5,606,650 Members 36,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Emergency! Cannot restore Nexus One!

Tip us?

glizitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Emergency! Cannot restore Nexus One!

Hello out there!

I sure hope someone can help me with this! I have rendered my phone completely useless. I have been working on this thing for the past 7 straight hours.

I upgraded to the 5.08 radio and then the MIUI_Au_1.1.28_R4_N1_EN-signed.zip

Everything was working beautifully until I decided to do a Nandroid restore. I guess I did not truly understand the function of this. After a reboot, I was back at square one.

I rebooted again into the recovery mode and then wiped and reinstalled the new rom. Now the new rom is giving me an error. I cannot get any network connectivity from it. I wipe and reinstall several more times and get the same effect.

This is when I get the idea to format and partition the SDcard from within the recovery menu. This was clearly not the best choice.

I cannot get the phone to restore back to factory anymore. The SDcard is empty. I have even taken it out. When it boots up it still boots into some non-working version of the new MIUI rom. No network connectivity. Where is it storing this? I have wiped everything possible. Played with partitions. I have tried hard resetting in the limited interface and in the Recovery console.

At this point, I cannot work on this any longer. My next idea is to put the micro SD card in another device and put original stock image on it. Is it possible that the new rom installed a kernel and that is what I am seeing? I figure if I can install a different rom from the SD card I might just be ok.

Any input into this mess would be greatly appreciated. Because I still have access to the Recovery console I know this is not the end for my phone.

Someone please tell me they know what is going on!

I would be happy to elaborate any more points regarding this issue.

It seems to me that I am not able to delete something because the new rom keeps coming up. Where is it booting from if I wiped everything?

I am at my witts end!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses!

glizitch

elegos
Old
Thanks Meter 125
If you can enter the recovery mode, you just have to enable the SDCard to browse it from your computer. From there you can push in the sdcard whatever zip you wish. Remember to wipe cache and data.

If you can't enter the recovery mode, go in fastboot and flash it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to elegos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
And of course, the ROM is booting from /system partition on internal Flash memory in the device, which you can't wipe without knowing fastboot/adb commands - which obviously isn't the case. Wiping SD card won't do anything, and wiping user data isn't going to help you either.

As already mentioned above, since your recovery is working - get into it, mount the USB-MS, connect to PC, copy a ROM of your choice to the SD card, unmount, flash it, enjoy. I suggest RTFM before doing things.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_R1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glizitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Gratitude!

Thank you for your replies!

I have been putting off doing this upgrade for some time and have been living with limited functionality on the phone due to the amount of time and research I would have to put in to make sure I cross all my t's and dot all my i's.

I was never able to get the MS-USB toggle to work. Windows XP would not show I had put a new drive in when I used it.

I remedied the situation by getting a microSD to SD adapter so that I could put the new rom on the SD card. I used the original microSD card at first and installed the MIUI again. This caused me the same results of rebooting a few times before it went into the rom. When it got in I had no network connectivity.

I decided I would try this brand new microSD card and put the EvIL rom 1.26 on it instead.

I wiped and installed the Evil rom on the new card and Walla!

I have Evil rom now working with network functionality. There must have been some kind of hidden garbage on the old microSD that was keeping me down.

8 hours into the project, I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY PHONE UP AND RUNNING!!!!

I hope others may find this post useful!

Many Blessings & Thanks!

glizitch
Tags
bricked, help!, nexus one, no boot, recovery