Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] NFX-Shift STOCK Version 2.0 deodexed/odex updated 3/19/11

Tip us?

nfinitefx45
Old
(Last edited by nfinitefx45; 17th May 2011 at 04:41 AM.) Reason: New Release
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Post [ROM] NFX-Shift STOCK Version 2.0 deodexed/odex updated 3/19/11

Updated: 3/19/2011

NFX-Shift.Deodex.STOCK.V.2.0
NFX-Shift.Odex.STOCK.V.2.0

This will not wipe your data, ALthough always best to start fresh!

- [Kernel] [GPL] Sense 2.6.32.21 OC/UV 1.51GHZ (CFS-Smartass-TUN) Thanks to bcnice20
- Default CPU clock will be 1.0ghz with ondemand , changable thru setcpu or if you want to edit the kernel directly. I have never been a fan of the overclocking apps as once the system is boot they need to wait for the SU to grant permissions for the settings. this way it is from boot.
Remove the script below to use setcpu
If you would like to change the defaults in the kernel just look in system/etc/init.d/ 80screenstate_scaling
echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1209600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

System Currently boot at 1.2 ghz with the script. if you have issues with this speed remove the sript and reboot. This will allow for the settings in the kernel to boot at 1ghz.

- Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot - no need for any other apks aka wired or wireless tether
- Read ahead fixed to 256k for the SDcard (speed fix) - should increase the read times from sdcard
- 5meg limit on the mms
- Tweaks for the system to increase overall performance
- 4 in 1 menu w/hibernation (photo at bottom of post)
- Fixed 1x / 3g to be accurate
- zip align apps installed on data automatically
- Annoying ads in programs are blocked

Added:
Astro File Explorer
Titanium Backup

Updated:
Sprint VVM
Maps
Market
there where other just cant recall them

Ok, If you experience issues please in your post list the issues clearly so I wont miss them. I would perfer maybe list them first then explain them underneath.
Thank you!

On you Sdcard there is a folderfor the apps that have been removed, for easy restore
Removed_Apps/
AdobeReader.apk
amazonmp3.apk
GenieWidget.apk
Kindle-1.0.2.80600055-OEM-SingleSign.apk
nascar09-prod-release.apk
Quickoffice.apk
sfl-prod-release.apk
Sprint_Navigator.apk
Sprint_TV.apk
SprintZone.apk

Download ODEX

Download DEODEX

Tanks to all the testers your names will be added later when I have a little more time....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reboot-mod.jpg
Views:	2291
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	546426  
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nfinitefx45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dread 7us
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,113

DONATE TO ME
Sweet! Glad to see you developing roms even b4 you've received your shift lol. Downloading now

Sent from my PG06100

mcarrion78
Old
Thanks Meter 25
good deal nand welcome to the shift. ha ha. bout to test this out know. ive tried out some of your hero stuff and seen the good work you've done.

cloverdale
Old
Thanks Meter 147
I did a full wipe before flashing, and it booted up, but does not seem to have a functioning launcher. If I turn the screen off, and back on, I see the lock screen, but swiping down results in a black screen.
Empirical evidence can never establish mathematical existence - nor can the mathematician's demand for existence be dismissed by the physicist as useless rigor. Only a mathematical existence proof can ensure that the mathematical description of a physical phenomenon is meaningful.
-- Richard Courant
The Following User Says Thank You to cloverdale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrandoKC
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Make sure you have cache wiped too, sounds like maybe a corupt download.
I've been running this for four days and have not had a single hiccup.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift 4G

nfinitefx45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale View Post
I did a full wipe before flashing, and it booted up, but does not seem to have a functioning launcher. If I turn the screen off, and back on, I see the lock screen, but swiping down results in a black screen.
if you can could you get me a ddms or logcat while booting so I can see what may be causing this issue for you.
As I said previously I dont have amy shift yet so I can only possibly track down the issue if you can grab a logcat or ddms report of the issue.
Thanks

alher591
Old
Thanks Meter 7
glad to see the thread is getting active... will download and post feedback
Fully Rooted HTC Evo Shift 4G

cloverdale
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoKC View Post
Make sure you have cache wiped too, sounds like maybe a corupt download.
I've been running this for four days and have not had a single hiccup.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift 4G
The cache was wiped.
Empirical evidence can never establish mathematical existence - nor can the mathematician's demand for existence be dismissed by the physicist as useless rigor. Only a mathematical existence proof can ensure that the mathematical description of a physical phenomenon is meaningful.
-- Richard Courant

the5ifty
Old
Thanks Meter 2
coming from a hero forums I was waiting for you to throw something up here that was slick and simple DL-ing

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

cloverdale
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfinitefx45 View Post
if you can could you get me a ddms or logcat while booting so I can see what may be causing this issue for you.
As I said previously I dont have amy shift yet so I can only possibly track down the issue if you can grab a logcat or ddms report of the issue.
Thanks
I apologize, I already did a nandroid recover. Everything went through fine on the logcat, but after boot it kept giving me an error in regard to wakelock not responding. I probably had a bad download. I will try again this weekend (have to go meet the wife right now) and let you know the results. I am really excited to run this, so I am sure I can get it to work eventually. Thanks a lot for your work on this.
-- Richard Courant