App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Touch Screen Responsiveness

6th February 2011, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Device: Nook Color rooted to 1.1

I had my Nook Color in the car today (40 degrees or so), pulled it out to show her what it looked like rooted. While standing in the driveway showing her different things, I found the touch screen was overly sensitive. As I was scrolling through different things (the app list, twitter, facebook), the slightest touch would select/open an item. It normally doesn't do this. It was incredibly frustrating and almost unusable. I pulled it out later and it seems to be behaving like it normally does.

Does temperature affect the NC screen? Where they any touch screen changes in 1.1? Is there a setting to calibrate the touch screen? I can't seem to find one. Any other suggestions?

I tried doing a search on the forum, but the search crashed.

Thanks.
6th February 2011, 09:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minot, ND
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom

Is there a setting to calibrate the touch screen? I can't seem to find one.

I was wondering this myself. My input doesn't seem to register as I get towards the edge of the screen.
6th February 2011, 10:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactfulcactus

I was wondering this myself. My input doesn't seem to register as I get towards the edge of the screen.

I don't know if it's placebo or not, but I feel like this app improved my screen response.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=934500

As for the other question, I would expect the screen to be less responsive in cold weather, but I don't have anything to base that on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robjective For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2011, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jupiter, Fl
Thanks Meter: 9

135 posts
Guessing what you experienced was due to condensation on the screen. Doesn't take much and can be 'invisible' to you but the screen is sensitive to 'stuff' on the screen and will become overly sensitive if there is anything on it, like moisture, skin oils, etc .. a screen protector may help but unless it continues that is probably the cause.
7th February 2011, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 56

156 posts
Quote:

What you experience is probably temperature related, but another thing to try is to increase the LCD screen density to around 190, 200, or a little more. For me, I get improved sensitivity, especially near the corners.
12th February 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
Pasadena, MD
Thanks Meter: 5

247 posts
My daughter accidentally got a little water on the screen and it was a little erratic. I put it in a ziplock with a handful of rice for about 6 hours and it was like new.
12th February 2011, 05:02 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
I have owned 3 nook colors, the first one I owned freaked out when I used a damp cloth to wipe the screen. It exhibited some strange behavior and emitted some loud static from the speaker. It would not power down or anything... finally it just went back to normal, so I took it back to B&N and then went and bought one at walmart. I took it back because I thought I wanted the Viewsonic G Tablet. But after trying it I finally bought a Nook Color at Best Buy, bought a screen protector too so that I don't have a repeat of my first NC. The screens on these things are, I believe, rather sensitive and the cold or the moisture may have played a part in your unit's behavior.

migrax
13th February 2011, 05:28 AM   |  #8  
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
More
Quote:

Same here. My screen also seems very inaccurate.

Have you found a fix?

Sent from a NookColor using the xda app
25th February 2011, 12:26 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 103

345 posts
I'd be interested in a solution for this as well, since the edges of my NC screen seems to be a lot less sensitive. For instance, when the Market is launched, it takes 4-5 tries to hit the search button at the right top corner (I know that I can hit menu and select search from there, but I am trying to illustrate my point).
25th February 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderidol

I'd be interested in a solution for this as well, since the edges of my NC screen seems to be a lot less sensitive. For instance, when the Market is launched, it takes 4-5 tries to hit the search button at the right top corner (I know that I can hit menu and select search from there, but I am trying to illustrate my point).

this modified kernel solves that
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=925451

and you'll also get a speedier nook

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread