that you need to use ATK, but it gives you a better idea of what's going on.

I normally have anywhere between 12 and 32Mb shown as free with the usual suspects such as Android Keyboard, Messaging and Google Services showing up in running services. If I then fire up ATK and kill everything it sees as running, I then have 55-60Mb free RAM.

I only ever do this when I want to run a heavy app like NFS Shift which quits when there isn't enough RAM.

Sooner or later I'm going to replace my Milestone with something with more memory. I was all set to buy the Galaxy Nexus, but when I went to see it on the day it was released in the UK, I was so disappointed. The pentile matrix screen and really plasticky build quality turned me right off. I would buy the new Droid Razr, if it wasn't for the stupid non-removable battery and the locked bootloader.

SF
I understand that there's other things running. Open "running services." The way I see it the listed services are running in the gray part of the graph. There must also be some other things in the gray portion, for example dialer. The green portion includes free ram + cached processes. When I say "free ram", it's this green portion I'm referring to. Lets call this "available ram" from now on.

Other memory apps don't make any sense to me, they show way more ram per app than is even possible (add them up and you get over 250).

So here's my dilemma. After a fresh reboot up to a few hours later, the available ram (the green portion) without killing anything is 70-75mB. After about 20+ hours, with the same services running in the list, available ram is 35-40mB.

So what changed? The amount of "unavailable ram" (gray portion) has increased from ~90mB to ~120mB. Why?

Solutions:

1) reboot
2) open a ram intensive game. Surprisingly this restores a similar RAM situation as after reboot. It must be kicking out *hidden* processes/services from the gray portion that were stuck there. Still, it doesn't free up quite as much as a reboot (maybe 10mB less).

What are these hidden processes in the used/unavailable ram?
1) dialer
2) ??
3) ??

Yes I've noticed that once dialer is opened (make a phone call or go view contacts), it adds to the used ram. Usually it doesn't get killed to free that ram again unless killed manually or by a game.

Kabaldan, thoughts??

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

MaKTaiL
Old
Thanks Meter 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
Thnak you for fast answer. Keep up the good work!

nitrobg
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuF123 View Post
kabaldan:
I have this strange problem when listening to music - after unlocking the phone it is very unresponsive, no apps can be started, all animations are stuttering and it get's better when headphones are disconnected (music app shuts down?).

Any ideas what is causing this?
I've had the same issue - the only way to fix this was to remove the battery.
I believe that if you have 2 or more different music players installed, they are conflicting with the built-in one, causing the device to go unresponsive. I removed the unneeded music player (in my case, the built-in Music.apk and Music.odex) and the issue is gone.

robertito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Open recovery didn't find any update.zip

Hi everyone!

Have you any idea, why the open recovery didn't find any zip file?

I made all the wipe menus, and followed the instructions. I have a 2.3.5 CM on my phone.

But now, i want to install 7.1.2 (2.3.7) 13.12.2011. If i go to Apply update, i see only 3 test lines...

Why?

Thank you

jorgemariom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertito View Post
Hi everyone!

Have you any idea, why the open recovery didn't find any zip file?

I made all the wipe menus, and followed the instructions. I have a 2.3.5 CM on my phone.

But now, i want to install 7.1.2 (2.3.7) 13.12.2011. If i go to Apply update, i see only 3 test lines...

Why?

Thank you
zip files must be in the folder /openrecovery/updates

mburrieza
Old
(Last edited by mburrieza; 22nd December 2011 at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 161
XDA member kfazz made ICS Work on MM brother, the OG Droid. Not yet fully functional 4.0 but at least working. The OG Droid does not have a locked bootloader, so its much easier than the Miles, but keep hopes on me:

73MB free ram is also not bad at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lSx8Hi19w

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1393632
The Following User Says Thank You to mburrieza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcdevtingz
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
I dream of ICS!
Currently I have:
ICS theme
ICS status bar
ICS keyboard
ICS animations
ICS wallpapers

Anything I am missing apart from the real thing?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

wisefreakz
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Thumbs up Thank you so much Kadalban

@Kadalban - I want to thank for all the effort and hard/free/amazing/super/mega/excellent work you`ve done and still doing for the crap of the Moto Milestone.
We wouldn`t be nothing without you... SERIOUSLY!!

I put this words here as i finally my moto died due to the infamous digitizer problem. It kept worst and worst in the past 4 months at the point it was impossible to use and i got really pissed off with it and burned the mother F*$#R at my microwave.

It felt so good to watch the phone blowing up.. gosh!!

So thank you again

I`m still not sure which phone to buy... but if you are also thinking on changing phone in the next two months, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks very much and hope to keep your follower

Best Regards,

Wise Freakz

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wisefreakz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
good rom