MODULES, INSTALLATION TIPS, THEMES AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS.
Introducing the modules concept for a faster, smooth and clean rom:
Note: Modules are to be installed via xRecovery. Full Package is for all stock applications. Flash if you feel like there's something missing from the rom, but performance will suffer.
*Important tip: The higher your SD card's class number, the better the performance. For example, a class 8 is much better than a class 2 due to higher transfer rates in class 6 compared to a class 2. Your device's performance will vary depending on the SDCard that you have. So choose a higher class number instead a low and be happy.
LINK2SD is provided witht his rom. Here's some tips
How to backup and restore your data easily:
Originally Posted by smartgardens
Hi Guys, I just want to help some of you who want to use the link2sd app in this rom, i have provided a link of the tools you need with easy to follow instructions, you do not even have to take your sdcard out of the phone, please though before you try anything, make a backup of your sdcard on your pc.
Once you have made your partition, open the link2sd app, give it superuser permission and then start moving your apps, please be aware that apps which have widgets are to be left on the phone memory or they not work.
Lastly, any questions about setting your partition are best aimed at the thread there not here out of respect for Erick, the tool provided in the thread makes the process easy, so do not be afraid to try and the benefits are for a faster cleaner phone.
How to enable boot-animation?
To backup and restore use Titanium Backup included in the rom.
(thanks to Wolfbreak)
I would like to invite you to try this blazing fast yet stable ROM today! I would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have. Please remember that you are doing so at your own risk and I am not responsible for bricking your phone or any other damage that may ensue.
1. Rooted 2.1 ROM (latest firmware and baseband 2.1.65
(X10a - in case of reboot need to install this patch
) or 2.1.67
(X10i - better under-volt compatibility)[/URL] - tested and recommended) If you don't have it, please go to Bin4ry's [GUIDE] and use this tool from Bin4ry and Androxyde to flash both. First flash the firmware 2.1.A.0.492 and afterwards, the new baseband.
Smart tip from a user:
Originally Posted by realunited123
It should not work when restoring between different roms or Android versions due to changes in framework. If your try make sure to wipe cache, dalvik cache and fix permissions after restoring.
2. working xRecovery
Optional: Back up your mobile data APNs using APN Backup, as they will be erased when flashing this ROM.
Quick step by step: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1618
(thanks to my friend astrall
1. Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and wipe battery stats.
2. Flash the X10.2.X.X.X.X.EWJET.XXx.XX.zip package via xRecovery
3. Reboot and for tweaking purposes, remember to enable "Unknown sources" and Development/"USB debugging" under Settings -> Applications
4. Configure Link2SD, and install this tweak through xRecovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?50cyb3f5uzy3ly2
5. Restore previous APNs settings using APN Backup.
5.1. Configure APNs settings (Internet 3G / H / E)
Originally Posted by peter.neilmann
Go Setttings / Wireless & Networking settings / Mobile networks / Access Points Names
After that press "properties" button (left button) and put there your carrier information.
Thanks to peter.neilmann
Note: At first, you may experience some lag, as some libraries are still loading/caching. This lag will go away soon, and your X10 will fly!
I will answer only for bugs and errors for another or further information drop me a PM.
If you like it a click at "Thanks" is enough.
- Gingerbread Theme (Thanks to SEMPITERNAL): http://www.mediafire.com/?i4g7o2dviq6zs2u
- Froyo Theme (Thanks to SEMPITERNAL): http://www.mediafire.com/?tbwdhsytg07nlyl
- Sense Theme - latest edited by EW (Thanks to NS_85): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1099595
Thanks to my friends smartgardens, LJE, liamb2001, DooMLoRD, MrHassel, asmanthebell, wali01x, Simon, Mr Clown for their collaboration!
Thank you to these generous and kind people for their donations:
- smartgardens - Paypal Confirmation number: 5XWXXXXXXX42
- juhan.webster - Paypal Confirmation number: 8AGXXXXXXXXX65
- cnewsgrp - Paypal Confirmation number: 7UPXXXXXXXXX3J
- peter.neilmann - Paypal Confirmation number: 9VPXXXXXXXX9L
- wali01x - Paypal Confirmation number: 198XXXXXXXXX2C
- martin.norbery - Paypal Confirmation number: 29RXXXXXXXXX54D
- LJE - Paypal Confirmation number: 7L1XXXXXXXXXXX0T
- peter.neilmann - Paypal Confirmation number: 343XXXXXXXX1Z
- andrew.mackew - Paypal Confirmation number: 2X8XXXXXXXXX5A
- LJE - Paypal Confirmation number: 93FXXXXXXXXXXXXXX25T
- smartgardens - Paypal Confirmation number: 46RXXXXXXXXX70S
- mw450 - Paypal Confirmation number: 1SPXXXXXXXXXX311
- Laszlo Szlezak - Paypal Confirmation number: 3U9XXXXXXXXXXX24Y
- Nadu Dan - Paypal Confirmation number: 9GAXXXXXXXXXX94W
- Brian Weiss - Paypal Confirmation number: 2YCXXXXXXXX71D
- LJE - Paypal Confirmation number: 1U4XXXXXXXXXX41K
- peter.neilmann - Paypal Confirmation number: 5AAXXXXXXXX2DR
- Nadu Dan - Paypal Confirmation number: 9M8XXXXXXXXXX22S
- christophe coste - Paypal Confirmation number: 86UXXXXXXXXX03J
- andrew.mackew - Paypal Confirmation number: 3A2XXXXXXXXXXXA59
- LJE - Paypal Confirmation number: 1UDXXXXXXXXXXXXXX000