Gmail app won't send email even after clearing data

OP mikebel3

6th February 2011, 12:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Whittier
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
More
I was having some problems with androids built in a2sd feature. Formatting and running a disk check seems to have fixed it.

This morning, I noticed my emails weren't getting marked read and emails weren't going out. I cleared data and cache in the gmail app. It marks emails as read but still won't send. I did a nandroid backup, still same problem. I installed fresh still had the problem...data wiped the app but no luck. Anything else I can try? I'm on myns warm two point two.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
6th February 2011, 01:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 10,025

4,327 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel3

I was having some problems with androids built in a2sd feature. Formatting and running a disk check seems to have fixed it.

This morning, I noticed my emails weren't getting marked read and emails weren't going out. I cleared data and cache in the gmail app. It marks emails as read but still won't send. I did a nandroid backup, still same problem. I installed fresh still had the problem...data wiped the app but no luck. Anything else I can try? I'm on myns warm two point two.

Had this issue a week ago; It was due to Gmail.apk residing in both /system/app and on my EXT3 partition (both were different versions)
9th February 2011, 09:11 AM   |  #3  

38 posts
i had this problem. i fan a fix permissions through rom manager. that didn't fix it (although it's a good idea to do it once in awhile) I went to settings > applications > manage applications > Gmail and I clicked Clear Data. started gmail back up, it had to re-log into gmail which only took a couple seconds. the email I was trying to send was no longer trying to send. I re-typed it, hit send and voila! it sent.

hope this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to welbinator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2011, 06:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Whittier

54 posts
More
I think it did have to do with 2 versions of gmail installing on the phone. That or there's something in my titanium backup that a2sd doesn't like. I just restored a few apps, no data, and that seems to have fixed it.

16th June 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welbinator

i had this problem. i fan a fix permissions through rom manager. that didn't fix it (although it's a good idea to do it once in awhile) I went to settings > applications > manage applications > Gmail and I clicked Clear Data. started gmail back up, it had to re-log into gmail which only took a couple seconds. the email I was trying to send was no longer trying to send. I re-typed it, hit send and voila! it sent.

hope this helps.

Had the same problem, clearing the data and re-signing in helped for me, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread