Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

New 4g Phones

OP destroyerbmx

8th February 2011, 07:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 16

372 posts
More
Anyone jumping on one of these phones when they come out? I am thinking about getting the thunderbolt seeing as its all based off the dinc and they have has some success modding that.
8th February 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx

Anyone jumping on one of these phones when they come out? I am thinking about getting the thunderbolt seeing as its all based off the dinc and they have has some success modding that.

I personally do not find anything on the next gen phones ( at least the ones displayed at CES ) that I would trade my fascinate in for. I am going to wait for a bit.
8th February 2011, 07:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
4G just isn't in my area yet. I am between 2 markets.
8th February 2011, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Mexico

372 posts
More
Where I live I dont get 4g but I travel a lot and some of the places I go have 4g. I am interested in the thunderbolt because it has the large screen and its not motorola.
8th February 2011, 07:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

319 posts
More
I have 4g coverage in my area, work and home. But going to hold onto the Fascinate until something peaks my interest. Seems like all the 4g phones have 4.3" screens. Seems kinda big to me...

jv
8th February 2011, 07:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Mexico

372 posts
More
I am interested to see how the orion and tegra 2 do. I already have heard many say there is a large battery drain with the tegra 2.
8th February 2011, 07:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Mexico

372 posts
More
Upon further digging the snapdragon isnt the same as the dinc, its a next gen one, still not dual core though, heres a comparison against the samsung for 3d

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...-s/#more-17339
8th February 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #8  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 70

356 posts
More
Considering 4G won't be in my area until end of year, I'll start looking then.

However, my next phone will have to have these conditions:

1. Dual Core
2. Rear Camera of 8MB or >
3. Front Camera of 2MB or >
4. Android 2.4 or >
5. USB connection
6. SD card support
7. Ability to become PC. i.e. Moto's Atrix laptop doc or similar doc that would allow connection to full screen/keyboard (or phone would be kb/mouse).

I think these requirements are easily doable by end of the year. Plus, I don't think battery is going to be very much affected as some think by dual core. Most phones now use a 1500mh battery whereas the notes for dual cores so far are 2000mh batteries. So, I'm betting life is roughly the same.

Though, by next year we need to see a newer technology for portable devices.
9th February 2011, 01:34 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Mexico

372 posts
More
Yeah, I really like the Atrix, its got all the stuff, and 1gb of ram. For some reason no one else is making that much ram on the phone. I just dont like how moto locks their phones, I get 2 upgrades a year since I have two phones so I am planning, right now, on getting the thunderbolt and then something around september.
9th February 2011, 02:04 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx

I'm going to wait for the hardware to mature first.

1) 4G is not available in my area.
2) Battery life? Everyone is focused on 4G and dual-core... nobody has said a peep about battery life.
3) I'm in love with the Samsung Fascinate hardware. Going to an LG or HTC phone feels like a step backwards.
4) Hackability. I want to only buy phones with lots of custom ROM support, and will wait to see how the modding / ROM scene develops first.
5) I don't buy new phones. I wait at least 2 months, then buy used devices. I can use the phone for several months, then sell the phone as used for about the same price I paid. Doing this allows me to frequently switch devices, so I can switch hardware almost at-will at no cost to me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread