XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gmail app won't send email even after clearing data

Tip us?

mikebel3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Gmail app won't send email even after clearing data

I was having some problems with androids built in a2sd feature. Formatting and running a disk check seems to have fixed it.

This morning, I noticed my emails weren't getting marked read and emails weren't going out. I cleared data and cache in the gmail app. It marks emails as read but still won't send. I did a nandroid backup, still same problem. I installed fresh still had the problem...data wiped the app but no luck. Anything else I can try? I'm on myns warm two point two.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel3 View Post
I was having some problems with androids built in a2sd feature. Formatting and running a disk check seems to have fixed it.

This morning, I noticed my emails weren't getting marked read and emails weren't going out. I cleared data and cache in the gmail app. It marks emails as read but still won't send. I did a nandroid backup, still same problem. I installed fresh still had the problem...data wiped the app but no luck. Anything else I can try? I'm on myns warm two point two.

Had this issue a week ago; It was due to Gmail.apk residing in both /system/app and on my EXT3 partition (both were different versions)
Current Phone: Sprint Galaxy Note 3
ROMs: Galaxy Note fre3 2.12 | Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 N900PVPUCNC5
Sites: freeza inc. | free HQ Mobile Wallpapers&Ringtones
Facebook: Add me | Google Talk: @gmail.com

welbinator
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i had this problem. i fan a fix permissions through rom manager. that didn't fix it (although it's a good idea to do it once in awhile) I went to settings > applications > manage applications > Gmail and I clicked Clear Data. started gmail back up, it had to re-log into gmail which only took a couple seconds. the email I was trying to send was no longer trying to send. I re-typed it, hit send and voila! it sent.

hope this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to welbinator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikebel3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I think it did have to do with 2 versions of gmail installing on the phone. That or there's something in my titanium backup that a2sd doesn't like. I just restored a few apps, no data, and that seems to have fixed it.

highcheef13
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by welbinator View Post
i had this problem. i fan a fix permissions through rom manager. that didn't fix it (although it's a good idea to do it once in awhile) I went to settings > applications > manage applications > Gmail and I clicked Clear Data. started gmail back up, it had to re-log into gmail which only took a couple seconds. the email I was trying to send was no longer trying to send. I re-typed it, hit send and voila! it sent.

hope this helps.
Had the same problem, clearing the data and re-signing in helped for me, too.