XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to flash clockwork mod?

Tip us?

ScoobyDoo27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to flash clockwork mod?

I just rooted my phone with the one click root and now I'm trying to flash clockwork mod onto my phone so I can flash the froyo ROM and a new theme but every time I click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it gives me an error saying that an error occurred while downloading your recovery. I even tried to use older versions and I get the same error. What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to use froyo.

Kevin Gossett
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Download the second file linked in this post.

Extract, place update.zip on SD card. Using Odin, place the .tar file in the PDA section and flash.

ScoobyDoo27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Where can I download Odin? And where do I get the .tar file?

halcut
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
Download the second file linked in this post.

Extract, place update.zip on SD card. Using Odin, place the .tar file in the PDA section and flash.
After this do we need to flash it from rom manager too

halcut
Old
(Last edited by halcut; 5th February 2011 at 05:06 PM.) Reason: added xda links instead of external
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo27 View Post
Where can I download Odin? And where do I get the .tar file?
Odin can be downloaded from here - link 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788099

tar is in the zip on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=942021

Kevin Gossett
Old
Thanks Meter 49
The .tar file is in the zip you extract...

Odin can be found here.

Since you are placing the update.zip on your SD card, you don't have to flash with ROM Manager

gbcobra
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would recommend reading through the beginners guide which is stickied at the top of the general thread which covers rooting, odin, CWM, ROMS etc.; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=897889.

ScoobyDoo27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright, well I used Odin and flashed that .tar file and I'm still getting an error from clockworkmod. Any other suggestions?

Kevin Gossett
Old
(Last edited by Kevin Gossett; 5th February 2011 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Did you put the update.zip on your sd card? You shouldn't need to do anything with rom manager.

Edit: Further instructions... Place update.zip on root of SD card, flash .tar with Odin using PDA, boot into stock 2e recovery (blue) and apply:update.zip, which should take you into new red cwm

ScoobyDoo27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
Did you put the update.zip on your sd card? You shouldn't need to do anything with rom manager.

Edit: Further instructions... Place update.zip on root of SD card, flash .tar with Odin using PDA, boot into stock 2e recovery (blue) and apply:update.zip, which should take you into new red cwm
I did all of that and I got a message that says it failed to verify whole-file signature, and that the installation aborted. I guess my phones just not to be rooted....

Tags
clockworkmod, fascinate, root