I do it just for fun when I have some free time and some mood So don't expect too much.
This app is free (and will allways be free) and for now it will not be available through Marketplace - just because it is not really easy to put it there.
Version 0.6.3 - Mango compatible, Download: SHCameraApp063.zip
- same as 0.6.2
- full Mango support
Version 0.6.2 - Mango beta1 compatible, Download: SHCameraApp062.zip
- preview for recorded video doesn't work (I cannot create one of the classes - looks like Mango issues)
- some UI lagging - again Mango issues
- maybe some other bugs
- image may freeze - simply tap the screen
Version 0.6.1 - Nodo, Download: SHCameraApp061.zip
- app now use native code - this means no way to put it to Marketplace, also app will work only on HTC devices
- preview for recorded video
- normal names for videos
- improved speed of save operation
- fixed problems with pictures rotation (still small issues remain)
- fixed autosave for videos
photo taken in portrait mode will require more time to save comparing with landscape photo.
- will try to disable shutter sound (for now - there will be only registry key - look registry tweaks thread)
- propose your features
About custom photo/video resolution:
There is no way to have 16:9 photos or video recording in 1080p - application already using all supported resolutions.
And there is no way to add something else - unless someone will modify camera driver.
About Green/Yellow color in photos:
This is a camera driver bug - nothing I can do.
- your "thank you" and your feedback is a donation
For those who want to know how to work with camera on WP7:
Hacking the WP7 Camera (The basics)
Activate SHCameraApp with hardware button: