What I want to do is Dual-Boot from the MicroSD card. Meaning the NC Boots to the MicroSD and from there it Decides to Boot to either Nookie Froyo or Un-Rooted Stock. Preferably, with Long Press Home Button to go to Stock and Default being Nookie Froyo. How should I go about this?
I haven't Rooted my Stock because for one B&N updates screw your Root. Another reason is so I can try out B&Ns Updates and see how they Improve their OS. Aswell as the Fact that if I screw over Nookie Froyo I'm not stuck with an inoperable NC for the Duration until I fix it. I can Simply ReFlash a Backup IMG of NF.
(Also there's always the Possibility that B&N will get Netflix, it's a Dream )
Also you can try j4mm3r's Boot Menu or rookie1's Customizable u-boot
I will have a Complete All-In-One HowTo for all these methods soon so it's all in one place. Please Look Forward to it.
Some have reported they've gotten this to work with CWR but many have stated this doesn't work with it. If you have trouble restore your Backed up u-boot.
- Download this: Attachment 510096
- Working Nookie Froyo or Honeycomb MicroSD card
- Rooted Stock not Required
- Will Work on Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Unzip the Zip File
- Plug your NookieFroyo/Honey MicroSD into your Computer
- Rename "u-boot.bin" from SD card and Copy it to a Safe Location for Backup Purposes
- Copy the Unzipped "u-boot.bin" to your SD card
- Safely Eject the Card
You're Done. Now whenever you Turn you NC on you can do this:
-Power On Normally for Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb
-Power On and Hold Home Button for Stock
-Power On and Hold Vol+ and Vol- for Recovery
Rookie1's Original Post Post 9