Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

veetle .com works on 2.2 phones!

Tip us?

yamaford
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default veetle .com works on 2.2 phones!

There is no app yet but I figured this is a good place to post it for someone looking for veetle on android. The iphone/pad has an app but we really dont need one now that it works. I cant get cable here so I stream foxnews from veetle. Now i can watch it on the phone.

t.k.h.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default FOR REAL: Stream Veetle.com on Android

I recently switched to an HTC Inspire 4G from an iPhone, and I've been super frustrated that veetle.com doesn't stream natively to the device. I've spent a good chunk of time looking into how to do this and this morning I came up with a decent way to stream any veetle channel on an Android device.

Requirements:
*Rooted, S-OFF, et al
Cyanogenmod 7 RC1 Installed
VPlayer (can be installed from Android Market)

In the default browser in CM 7, tap Menu, tap More, then scroll to the bottom and choose Settings.

Again scroll to the bottom, and tap Select User Agent, found under Advanced Settings. Choose iPhone for the User Agent type.

Navigate to veetle.com, and you'll see it's presented as it is on the iPhone, and VPlayer handles the m3u8 streams just fine. You might need to turn up the buffer size in VPlayer to get a nice consistent flow, but this is my new method for watching Veetle.com on my phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t.k.h. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shail31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.k.h. View Post
I recently switched to an HTC Inspire 4G from an iPhone, and I've been super frustrated that veetle.com doesn't stream natively to the device. I've spent a good chunk of time looking into how to do this and this morning I came up with a decent way to stream any veetle channel on an Android device.

Requirements:
*Rooted, S-OFF, et al
Cyanogenmod 7 RC1 Installed
VPlayer (can be installed from Android Market)

In the default browser in CM 7, tap Menu, tap More, then scroll to the bottom and choose Settings.

Again scroll to the bottom, and tap Select User Agent, found under Advanced Settings. Choose iPhone for the User Agent type.

Navigate to veetle.com, and you'll see it's presented as it is on the iPhone, and VPlayer handles the m3u8 streams just fine. You might need to turn up the buffer size in VPlayer to get a nice consistent flow, but this is my new method for watching Veetle.com on my phone.
Hey it definitely works when you play the channels from the veetle website but there seems to be a problem when i try to view veetle channel links on other websites.It gives me a message COULD NOT FIND STREAM LOCATION .I have confirmed that the stream is working by using my PC ,so any help would be much appreciated.

Nisthus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Finally i can see sports on veetle. Since im using nym`s i cant see. Can someone port the browser.apk? im very happy with this rom and im not planning on a change, but if no one can port the browser i might have to think about it.

sslas321
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisthus View Post
Finally i can see sports on veetle. Since im using nym`s i cant see. Can someone port the browser.apk? im very happy with this rom and im not planning on a change, but if no one can port the browser i might have to think about it.
Dolphin browsers work also

Nisthus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How did you do it??
I tried with all browsers and no luck. I can only save the file stream.m3u8 and when i try to open with vplayer it skips and gets back to file browsing. the same happend when i try to open the url on vplayer.

uk8888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Please can someone post the app on the forum I can't find it on the market as its not available in my region

Manphius
Old
Thanks Meter 1
sorry to bump this but i need help. vplayer installs on samsung mini, but gives me an error and shuts down when i try to run it. So is there another program that does the same as vplayer but works on samsung mini, because i really want to use vettle. thx

mepirate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dolphin HD+Vplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslas321 View Post
Dolphin browsers work also
I broadcast on veetle, full time. After my research on android, i found out that Android OS stream veetle using dolphin hd+vplayer could do it. Check MePirate on veetle movie list and go to my website for more details. There is vplayer.apk ready to be download there.

legmovement
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default veetle on android

hi guys
a bit late with this but , i am running darkstons super ram on my hd2
and i can view veetle channels on the def browser. i can also use skyfire
which also streams bbc iplayer...dont live in the uk....how great is that