Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PROGRAM] {FROYO ONLY!!} AIO Captivate Toolbox *Smaller, Faster, + More Automation*

Tip us?

bay_wolf
Old
(Last edited by reinbeau; 31st October 2011 at 01:24 AM.) Reason: Edited to put in FROYO/GINGERBREAD Disclaimer
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Default [PROGRAM] {FROYO ONLY!!} AIO Captivate Toolbox *Smaller, Faster, + More Automation*

USE THIS FOR FROYO ONLY!! WILL NOT WORK WITH GINGERBREAD BRICKING IS A REAL POSSIBILITY!!

Bay_wolf's AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5 & 2.6

If this program has helped you, please consider donating.

Warning: Using the 3 Button Fix ODIN can brick your phone if you have Gingerbread bootloaders. Also, this program might not work on XP.

Disclaimer: I'm distributing this program as-is and no guarantee that it will not hurt your phone. So, use at your own risk and don't blame me for bricking your phone. I am to not be held liable for any outcome of the use of this program.

Description: To help automate flashing custom ROMs onto the Samsung Captivate. This is primarily designed for beginners but will help advanced users flash custom ROMs quicker.

READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING.
BEFORE EACH STEP: You must not mount the phone but have it plugged in with USB Debugging enabled.
The program will act like it's not responding during the flash custom ROM step. Just let it do its thing (normally takes about 5-10 minutes).
You do not need to root the phone in order to install a custom ROM but you do need it for Titanium Backup.

Programs/Files included (Captivate Version Only):
Odin One Click
ODIN 1.71 with Stock ROM JF6 (With 3 Button Fix)
ClockWorkMod Recovery
Root Files
Drivers

You need .NET 4 installed

Download Captivate 2.5

Download Rogers 2.6

If there are any bugs PM me and I'll try to get them fixed.

Just in case anyone wanted them. Here are the drivers in a smaller and automated installer that I created. It's the same that's used in my program so if you have my program installed you don't need to worry about these. -32 bit -64bit

Donations are appreciated if you found this program helpful:

The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to bay_wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bay_wolf
Old
(Last edited by bay_wolf; 9th April 2011 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Changelog:

3.0 - Changed from ODIN to Heimdall. Made flash to stock completely automated. Faster for most everything. Smaller download size. 3 Button fix is integrated. Install CWM is a new advanced feature. Better way of copying custom ROMs. Download and Install Titanium backup feature added along with restore Titanium Backup License. Root moved to advanced menu as it is not needed

2.5 - Updated ODIN to 1.81

2.4 - Bugfix

2.3 - Complete redesign and added wipe batt stats and enable non-market apps. Also added a donate button in the program (hey i gotta have some caffeine to keep making new versions ).

2.2 - 3BF Version Created and Editing of the Instructions while reducing download/install size.

2.1.1 - Changed the way the installer is packaged. No functionality difference between this and 2.1. Just a better way to install for updating in the future.

2.1 - Revised the wording.

2.0 - Added the toolbox on the right.

1.2 - Fixed a bug dealing with admin rights.

1.1 - 64 bit drivers integrated.

1.0 - Initial Release.

Changelog (Rogers):

2.6 - Removed 2.2 option and removed att boot logo option. Fixed major bug.

2.5 - Initial release

Planned Features:

Smaller Download Size.
Smaller Install Size.
Fully Automated Backup and Restore.

Thanks for donations from:

FishDoc
qynt
novagator
Oxicottin
konazxiii
For2ndtwin
kvenubabu
meohman1
Hellrod87
movrshakr
OldeCrow
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bay_wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Billabong81
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Nice tool, don't know if I'll use it, but appreciate the effort!

perosredo
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Will this work for Rogers (I896) Captivates?

Loggik
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Will definitely use this. It's a nice place to keep things organized, and this also means that I don't have to install ROM Manager on my stock flash anymore to install Clockwork (because I always forget to save the update.zip that ROM Manager downloads for future use).
Phone: Samsung Captivate SGH-i897
ROM: Serendipity 5.11
Modem: ZNKP1
Kernel: SuckerPunch

Get a free 2.25GB or more with Dropbox!
Signing up to Dropbox with that link above is like donating to me. Please use it; you can't imagine how much it means to me!

Stephenxda
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Link for download points back to thread. I will give it a try when link is up

Edit : will be up within the hour duh

moosefist
Old
Thanks Meter 2
this looks like it can simplify things for many new users. This is a great contribution. Thanks.

bay_wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by perosredo View Post
Will this work for Rogers (I896) Captivates?
I don't guarantee it but if you can use the files in this guide on your phone then it'll work as I've used those files for the rooting and ClockWorkMod files.

wonner
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Awesome work... I can't wait to try it out!

norcal einstein
Old
Thanks Meter 36
^
What are those? Xanax bars?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe