Having played with adb for hours and not being able to get sqlite working in cmd. I tried browsing to the file the script in the above post appeared to be editing with Root Explorer. To my surprise, when you click on the devicemanager.db file, Root Explorer gives you an option to buy SQLite Editor. Which I did.
- Root Explorer (in market)
- SQLite Editor (in market)
1. Open Root Explorer
2. Open devicemanager.db from (/data/data/com.bn.devicemanager/databases/devicemanager.db)
3. Select "registry" - this should open up a spreadsheet looking file
4. Find row: com.bn.device.fota.mode
5. Drag over to the column labeled "value"
6. Press and hold "auto" until the "Actions" window pops up
7. Select "Edit Field"
8. Replace auto with manual
9. Select "Save"
Assuming this is what the scripts are doing, your nook color should now be blocking BN OTA updates. The best part is that you can do all of this from your nook color. Hope this helps!