[Q] <HELP ME> how to change theme on X8.

OP scopeLensa

8th February 2011, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Butterworth,PENANG
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
hye android users, im newbie in android stuff xtualy... bought SE xperia X8 last night.. here my problem.. hopefully all of u can help me with this simple things,...

my prob are;

how to change the theme xtually??? i want to change the theme but i dont get it.. seems like all of u are pro in this case.. can u plis tell me??

if anything;

FB me; lukmankhatib
8th February 2011, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 493

1,447 posts
More
xRecovery..
8th February 2011, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 27

54 posts
More
There's no built-in option to change the theme on the stock Xperia. You can make significant changes to the UI if you use a home launcher app such as ADW or LauncherPro from Market if that will be enough for you. But if it's really the theme you want to change, what you have to do is replace the stock theme file called framework-res.apk located in your phone's internal memory at /system/framework/ with another framework-res.apk that's of a theme of your liking. But first, your phone needs to be rooted and have xRecovery installed.

This tutorial automates the replacement of framework-res.apk for you with a script:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889963
Last edited by guitarded068; 8th February 2011 at 08:08 PM.
29th October 2012, 11:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Smile How to ROot 10xmini
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopeLensa

hye android users, im newbie in android stuff xtualy... bought SE xperia X8 last night.. here my problem.. hopefully all of u can help me with this simple things,...

my prob are;

how to change the theme xtually??? i want to change the theme but i dont get it.. seems like all of u are pro in this case.. can u plis tell me??

if anything;

FB me; lukmankhatib

Hey friends I got the same Problem with My 10X mini and I am Unable to change its Theme...So if you get any new methods plzz Mail me ....
29th October 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 541

2,347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamcool12

Hey friends I got the same Problem with My 10X mini and I am Unable to change its Theme...So if you get any new methods plzz Mail me ....

No need to revive such an old thread! If you have problems with the x10 mini go to the x10mini forum. People who have that phone could help you more.
Also isnt changing a theme very easy? Go to theme choser and change it.
30th October 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,277

1,546 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamcool12

root,install cm7/9/10, download theme from market open theme chooser. walah! you changed your theme
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
x8 theme
Previous Thread Next Thread