Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No signal or No service on Samsung Galaxy S

Tip us?

mikag642011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] No signal or No service on Samsung Galaxy S

I noticed that my galaxy was sluggish & decided to preform the solution here: hemorrdroids.net, speed up your Samsung galaxy S

now in the process, i got it wrong several times whiles flashing with the odin. when I finally got it right and reinstalled the firmware, the phone displays a no service notification, but show the name of the network chip in it. no signal bars as if it were locked. I bought it as unlocked phone. now I cant even search for a single network in my country. when u do a manual search, it returns nothing. if u try the dialer it says not registered to network..

does anyone know how to get my signal a GPS working?? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joakim0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm... I've got the same problem as you... Flashed docs to my Galaxy S Yesterday and now it show no service notification.... Anyone who have a got an idea?

madhur_ahuja
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am also facing the same problem. Any one who has solved it ?

Silnar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got the same problem, from 1 day i have notification (no service)

ravian410
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got the same problem plz plz some one helpp

WATRD
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Not sure if it's the same problem you folks are having, but there's a thread on here entitled "Problem with Airplane Mode on Epic after installing midNight ROM" that describes a problem with no signal after a ROM flash, and a solution via using Odin to update just the modem.

I would post a link, but the forum here won't let me because I don't have enough posts. Your mileage may vary, but the symptoms sound similar so it might give you a place to start even if the fix doesn't fix you.

yefymenko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too am having the same problem. It seems that my Phone (Galaxy SC-02b) does not recognize the modem/internal antena.

I installed the Darky's Rom on it, and it runs great. Except the signal part. I can flash it back to the original, but I want to see if I can make it work.

I think it's just a matter of picking out the correct modem tar, but I can't find the right one. My phone is a little bit odd, It's a Japanese Galaxy, so not sure if I can find it here. Unfortunately my Japanese is not good enough to go scouring the japanese forums.

Thanks for any help.

Hitec Wireless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey Yefimenko what 3G bands are used in Japan 1900/850 or maybe 900/2100 or 1700/2100 ? Can you find that out ? then you need to flash modem that supports that , Europe support 900/2100 US/Canada/Australia 850/1900 and AWS 1700/2100 Tmobile US /Wind? mobilicity Canada

Hitec

dejanet
Old
Thanks Meter 7
We've been through all of this before the Japanese phones will only work with the Japanese kernel. Symptoms are usually sin not recognized and no radio signal. QUOTE=yefymenko;11612862]I too am having the same problem. It seems that my Phone (Galaxy SC-02b) does not recognize the modem/internal antena.

I installed the Darky's Rom on it, and it runs great. Except the signal part. I can flash it back to the original, but I want to see if I can make it work.

I think it's just a matter of picking out the correct modem tar, but I can't find the right one. My phone is a little bit odd, It's a Japanese Galaxy, so not sure if I can find it here. Unfortunately my Japanese is not good enough to go scouring the japanese forums.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SC-02B using XDA Premium App
Galaxy S II
SC-02C
Network: Docomo

Dark3n
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2016
Either the phone.apk is bad or the modem is incompatible.
You could try the http://romkitchen.org/ and make an update with different modem only.