Originally Posted by destroyerbmx
Anyone jumping on one of these phones when they come out? I am thinking about getting the thunderbolt seeing as its all based off the dinc and they have has some success modding that.
I'm going to wait for the hardware to mature first.
1) 4G is not available in my area.
2) Battery life? Everyone is focused on 4G and dual-core... nobody has said a peep about battery life.
3) I'm in love with the Samsung Fascinate hardware. Going to an LG or HTC phone feels like a step backwards.
4) Hackability. I want to only buy phones with lots of custom ROM support, and will wait to see how the modding / ROM scene develops first.
5) I don't buy new phones. I wait at least 2 months, then buy used devices. I can use the phone for several months, then sell the phone as used for about the same price I paid. Doing this allows me to frequently switch devices, so I can switch hardware almost at-will at no cost to me.