5,599,616 Members 43,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Tip us?

atillo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Navigation Question?

Does anyone know if Maps 5.10 works with the new GSB 4.0. I started having nav problems on GSB back around Mothers Day last spring (I don't remember what version of GSB or Maps). While Shed was away I started using Condemned Souls rom, I had the same problem with Maps on his rom. The solution was to roll back to Maps 5.2. I am currently running Condemned CM7 V18.2 and Maps 5.10 works perfectly.

I was wondering if the Maps problem was a CM problem that has been fixed. Has anyone tried Maps 5.10 with GSB 4.0? Does it work?

Thanks,

workshed
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 726

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by atillo View Post
Does anyone know if Maps 5.10 works with the new GSB 4.0. I started having nav problems on GSB back around Mothers Day last spring (I don't remember what version of GSB or Maps). While Shed was away I started using Condemned Souls rom, I had the same problem with Maps on his rom. The solution was to roll back to Maps 5.2. I am currently running Condemned CM7 V18.2 and Maps 5.10 works perfectly.

I was wondering if the Maps problem was a CM problem that has been fixed. Has anyone tried Maps 5.10 with GSB 4.0? Does it work?

Thanks,
I've had a few people PM me and said the latest maps worked for them with GSB v3.8, other than that I'm not sure if it's 100% working or not, sorry.
HTC Droid Eris
- GSB -[CM7.2.0-RC1] ROM
- FroShedYo -[CM6.1] ROM
- Follow me on Twitter

If you would like to contribute to the effort, you can... but it's never expected.
Thank You, and Enjoy
!
The Following User Says Thank You to workshed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

workshed
Old
Thanks Meter 726

DONATE TO ME
Default v4.0 ODEX'D

• GSB.v4.0-CM7.1.0-RC1-Eris-signed.zip <- This version is Non-Odex'd. Grab this version if you like to go crazy theming your phone
    NOTE: Rings Lockscreen didn't make it into this build, next one.
  • | md5sum
  • GSB.v4.0-ODEX-CM7.1.0-RC1-Eris-signed.zip <- This version is Odex'd. Grab this version if you like a more snappy/stable phone that you can lightly theme
    NOTE: This build has the rings lockscreen: If you want multiple custom apps like in the screenshots you have to set that up in Lockscreen settings > Custom application. Just keep adding till you're done
  • | md5sum
  • Mirror
Google Apps (gapps)

Here's the ODEX'D version as I promised. Updated the gapps link too. Remember you have to manually setup the rings lockscreen to show you multiple apps to run when long pressing the "Custom App" icon on the lockscreen.

Hit me up on Twitter!
HTC Droid Eris
- GSB -[CM7.2.0-RC1] ROM
- FroShedYo -[CM6.1] ROM
- Follow me on Twitter

If you would like to contribute to the effort, you can... but it's never expected.
Thank You, and Enjoy
!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to workshed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PieceKeepr
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Thanks 'Shed! Downloaded the odex version and will be flashing in a few minutes. It's good to you see you back.
HTC Thunderbolt running ThunderShed by Workshed

Verizon Tab 2 10.1
Verizon Tab 2 7.0
(wifey's)

Yorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
You're the man shed. Running 4.0 odex now. So far so good

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App
Galaxy Nexus running stock

workshed
Old
Thanks Meter 726

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr View Post
Thanks 'Shed! Downloaded the odex version and will be flashing in a few minutes. It's good to you see you back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorb View Post
You're the man shed. Running 4.0 odex now. So far so good

Thanks guys, I promised an update, so I'm following through
HTC Droid Eris
- GSB -[CM7.2.0-RC1] ROM
- FroShedYo -[CM6.1] ROM
- Follow me on Twitter

Thank You, and Enjoy
!

Yorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Question for you shed... what constitutes too much theming for odex? All I do really is switch to the androidian theme and change some settings for launcherpro. That shouldn't affect my performance, right?

Also...just noticed I don't have maps or navigation. Thought gapps would have installed those? Maybe it's because I never got that market first run thing after I canceled it at first to turn wifi on?

Galaxy Nexus running stock

champdr0id
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Loving the new lock screen and the overall smoothness still hasn't faltered. Thanks and welcome back, shed!

Sent from my ERIS using xda premium
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red

MongooseHelix
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Also...just noticed I don't have maps or navigation. Thought gapps would have installed those? Maybe it's because I never got that market first run thing after I canceled it at first to turn wifi on?
The universal gapps only contain the essentials basically. This link has some more information about them:
http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/index.php/Google_Apps#History
Twitter: @MongooseHelix

Devices: Eris, Inc, Tbolt, Gnex
Source: GitHub
Change Review: Gerrit

fo0you
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Question for you shed... what constitutes too much theming for odex? All I do really is switch to the androidian theme and change some settings for launcherpro. That shouldn't affect my performance, right
Not 'Shed, but a self-confessed UOT kitchen and theming addict here...

If all you do is use standard theme chooser themes, then yeah, ODEX is probably your best bet

The only reason non-odex is good for heavy theming is that ODEX roms don't allow for statusbar transparency (like are found in certain theme chooser themes), and certain other changes that requires the classes.dex file in the systemui.apk (which ODEX does not have).
Current: LGG2, Stock Rooted KK. Moto Razr M: CarbonRom 4.2 Release
Previous: Droid Eris (R.I.P. Jan 2010-Jan 2012): Retired with Workshed's CM7

Tags
cyanogenmod, desirec, eris, gsb, workshed